• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP:Yu Gi Oh Arc V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario007

So I've been watching all the Yu Gi Oh shows over the past year, first fueled by nostalgia and then later curiosity. I've just caught up to the end of the dub of Arc V and so far it's fantastic. I was very apprehensive about it at the start due to the "action duels" and "action cards" and basically cards coming to life, but in the end the intradimensional war, hopping from dimension to dimension and most importantly Yuya have all made up for that.

Yuya itself is a great protag. He starts off pretty much inventing a new Yu Gi Oh summoning method which is pretty ridiculous but he grows a lot in the first season. By the time he meets Yuto he's still very much in the dark about everything but he's a good protagonist who has his fair share of faults but they never get annoying. His deck too, while the performer pals are a bit crazy, the stronger monsters are pretty amazing. And when he goes full Yami it's a sight to behold.

I really hope they end up dubbing the rest of the series. Did anyone hear any news on that front? I know many will recommend subs, but Yu Gi Oh is a show I put in the background while I'm doing other things, so the English is absolutely important. Plus I got used to the voices now.

Also are there any animes like Yu Gi Oh at all? What I mean is the long duels full of deus ex machinas, duels happening every episode etc. So I guess fast paced is what I'm looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom