• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

lunar knights ds new scans i think

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope this is good. I didn't like Boktai too much

And this is essentially Boktai...they're pretty much re-branding it

I dare someone to come in here and say that does NOT look like an average GBA game.

At least they're getting rid of the light sensor thing... that was what kept me away from the Boktai's. :/ I hope its fun.

Teasel

BrandNew said:
boktai 3
actualy boktai 4...boktai 3 was released on gba and only in japan :(
oh and even thought i already know the game is going to be awesome i wish they would use the old artwork
24070-boktai.jpg

PolyGone

Banned
thank god they went back to the more cartoony anime look, the character designs from the e3 trailer were god awful. Boktai 3 ftw!

Tokubetsu

PolyGone said:
thank god they went back to the more cartoony anime look, the character designs from the e3 trailer were god awful. Boktai 3 ftw!

wtf are you smoking? e3 trailer + designs was awesome. Did they get rid of the whole spaceship section too?

PolyGone

Banned
Chris Michael said:
At least they're getting rid of the light sensor thing... that was what kept me away from the Boktai's. :/ I hope its fun.

The only reason they're doing that is because it wouldn't fit inside the ds card, plus the location wouldn't work the way it does on the GBA/SP. And it was a cool feature. And I think it looks better than an average GBA game, its among the top tier GBA games if you ask me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
PolyGone said:
The only reason they're doing that is because it wouldn't fit inside the ds card, plus the location wouldn't work the way it does on the GBA/SP.

You sure this is the only reason? I've never heard of this before

PolyGone

Banned
Wario64 said:
You sure this is the only reason? I've never heard of this before

well if you've seen the cartridge from the GBA versions you'd know it wouldn't work on the DS. Sure they've gotten complaints about the sunlight thing being annoying so that is probably a factor. But I think technically it just wouldn't work.

PolyGone

Banned
Archie said:
So is this game like a dungeon crawler?

Its more like Zelda. There's outdoor areas, like forests and towns and stuff, and some of the temples have nice big outdoor sections. The block puzzles are way better than in the 2d Zeldas (ie actually puzzling). Mix in some Metal Gear-esque sneaking around (tap walls to make enemies come near, etc) and you've got an awesome little action RPG.

PolyGone said:
The only reason they're doing that is because it wouldn't fit inside the ds card, plus the location wouldn't work the way it does on the GBA/SP. And it was a cool feature. And I think it looks better than an average GBA game, its among the top tier GBA games if you ask me.

That's great and all, but this is the DS. I want better graphics. Looking at MG Portable Ops and how much effort they seem to be putting into it, I don't know why they can't try on the DS too.

And I just saw the trailer. How can you people honestly think this looks good? Even the animation is crap. The touch screen stuff looks like it was just thrown in.

I remember in an interview with Gamespot back at E3 2K5, Kojima said he was doing "amazing things on the DS". I'm a bit underwhelmed.

PolyGone

Banned
Chris Michael said:
That's great and all, but this is the DS. I want better graphics. Looking at MG Portable Ops and how much effort they seem to be putting into it, I don't know why they can't try on the DS too.

And I just saw the trailer. How can you people honestly think this looks good? Even the animation is crap. The touch screen stuff looks like it was just thrown in.

I remember in an interview with Gamespot back at E3 2K5, Kojima said he was doing "amazing things on the DS". I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Definitely would've preferred a xenogears style 3d settings with sprite-based characters (so you could swivel the camera) but I'm just glad that Kojima's working on another one. Its a great game, its fun, graphics aren't horrible (who cares anyway?) :/

Ichigo

has anyone heard anything about the release date of this? Gamestop is saying apirl '07 but i thought they were trying to release it this holiday season?

Top Bottom