• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyn announced for Fire Emblem Warriors (releases October 20)

Heh it's always weird seeing all the complaints. I feel bad because as someone who really only got into the 3DS games I'm glad they chose to focus on those.

Makes me feel guilty for being the target audience.

Macka

They're really going to need to double down on older characters for me to be interested tbh.

Hector, L'Arachel, Matthew, Lute, Ike, Black Knight...

Lukas, Clive & Leon would be good picks from Echoes.

MicH

I love how they keep showing the Tiki amiibo but she still hasn't been officially revealed for the game :lol

HiroTSK5

I have mixed feelings on this reveal; on the one hand I like Lyn a lot but on the other hand this basically confirms the roster leak and also invalidates everything the developers have said about their roster choices.

Velcro Fly

I'm surprised we didn't get a season pass announcement. It seems clear to me that DLC is going to be the thing that fills out the roster beyond just the newest games.

Netto-kun

https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/chara21.html

chara21.gif
K7oB7LE.jpg
QLkzsKX.jpg
KwGqlTj.png

I'm surprised we didn't get a season pass announcement. It seems clear to me that DLC is going to be the thing that fills out the roster beyond just the newest games.

They haven't even officially announced the entire roster yet. They are probably going to be showing the rest as we get closer to the release date. They are competing against Mario.

Azuran

Banned
I have mixed feelings on this reveal; on the one hand I like Lyn a lot but on the other hand this basically confirms the roster leak and also invalidates everything the developers have said about their roster choices.

And that matters why? They can do whatever they want.

ryseing

Stefan is better then your favorite swordmaster

This guy gets it.

That SS blade.

They're really going to need to double down on older characters for me to be interested tbh.

Hector, L'Arachel, Matthew, Lute, Ike, Black Knight...

Lukas, Clive & Leon would be good picks from Echoes.

C'mon dude, as much as I love Matthew/Lute, those are deep cuts.

Lukas/Leon would be good though.

It doesn't invalidate anything any more than their odd decision to make both of their OC characters use swords. They always said the roster would be "mostly" SD, Awakening, and Fates, and it is. With a few cameos from other games.

Never cared much for Lyn, so the news was meh for me. She gets in instead of Ike and Hector? Really?

I'm a big fan of Awakening and Fates, so I can deal with their overrepresentation better than most here. I would definitely check this out, but I can sympathize with those who are upset with the base roster.

According to a supposed leak, Celica is in too. Not really crazy about her either, but oh well.

L95

Is there a link to this interview?

Indeed there is! Here

SM: We did not expect Lyn to get first place. We knew that Lucina was very popular, but we never expected Lucina to lose to Lyn. One other thing we noticed is that characters from the Game Boy Advance era tended to be popular, and that was a little unexpected. Also, because the final results were a little unexpected, it also meant that development for the Choose Your Legends characters took a bit more time than expected.

TWILT

Banned
Heh it's always weird seeing all the complaints. I feel bad because as someone who really only got into the 3DS games I'm glad they chose to focus on those.

Nah, don't be. The 3DS games are divisive among the older FE fans, but they're not bad games at all. Plenty of things to like about them. I still really enjoyed them as someone who's played all the localized FEs.

Anyway, Lyn's pretty cool; glad she's in. I'll probably pick this game up though I do want Ike eventually...

Nah, don't be. The 3DS games are divisive among the older FE fans, but they're not bad games at all. Plenty of things to like about them. I still really enjoyed them as someone who's played all the localized FEs.

Anyway, Lyn's pretty cool; glad she's in. I'll probably pick this game up though I do want Ike eventually...

Thanks. I do like Lyn from what little I've played of Blazing Sword.

I'm willing to bet Ike will be one of the first DLC characters so I wouldn't worry.

Shinypogs

By the time I'm willing to buy a switch I'm hoping to be able to get the base game bundled with any dlc which will hopefully add to the roster in a meaningful way. I am very pleased to see Lyn although why another sword user was chosen even if she's the most popular girl is puzzling. The game still has no infantry lance users in the roster right, only pegasi?

I do have hopes that Lyn's full moveset will be as swift and sleek as the gba animations, thus far the little bit we saw looks good and she should play different to some of the other sword users which will be nice.

PK Gaming

So assuming the leak is real, which means...

C E L I CA

Fuck your Alms. Fuck your Tharja's. Fuck your Ike's, it's CELICA BABY

brinstar

Same here. I only got into the series with the new games so these threads always make me feel like some weird intruder.

NeonZ

The European trailer forgot to edit out Caeda from a cutscene... and alongside her Navarre. So, it seems like the leak wasn't the full line up.

Edit: There's also a pair of shoulder pads in the Navarre shot that don't match any revealed character.
Edit: The shoulders are just Chrom's. He's visible in the Direct version of the trailer.

HiroTSK5

It doesn't invalidate anything any more than their odd decision to make both of their OC characters use swords. They always said the roster would be "mostly" SD, Awakening, and Fates, and it is. With a few cameos from other games.

That's super true, but its always sucked that since the game was announced every thread has turned into complaints about why characters from other games were not being featured with the response being the developer's previous statements but now that's out the window.

Merc_

Same here. I only got into the series with the new games so these threads always make me feel like some weird intruder.

You shouldn't be.

The franchise would be dead entirely without you newer fans. Too many of the older fans just can't seem to voice their disappointment with the roster without coming off like elitist dickheads. Keep loving Awakening and Fates y'all.

Top Bottom