• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ry ga Gotoku Kenzan! (import Yakuza + guide play)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wish I could play this.

you can, just import and use ThePatrick's guide. sure it require a lil work and might don't feel right at first be it worth it.

Game is great, not even for Yakuza fans only but for Samurai game fans since it's the best game of the sub genre and has the best combat and sword fighting system of any Samurai game ever.

IrishNinja

i forgot to mention! KHHsubs - the channel in the OP with the magnificent youtube walktrhough, guy posts on sega's yakuza boards too! - is currently working on videos for all the game's sidequests as well, meaning at some point everything in the game will be covered!

and yeah, he said if 5 isn't localized & he has time he'd consider that one too.

totos that is the 2nd time you've shat in my house here

i'm asking you to please stop shitting in my house

Conezays

Late bump. Decided to pull the trigger and order a copy off Play Asia after enjoying Yakuza 0 so much recently. Appreciate the write up and links, Irish Ninja!

Conezays

no problem m'man, glad i could help!

yeah, finally got my copy so after 0 i think that's next....might wait till after kiwami though!

Oops, should say *off Play Asia. Kenzan has already shipped as well :)

Anyways, I figure we have no chance of Kenzan ever coming over due it coming out in 2008. With Ishin coming out in 2014, perhaps there's still a faint glimmer.

My understanding is that Ishin hasn't been fully translated or received the full subtitled video walkthrough treatment like Kenzan. I figured I'd wait until more has been completed. If the existing guide is more than enough though I may have to grab Ishin as well :p

IrishNinja

Too many positive mentions forced my hand here; went ahead and ordered Ishin as well :p

honestly, i think you made a safe bet - that splinter-series just seems to fall between the cracks, and after kiwami & 6 were already namedropped, i just feel like the chances are next to none. i'd be happy to be wrong here!

EricB

Can I play Ishin without playing the first one or is it the sequel?

They're not related at all. Like two different period films with the same cast of actors.

Great games by the way, Kenzan! was the first Yakuza I completed, and playing with a guide barely detracted from the experience. I wish it would be put up on PSN, since I sold my physical copy after completing it. It is the only game in the series (other than Kiwami and 6) which I don't own.

Conezays

Going to wait a bit before getting to these but just wanted to praise my experience with Play Asia thus far. Great customer service; answered emails in under 20-30 minutes in detail and both orders shipped faster than advertised. Looking forward to both and will post impressions when I jump in.

Top Bottom