• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP : Whole Grain Mustard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

So we got a Try The World France box a while back and it contained a jar of whole grain mustard.

51o48zNHulL.jpg

I've never had mustard like this, but it's amazing. The little seeds make it great and it ads a wonderful texture and flavor if you pair it with BBQ sauce. I'm gonna have to explore this further.

I have found Lakeshore Whole Grain Mustard which does varieties that pair it with Irish Stout or Irish Whiskey. Gonna have to try those.

ReAxion

sear off some beef short ribs and set aside
dice an onion and saute it for a bit, maybe some garlic, too.
throw the ribs back in, add a couple tablespoons of that mustard, couple tablespoons honey, and a bottle of brown ale. simmer that for a few hours (or pressure cook for shorter!)

serve over some mashed potato, spoon some of that leftover simmering liquid.
you got a bad ass dinner.

eat a vegetable too i guess.

Kaladin

sear off some beef short ribs and set aside
dice an onion and saute it for a bit, maybe some garlic, too.
throw the ribs back in, add a couple tablespoons of that mustard, couple tablespoons honey, and a bottle of brown ale. simmer that for a few hours (or pressure cook for shorter!)

serve over some mashed potato, spoon some of that leftover simmering liquid.
you got a bad ass dinner.

eat a vegetable too i guess.

That sounds good.

I am a big fan of mustard and find whole grain to be one of the most versatile varieties. I always have at least one of these on hand.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Condiment of gods. Mixed with a little bit of mayo on a simple sandwich. Perfect. Makes you question basic yellow mustard.

ReAxion

if you wanna get really crazy; making your own mustard, that's a path that has no end. bulk buy mustard seeds and go nuts.

soco

basically only eat whole-grain mustard anymore. So many good kinds, and it's godlike on so many things. A really good hot pastrami sandwich and it's amazing.

I even use it in salad dressings and in on top of roasted veggies and such.

Really good in a marinade or dressing too, as well as obviously on a sandwich. We always have way too many mustards in our fridge. I do like whole grain, but my #1 is still a Keen's Hot Mustard.

soco

Really good in a marinade or dressing too, as well as obviously on a sandwich. We always have way too many mustards in our fridge. I do like whole grain, but my #1 is still a Keen's Hot Mustard.

Amen. Need to try that one. The Inglehoffer Sweet Hot Pepper mustard is pretty awesome (though it's not really whole-grain, they do have a good whole-grain and stone-ground mustards though).

But does it have 0 calories and fat like cheap yellow mustard?

Even yellow isn't "zero", but many of the pure mustards are 0 fat and very few calories (like 5-15 sometimes?)

But does it have 0 calories and fat like cheap yellow mustard?

One of the two I have in my fridge, inglehoffer, is 10 calories per serving, no fat

Edit: the highest calorie mustard in my fridge is a Russian sweet-hot mustard, weighing in at 18 calories per serving
Edit: that said, I think the only one that is 0 calories is my yellow mustard

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This + Dijon + Garlic + a bit of oil and lemon juice = Good marinade. Its what I would use for chicken breast. Mustard takes on a sweeter profile too when cooked. Its interesting.

441156_1.jpg

I absolutely used to detest mustard, until I had some good mustard. Makes a load of difference!

I goddamn love Maille mustard. We went to the store in Paris and tried their fresh mustard as well as bought a variety pack of different styles. Totally recommend it. I think they have a store in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom