• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Rise of the Tomb Raider

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This is a really good 3rd person action adventure game I think they were intending to make 2+ games and was more than happy to market the second game on a cliff hanger.

giphy.gif

The areas that are improved in Rise of the Tomb Raider are gameplay, upgrades and to be fair the robust platforming. The controls are easy to pick up quickly and it was a pleasure playing through a typical, traditional 15 hour story game.

I loved the small world and loved that they give you many save points, that's what gamers like. Managing collectibles, side missions etc. is something I'm sure hardcore gamers would love I'm sure.

b8ca7d2f8db24be2c1cdb8e08c168a31.gif

The game has a chance to be better than Uncharted but in seriousness no villain, no puzzles but the jaw dropping high lights are worth the play alone.
hlRGSqN.png

Rise of the Tomb Raider is an action machine and fits right in, exploring "forgotten cities" has never been a good idea but man it's a thrill. Lara can go get what she needs and has a huge impact on the game, not being scared of the big moments and plays into the female threads, it's not the same as playing as a Chun Li but I'm all for Lara and was excited for her every step of the journey. That had to be mentioned, refusal to acknowledge good female characters like Lara should get attention in the gaming community. Brace yourself for a 8/10 game.

Last edited:

shubik

Shadow has much better puzzles and platforming. Among the reboot series Shadow has the best puzzles to be honest.

that's true but I thought the stealth parts where incredibly bland and repetitive. It was by far the worst of the 3 new games in my opinion.

Nankatsu

Much better than shadow

In terms of exploration and puzzles I completely disagree.

Shadow is a huge step up in that regard comparing to Rise. Just needed a better story, less killing spree and a Lara Croft with personality.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Really enjoyed this.

I didn't feel as strongly about the whole result as the first game, but the improved tombs (almost feeling like mini Zelda dungeons at times), some of the best visuals I've seen in places, and another generally awesome adventure, with platforming and combat taken to the extreme, definitely delivered.

I would have preferred that the game went to more varied locations and felt longer (and that's with the added DLC), like the first game, but it is what it is. I'm glad to have it. I spent a week blasting through this, because I couldn't put it down, due to how much fun every session was.

These games come off like AAA -- The Prototypical Example, and that's true to an extent, but they also have a bit of soul and great game design to them.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
In terms of exploration and puzzles I completely disagree.

Shadow is a huge step up in that regard comparing to Rise. Just needed a better story, less killing spree and a Lara Croft with personality.
but PAITITI

levyjl1988

Banned
I could not play these titles because Lara Croft was hit be an ugly bat, its like feminists ruined her face or something. Tomb Raider (2013) on Xbox 360/PS3/Mac was the best versions, then they went on to touch up her face in the remaster that it looks fugly.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Shadow feels like a weird budget game compared to the other two. It looks amazing, it's one of the best looking games this gen (played it on PC), but they stripped out so much of the combat and stuff it just doesn't flow right. Still, it's ok.

Spokker

They should do a crossover with Uncharted and Tomb Raider. It's be like the Jetsons Meet the Flintstones.

Top Bottom