• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast

sourc3d

Dreading the day my PS3 dies or I somehow lose access to my PS library with my digital Outrun Online Arcade purchase.

Still play OOA regularly alongside Daytona HD, and Afterburner DX.

PS4 needs to step up and support backwards compat for PS3 library purchases.

Chiramii

My only background with Outrun going into this was the arcade version and I really enjoyed that. As a broke teenager this was my only game for PSP for almost a year, and what a fantastic game it was.

jett

D-Member
One of my favorite games, will forever keep installed on my PC. The PC port is pretty good except for the removed bloom of the original OR2.

Yeah that's bullshit.

Yearp, Transformed is better in every way, it's really its campaign mode that massively makes me sway towards it. Mario Kart just has nothing on that end but the regular-ass 25-year old championships.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Yeah that's bullshit.

I agree. Sonic Transformed is my favorite kart -and arcade-style- racer of the past generation. I like Mario Kart 8 a lot, but Sonic is the better game. Am still looking forward to the Switch version, however, since it will have a real battle mode back again.

Not to derail the thread, but why is the Xbox version so expensive? Is it resellers inflating the market (again?) or is there some valid reason?

Not sure if you were referring to me, but the unit in my pic is a Playstation 2 TV - the guts of a PS2 reside in the bottom 'stand'.

s-l16000du0f.jpg

Also, is this available in the States? And different sizes hopefully?

Not to derail the thread, but why is the Xbox version so expensive? Is it resellers inflating the market (again?) or is there some valid reason?

It's an old set and only was available in that size, best bet to find one now would be eBay etc.

Outrun

Tears of joy while playing it, everytime, such awesome experience.

We need a new 3d outrun, the world needs a new Outrun.

One day we will have a new one, one day...

It is such a lovely game.

The world needs another excellent Outrun title.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone comes across an inexpensive copy for PC (sub $20 PayPal including shipping to NYC), please PM me. Amazon price is straight up gouging and I'd rather deal with a GAF member than some of the Euro websites.

The Xbox version was released about 3 or 4 months after the 360 was released, and not many copies were printed if my memory serves correctly. It became backwards compatible with the 360 eventually, but scarcity is likely the main reason for its higher value.

I always thought it was a model produced for the Europe region in 2010 (?), but I could be wrong... and it was only in a single size (22 inch). The thing has more input options than the International Space Station!

Justinh

The Xbox version was released about 3 or 4 months after the 360 was released, and not many copies were printed if my memory serves correctly. It became backwards compatible with the 360 eventually, but scarcity is likely the main reason for its higher value.

Hmm. I didn't notice that. I guess it would make sense that they wouldn't make many copies for the console that was on its way out.

Lettuce

Didn't i read back the other month that Sega has got the license back for Ferrari?

Also what was the Outrun 2 Online, what that Coast 2 Coast or just vanilla Outrun 2?

Justinh

Didn't i read back the other month that Sega has got the license back for Ferrari?

Also what was the Outrun 2 Online, what that Coast 2 Coast or just vanilla Outrun 2?

I'm going to have to recheck, but I'm pretty sure I saw that it was a stripped down HD-version of Coast 2 Coast. Give me a few minutes to make sure/ find some links or something. I might've heard about it in a video.

Playing a seemingly finished build of OutRun Online Arcade for Xbox Live Arcade reveals that it is, as expected, roughly half the content of OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast. It's the 15 courses of OutRun2 SP, with ten licensed Ferraris to drive
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/outrun-online-arcade-hands-on

Opa-Pa

OutRun 2 in general is one of my favorite games ever! I'd say it's my favorite arcade racer, but I love the original OutRun so much too, I don't know. My least favorite thing about it is that I didn't know it existed until the Ferrari license was already dead and the OutRun Online delisted, so I'm stuck with the PSP version (which overclocked, is fantastic in its own way) and the OutRun 2 cabinet next to my appartment, haha.

I actually enjoy unlocking stuff in this a lot, OP, but you do you obviously. The game is fantastic either way.

Some posts here had me excited to look for the japanese SP version... but not slipstream? :( it's my favorite thing about the game.

Shaneus

As a huge fan of the original Outrun game, I feel bad missing out on this (expensive) and Coast 2 Coast (delisted). I guess I have to make do with vanilla Outrun 2.
If it's worth anything, I still prefer that version anyway. Better texture quality and AF, far closer to the arcade than 2006 ever was.

Justinh

Wow. Today I learned that I really suck at these games lol. I can only get to the end in 2 if I put the difficulty on Very Easy. It's still a lot of fun though. Coast 2 Coast feels a lot more relaxing, I think, because I just know that everything I do, I'm earning "miles" for my next unlock even if I don't "finish"(the first thing I unlocked was the Testarossa)

Breakage

What's the best version to get (i.e. the one with fewest BC glitches) for the Xbox 360?
Is it OutRun 2 or OutRun 2006: C2C?

What's the best version to get (i.e. the one with fewest BC glitches) for the Xbox 360?
Is it OutRun 2 or OutRun 2006: C2C?
IIRC, original OutRun 2 has some slowdown issues that show up every now and again, but has some exclusive content.

I unfortunately only own original OutRun 2 on Xbox and not C2C.

One of my favorite games, will forever keep installed on my PC. The PC port is pretty good except for the removed bloom of the original OR2.

Yeah, I always have the PC port installed on my system too. Pretty sure the PC port is missing a few visual effects, but it still looks and runs pretty great at 60FPS at 4K resolution.

Top Bottom