• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumo - Isometric puzzle platformer, PS4/Vita/XB1/PC, Rising Star Games

MauroNL

Rising Star Games is a publisher. The game is developed by "Triple Eh?"
You sure?
"Yes, it really is true; Lumo will be the first great game of 2016. That explains why Rising Star Games was so keen to sign a partnership with Triple Eh? Ltd to publish it. It is the reason that Lumo is coming to multiple formats – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation Vita, PC, Mac, and Linux – early next year, so as many people as possible can play it."

kadotsu

Banned
There are some nice touches like the Indiana Jones hat moment but overall the game looks a bit cheap. It's probably the lighting. It could be a nice Solstice-like game with a bit more polish.

Nozem

Wow, Nebulus flashback!

fNTF6ah.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Man this reminds me of many c64 and amiga games(and in fact it's said the game is inspired to 80s and 90s computer games), but while it's probably inspired to this
Knight_Lore_-_1984_-_Ultimate_-_Play_the_Game.jpg

it looks extremely similar to Solstice, a NES game, even the main character is really similar
Solstice_04.png

it looks extremely similar to Solstice, a NES game, even the main character is really similar
Solstice_04.png

On the main website for the game, "Lumo is an isometric, arcade adventure game, of the same ilk as revered 8 Bit classics: Head Over Heels, Knightlore, Alien 8, Chimera and Solstice."

There are some nice touches like the Indiana Jones hat moment but overall the game looks a bit cheap. It's probably the lighting. It could be a nice Solstice-like game with a bit more polish.

I actually like the over all look but the hat moment worries me.

Depending on how it's actually done, having the control suddenly torn from the player during an action sequence like that can feel really bad.

wouwie

Game is coming to Playstation (and other platforms, i assume) on 22 April. I have heard good things about this one and i enjoy puzzle platform games so i'll definately look out for reviews and impressions.

jimboton

If it really is an action adventure similar to Equinox, Monster Max, Head over Heels, etc I'll be all over this.

But really from the trailer it looked more like a collection of disjointed (and fairly shallow) isometric 'challenges'.

kyser73

Wow, Nebulus flashback!

fNTF6ah.jpg

Man this reminds me of many c64 and amiga games(and in fact it's said the game is inspired to 80s and 90s computer games), but while it's probably inspired to this
Knight_Lore_-_1984_-_Ultimate_-_Play_the_Game.jpg

Solstice_04.png

Yeah, I got Nebulous, Knight Lore, clearly some Mario, a Marble Madness/Quedex level...

So this is on PSN now, yeah? Might have to look it up.

JP

Oh, hell yes. I'm in for this.

If it's anything at all like the Jon Ritman and Bernie Drummond games then I will be absolutely useless at it. Amazing games though.

Suzzopher

Played about an hour of this last night, really really enjoyed it. I am a child of the 80's who grew up on games like this but that doesn't mean nostalgia is the reason I like it, as a modern video game it ticks so many boxes.

Can't wait to get back to it tonight.

The lift music is hilarious.

shaowebb

Gives me a very Mario 3d Land vibe. We need some gifs in here though man.

EDIT: There thats better. Next time OP you gotta give us something in the first post :)

ei1KEmX.gif

wouwie

Any GAF gameplay impressions? I'm interested. This game seems to have released unnoticed on PSN and Steam (very little reviews on both stores).

orioto

Good Art™
That trailer music is not doing the game any good! Feels like an horrible ios shovel ware cause of it. It needs something more charming.

I picked this up when an old 8 bit developer I know gave it the thumbs up. Glad I did, it's really good.

Man, the easter eggs for an old British fart like me.

It has started off pretty simple but fun like the games of old, but wow - looking at those gifs. This game is going to go places.

Top Bottom