• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Macron Campaign Emails Hacked and Posted Online

jbug617

Banned
A large trove of emails purporting to be from the campaign of French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron was posted online late on Friday, 1-1/2 days before voters go to the polls to choose the country's next president in a run-off with Marine Le Pen.

Some nine gigabytes of data were posted by a user called EMLEAKS to Pastebin, a document-sharing site that allows anonymous posting. It was not immediately clear who was responsible for posting the data or whether the emails were genuine.

A Macron spokesman was not immediately available for comment.

(reporting by Eric Auchard in Frankfurt and Michel Rose and Bate Felix in Paris; Editing by Cynthia Osterman)
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...BN1812AZ?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Campaign confirmed that they were hacked
https://twitter.com/reuters/status/860615385061748736

Mimosa97

Wikileaks at it again.

Totally not russian agents.

Anyway I can tell you that this won't have much impact in France. It's not America. And it's too late anyways the election is in less than 36 hours.

Who would do this?
image.php

Mael

Good thing the IC from the USA is not on team Trump or we would have 1 more country to suspect...
Wikileaks at it again.

Anyway I can tell you that this won't have much impact in France. It's not America. And it's too late anyways the election is in less than 36 hours.

If you live in America, it's less than 24h.

RinsFury

Putin doing everything he can to destabilize the world. It will be a cause for celebration when they finally put him in the ground.

Ac30

Good thing the IC from the USA is not on team Trump or we would have 1 more country to suspect...

If you live in America, it's less than 24h.

Imagine if the KGB and CIA were friends. Facism ho!

Wikileaks at it again.

Watch Macron blow a 24% lead in 2 days just like Hillary blew a 2.4% lead in 2 months

Wallach

Actually not that worried about this one. If anything this is a little too predictable and will serve in the argument against Russia (even if it somehow wasn't them).

They should expected even the most unexpected of things these days. Russia will have it's tentacles in all the elections of important western countries from now on.

I expect this will have considerably less impact on the election because DNC emails were probably the least worrisome thing about our election, the FBI stuff had a much greater effect. Still, worrying. Hopefully it's a too-late last minute play and the French media are smarter than ours was.

studyguy

They hit him on a Friday night, they're late to the game on it and likely know it.
The discussion making the rounds about twitter seem like there's a metric shitton of bullshit mixed into the dump making it all the more sketchy.

Ac30

at this point, don't even fucking use email.

I'm pretty sure Macron's team actually made it a policy to never use email for sensitive matters - pretty sure some of these documents aren't emails, hence an actual hack (or inside leak)

Macron's lead over Le Pen has steadily widened since the big debate and it was already like 20 points, unlike a certain other candidate. I doubt Macron is in danger here when he's already winning like 60/40 according to the French polls.

kirblar

I wonder if Le Pen's campaign was dumb enough to be directly involved w/ this like we're seeing come out about Trump's.

Top Bottom