• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumines Rox.

Props to Whiteman.

Any other ways to unlock songs other than play challenge? Im not very good yet so I still have that default song and urbanization but I want MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game! Argh psp rox!

Triumph

Banned
Personally, I dunno of any more ways. Just keep at it- I was absolute drek the first couple of days I had the game but there's a point where you just start to get it and it flows from there.

But yeah man, fucking awesome game. Still probably my fave psp game.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Good game. But it could have been better. Skin/song shuffle in the main game would have been a g-dsend.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
By far my favorite game on PSP. It's so hypnotic. I spent many a nights when I first got my PSP rocking out to awesome tracks like "Shinin'." I nearly crapped my pants the first time I made it all the way to "Lights."

There are a few of the skins that can be unlocked through hours logged and a few from the versus mode, but for the most part, you're gonna have to face the challenge.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
speaking of lumines, do you get anything for playing through the puzzle mode?

i dont like this mode at all, and i'm currently stuck on one ("big square" iirc) that the game just wont seem to recognize when i make the shape... should i even bother?

K ill keep at it, ive been playing it quite a bit since I got it. I needed a good puzzle game to round out my psp collection, which is turning out pretty awesome :D

jiggle

op_ivy said:

i dont like this mode at all, and i'm currently stuck on one ("big square" iirc) that the game just wont seem to recognize when i make the shape... should i even bother?

It was pretty fun for me, until they started to repeat.
I quit when i reached the one that requires you to clear the screen 3 or 4 times? ^^;

blackadde

op_ivy said:

One skin for the first round, another for the x2 (do it twice!) round.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, why the hell wont it clear me for the big square (5x5)?

i dont think its repeated yet, so i guess i still have a few skins to go...

japtor

jiggle said:
It was pretty fun for me, until they started to repeat.
I quit when i reached the one that requires you to clear the screen 3 or 4 times? ^^;
i stopped at the repeats too. after getting 999999 on challenge, then doing time trials for a while (before stopping because no one else played it), puzzle mode was my last reason to play the game. much fun was had. then i got to the repeats. then meteos came out, with a crazy high score system. one where you dont get the exact same score as everyone else who is decent at the game. i know, i know, its weird, but it actually works.

MrAngryFace said:
Props to The White Man

scratch_head.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
japtor said:
i stopped at the repeats too. after getting 999999 on challenge, then doing time trials for a while (before stopping because no one else played it), puzzle mode was my last reason to play the game. much fun was had. then i got to the repeats. then meteos came out, with a crazy high score system. one where you dont get the exact same score as everyone else who is decent at the game. i know, i know, its weird, but it actually works.
See, I actually enjoyed the score ceiling in Lumines as it gave you something to truly strive for. It was a real goal and the path to that goal was just awesome. I had a whole lot more fun with Lumines than pretty much any puzzle game to date. It just kept me playing until I made it to the very end.

That's really quite different from the normal puzzle game logic (where there IS no ceiling), however, and that might be why it really worked for me.

Wouldn't exactly want all puzzle games to follow this format, of course, but I think it was perfect for this game.

Ceb

Let's hope Mizuguchi keeps his word and bumps up the high score to 999,999,999 for Lumines 2. :D

Top Bottom