• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: PS VR (Borderlands 2 bundle)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
PS-VR-Banner.jpg

SONY scooped VR right out from under Microsoft, PS VR has the games (Resident Evil, Firewall etc.) and thanks to previous endeavors (Eye Toy, motion controllers etc.) SONY took VR for their own and are leading the way for VR on consoles. I refused to buy this at launch (Pricing the biggest reason)

I think the biggest reason VR is slowly catching fire is it needs developers attempting its hurdlers and for whatever reason developers choose not to, why not utilize this hardware? If you want to say Oculus Rift is the best, ok, but this isn't Kinect or Eye Toy this is hardware developers are fighting for to win.

I'm convinced SONY sees PS VR as a success and is making PSVR 2 happen. I think it works and is an effective tool for developers. Very interesting.
PS5-Logo-1024x512.png

What does GAF think of PSVR? Any recommendations? How was your experience with VR? The first few days I've been only able to log 20-30 mins but sessions are getting longer. I like it. Let me know your thoughts.

Vawn

Banned
I forgot about Borderlands 2 VR. As much as I love VR, that sounds horrible.

The best VR games are the ones specifically made for VR. I've yet to find many good examples of older games being ported to VR that benefited from the transition.

Grinchy

Banned
I did not like my time with Borderlands 2 VR very much, whether with Aim or Moves. It has some positives, but overall, felt very lackluster. The shooting mechanics just do not feel good, and for a game where that is all that you do, that's a huge no-no.

Grinchy

Banned
I forgot about Borderlands 2 VR. As much as I love VR, that sounds horrible.

The best VR games are the ones specifically made for VR. I've yet to find many good examples of older games being ported to VR that benefited from the transition.
I feel like that's usually true, but I think Wipeout and Skyrim(archery build) are 2 examples off the top of my head that turned out really great in VR.

Last edited:
Top Bottom