• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mac fans gather ye round.

fugimax

::Obligatory mac gaming joke::

OMG MACS CAN PLAY GAMES?!?!

Nah...I own a PowerBook. My p4 2.4 radeon 9800 sits dormant. It runs Halo better than my PC. I think it's a developer choice to not support mac...not that macs can't handle it. Oh well.

Anyways..

There are good games for mac...you just have to look for 'em. Since I'm usually on the go, most of the older, less-immersive, mac games are quite fun to play.

I still love the game way back from the 80's where u drop the stick figure from the helicopter onto a horse carriage. Good stuff. There was also the one where you flew the paper airplane through the house -- classic.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
fugimax said:
::Obligatory mac gaming joke::

OMG MACS CAN PLAY GAMES?!?!

Nah...I own a PowerBook. My p4 2.4 radeon 9800 sits dormant. It runs Halo better than my PC. I think it's a developer choice to not support mac...not that macs can't handle it. Oh well.

Heh. My PC runs Halo better than the G5 that we have. :) But yeah, it's DEFINITELY a developer choice, and I think it's somewhat stupid. I cannot believe that huge games like Half Life never made it to the Mac.

Glider Pro ROCKED. I completely forgot about that game.

It comes down to a cose-benefit analysis. Is it worth the extra time, money, and future support to release your game on the Mac paltform? Are you going to profit enough? Do you even have the workforce to be able to do it?

It is crazy that Half Life never got released on Mac. It obviously would have made enough money. It was fucking huge.

Prospero

My favorite games for the Mac right now--Europa Universalis II and Hearts of Iron.

No Mac thread can go by without the obligatory mention of Bungie's Marathon, and Mac owners' bitterness when MS bought the company. (I have the kickass Marathon Trilogy box set--everything about that was class.)

Prospero said:
No Mac thread can go by without the obligatory mention of Bungie's Marathon, and Mac owners' bitterness when MS bought the company. (I have the kickass Marathon Trilogy box set--everything about that was class.)

Yeah... remember when Halo was first unveiled as the G4's first killer app?

Top Bottom