• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
S5 poster:

jI0Ls.jpg

Don's perfect woman.

I don't think the S3 poster will ever be topped.

jrAAR.jpg

Anyone done/doing a rewatch before s5? Have to say I'm tempted. Second best drama show ever.

I plowwed through the whole series the first time right before season 3 started. Have been watching ever since. I did not, live with my wife yet so i am rewatching about 1 a night with her and its bringing back so many great scenes i totally forgot. Just watched "an ad man walks in to an agency" or whatever its called.

- Where Season 4 Left Off: Inside Mad Men (AMC Video)
In the first new Mad Men video interview with the cast, Jon Hamm (Don Draper), John Slattery (Roger Sterling), Elisabeth Moss (Peggy Olson), Vincent Kartheiser (Pete Campbell) and Christina Hendricks (Joan Harris) talk about where Mad Men Season 4 left off. Check out the video for a refresher on the series and find out where Season 5 might go from there.
I haven't watched it, and there might be some spoilers. Watch at your own risk.

I'm curious - is Bert actually done, or will he be back?

Weiner obviously runs a tight ship, but we know absolutely nothing about this upcoming season. It's pretty impressive.

Johann

I'm curious - is Bert actually done, or will he be back?

Weiner obviously runs a tight ship, but we know absolutely nothing about this upcoming season. It's pretty impressive.

I heard Robert Moore began to suffer from dementia and kept forgetting his lines on set. They eventually cut him loose.

I'm re-watching S1 right now and I'm confused by one thing. In "New Amsterdam" after Pete's caught pitching his own copy, Bert basically vetoes Don's decision to fire Pete on the basis that his bloodline is too valuable to piss off. But in "Nixon vs. Kennedy," after Pete's failed attempt to hurt Don by revealing his true identity, Bert nonchalantly tells Don that he can fire Pete if he wants.

Nothing seems to have changed in the interim for Bert to suddenly decide that Mama Dikeman is now dispensable. So I'm a bit unclear on that...

I'm re-watching S1 right now and I'm confused by one thing. In "New Amsterdam" after Pete's caught pitching his own copy, Bert basically vetoes Don's decision to fire Pete on the basis that his bloodline is too valuable to piss off. But in "Nixon vs. Kennedy," after Pete's failed attempt to hurt Don by revealing his true identity, Bert nonchalantly tells Don that he can fire Pete if he wants.

Nothing seems to have changed in the interim for Bert to suddenly decide that Mama Dikeman is now dispensable. So I'm a bit unclear on that...

A few theories:

1) Don't more valuabe by the second incident
2) Pete's relatively new in the first incident, but by the second hasn't had the impact they'd hope he'd have
3) The transgression is bigger the second time.

The first incident actually made Bert's offer in the second have all the more impact.

Talon

I think Bert said that knowing Don had more to lose by firing him. That's why he says, "One never knows where loyalty comes from." Pete's discretion could be trusted.

Re-watching "Christmas Comes But Once A Year" since it was on my DVR from the weekend. I forgot how long Mad Men has been off the air because I assumed it was an S3 episode because of the 2010 air date. The conga line at the Christmas party was awesome.

Re-watching "Christmas Comes But Once A Year" since it was on my DVR from the weekend. I forgot how long Mad Men has been off the air because I assumed it was an S3 episode because of the 2010 air date. The conga line at the Christmas party was awesome.
Just finished this up tonight. I forgot Draper's total scumbag move at the end where he makes his secretary bring his keys to his apartment, sleeps with her, and then gives her a Christmas card with $100 in cash the next morning. Sheesh.

Just finished this up tonight. I forgot Draper's total scumbag move at the end where he makes his secretary bring his keys to his apartment, sleeps with her, and then gives her a Christmas card with $100 in cash the next morning. Sheesh.

When people talk about Don being a terrible person, that's the sequence of events that comes to mind.

And that was what, $800 adjusted too? I'd feel like a prostitute :/

It's been good rewatching some of S4. It was on so long ago that I've forgotten a lot of details, and I'm enjoying a refresher before S5 starts. The reruns on AMC are playing on Sunday mornings for anyone that wants to record some of it, though MM is also on Netflix Instant Watch for easy access.

Here's the upcoming schedule:
Code:
Sun. Mar. 11	6:00 AM	AMC 	The Chrysanthemum and the Sword	#4.5
Sun. Mar. 11	7:00 AM	AMC 	Waldorf Stories			#4.6
Sun. Mar. 11	8:00 AM	AMC 	The Suitcase			#4.7
Sun. Mar. 18	6:00 AM	AMC 	The Summer Man			#4.8
Sun. Mar. 18	7:00 AM	AMC 	The Beautiful Girls		#4.9
Sun. Mar. 18	8:00 AM	AMC 	Hands and Knees			#4.10
Sun. Mar. 25	6:00 AM	AMC 	Chinese Wall			#4.11
Sun. Mar. 25	7:00 AM	AMC 	Blowing Smoke			#4.12
Sun. Mar. 25	8:00 AM	AMC 	Tomorrowland			#4.13

- NY Mag asks an actuary: When Will Don Draper Die?
Matthew Weiner claims he already has an ending in mind for Mad Men and its hard-living ad-genius antihero Don Draper. But given the strict code of silence under which Weiner operates, it's unlikely we'll know what that is before the series finale. Since we couldn't wait, we called Jack Luff, an actuary with the Society of Actuaries, presented him with the vital stats (gleaned from close-watching of the show), and asked him to guess Don's expiration date.

Yes! So much better without the caption!
I'm bummed I don't have a longer, cleaner version of it un-captioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom