• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP : Uncharted 4 what the hell happened (SINGLE PLAYER)

GymWolf

I can just imagine the game starring the Drake daughter being Uncharted: Life Is Strange Edition. Instead of trying to recover some ancient artifact, you're actually just trying to navigate the complicated lost city of High School and the boss fight is getting Derrick to agree to go to Homecoming.
god i hate that fucking game so much...

Kvally

Banned
Uncharted 4 was my favorite of the series. I love the comedy and the story line. Now, if you want to play a crappy, horrible version of Uncharted, play Lost Legacy. That game is mind numbing. Playing through it right now :(

A very fun game with flawed execution.

Like stated throughout the thread, the games pace sucks ass. I want to say the game took me 15 hours or so to finish - I think 3-4 hours could've been trimmed. The game didn't feel like it got going until 5-6 hours in. That's fine when you're playing a 40-50 hour game, but something like this? Yuuuuuuuuugh (shout out Pusha T).

After finishing the game I was sitting there thinking "How the fuck did this game get so many 10s?". For me it's a solid 7.5-8ish. Worth a playthrough, but I know I'll probably never touch this game again.

The way the story ends obviously hints at their daughter taking over - I have no issue with that as long as the game is better than UC4, but I have a feeling it's going to be manufacturing cringe. A cringe factory, if you will.

Roberts

Dusted off my Ps4 pro to give it another try - tried before, but it just didn't work for me, so I gave up. At least I completed it this time and my impression in one word would be: Inconsistent. It can be a really fun game in one chapter and a super boring one in the next. It understands storytelling yet is too proud of itself not to notice that a big portion of the story is just old boring cliches. The game is way too long for something that basically makes you do three or four things (and it does those things very well), repeated over and over. Graphically, it often looks like the best looking game of this gen and yet sometimes it's merely OK. So, basically I had that love and hate relationship with it, but fortunately the good outweighed the bad. 6, but probably 7 out of ten. It didn't really help that I started the new Star Wars game right after on X and it is just so much more my kind of jam.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMhack

Dusted off my Ps4 pro to give it another try - tried before, but it just didn't work for me, so I gave up. At least I completed it this time and my impression in one word would be: Inconsistent. It can be a really fun game in one chapter and a super boring one in the next. It understands storytelling yet is too proud of itself not to notice that a big portion of the story is just old boring cliches. The game is way too long for something that basically makes you do three or four things (and it does those things very well), repeated over and over. Graphically, it often looks like the best looking game of this gen and yet sometimes it's merely OK. So, basically I had that love and hate relationship with it, but fortunately the good outweighed the bad. 6, but probably 7 out of ten. It didn't really help that I started the new Star Wars game right after on X and it is just so much more my kind of jam.

Mmm yeah that sums it up for me. Was one of those games I enjoyed it but felt like I was rushed to finish it because I wanted it to be done after a while.

Some of the scenery is great. Loved that mission which started in the Scottish highlands.

Last edited:

Vorg

Banned
About 4 hours into this game (chapter 8 of 20 odd)
My last Uncharted was 2, which was an amazing game ( 10/10) for me.

Playing this I was super hyped, I was going to get the remastered collection, then though fuck it get the ps4 one.

The start is what you would think but hell the pacing is sooooo odd. The first 5 chapters I played almost with one hand, it could have all been done with a 30 second cut scene, the 'traversal' elements are a joke just look for the clearly labelled hold/jump here sign and follow.
Yes it is gorgeous but all I do is follow a basically pre path down a super linear route. Then suddenly the 20-30mins of movement parts stops and you have to kill 20-30 people dead, then the next boring part. I forget the controls to the shooting part since it was like 30 mins since I shot something.

The characters are so boring, and nothing new, the plot so far is boring as fuck. I personally feel the graphics are good but while playing it hardly matters - the gameplay is soo slow and shit. I am unsure to finish this game, and just move onto TLOU.

What you think GAF. Another overrated game that has the super polish but is basically a 5/10 game.

The bolded is why I can't play Sony exclusive games anymore. If I wanted a movie I'd just watch a movie. Disclaimer: I own a ps3, a ps4 and a psp. This trend started on the ps3 and only went downhill from there.

Grinchy

Banned
I was very surprised by how much it bored me. I was also pretty burnt out on the formula after heavily playing every Uncharted game (including the Vita one) already.

It's really amazing to read some people here bash Uncharted 4 at the same time that praise things like the last Star Wars.
Please show me where in JFO you're forced to boring shit for the sake of bad story telling.
If anything JFO is more akin to Uncharted 2.

Jon Neu

Banned
Please show me where in JFO you're forced to boring shit for the sake of bad story telling.
If anything JFO is more akin to Uncharted 2.

In JFO you're forced to finish the game, that's already boring as fuck and it's story telling is at the same level of the Disney movies, with some of the most uncharismatic characters ever. The game it's filled with bugs everywhere, by the way.

Uncharted 4 was an epic ride, JFO was a rushed made game with some -copied- good gameplay mechanics and some good level design, but at the end the game lead nowhere. Good action game for the most part, but Uncharted 4 is a far better game.

Roberts

In JFO you're forced to finish the game, that's already boring as fuck and it's story telling is at the same level of the Disney movies, with some of the most uncharismatic characters ever. The game it's filled with bugs everywhere, by the way.

Uncharted 4 was an epic ride, JFO was a rushed made game with some -copied- good gameplay mechanics and some good level design, but at the end the game lead nowhere. Good action game for the most part, but Uncharted 4 is a far better game.

To be honest, I kind of dig that all the main characters look like weirdos and outcasts. Wasn't into it when I saw the trailers, but during the game you get to like them a lot. Speaking of bugs, yes, I had one so far where I fell through geometry and got stuck. I'm sure they will fix it soon. But I digress, this is not the place to discuss that game.

Arachnid

About 4 hours into this game (chapter 8 of 20 odd)
My last Uncharted was 2, which was an amazing game ( 10/10) for me.

Playing this I was super hyped, I was going to get the remastered collection, then though fuck it get the ps4 one.

The start is what you would think but hell the pacing is sooooo odd. The first 5 chapters I played almost with one hand, it could have all been done with a 30 second cut scene, the 'traversal' elements are a joke just look for the clearly labelled hold/jump here sign and follow.
Yes it is gorgeous but all I do is follow a basically pre path down a super linear route. Then suddenly the 20-30mins of movement parts stops and you have to kill 20-30 people dead, then the next boring part. I forget the controls to the shooting part since it was like 30 mins since I shot something.

The characters are so boring, and nothing new, the plot so far is boring as fuck. I personally feel the graphics are good but while playing it hardly matters - the gameplay is soo slow and shit. I am unsure to finish this game, and just move onto TLOU.

What you think GAF. Another overrated game that has the super polish but is basically a 5/10 game.
Uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of the series. It never got any better IMO. 4 was one of the worst. Best story, but super tedious gameplay.

I will say though, Lost Legacy was a huge upgrade. It was actually my favorite UC after 2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom