• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 10 to have Wildcat...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
wildcat1.jpg

wildcat3.jpg

wildcat2.jpg

It may be useless now, since everyone's seen it, but... FUCK THE JETS AND THE PLANE THEY RODE IN ON! WHOOOO! :D

Linky

AColdDay

Forkball said:
I hate it how the broadcasters always orgasm when they do this play. It also has a stupidly generic name.

It was better when it was known as Wild Hog, which made sense considering the guy who helped develop it came from coaching the Arkansas Razorbacks(hogs). Also, it's not just a play.

Kibbles said:
A Play = one of the few "big features" of Madden 10 :lol

It's actually a specific formation not a play. And I can see this online already being abused in madden 10, looks like the cheesers will live on in madden 10 as well.

Kibbles

DMczaf said:
Another one, Rors!
No I want this game to be good, I always get sucked in $60 every year. Madden 06,7, and even 8 seemed like a waste. Madden 09 finally kicked off the next-gen Madden games, imo. I'm hoping they keep it up, but the screens don't show any real graphical improvement. The features announced so far are just minor little things, I'm hoping for some bombshells here to really differentiate Madden 10 from Madden 09. There's still a lot of time until the game comes out so I can't say fissure yet.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
is a wildcat the same as a fleaflicker?

EDIT:
Needs more BLOODY BUCKET
142516a.jpg

Basically the O Line trips left with the RB behind, and the receivers all trip right of center.

If the defense stays on center and plans to blitz the center hikes laterally to the RB with cover for a run

If the defense lines up on the D Line and the RB the center snaps to the QB for pass/option.

We ran this a few times in high school to the pure WTF of the other team :lol

Yay the Dolphins will be good again in a video game!

Obviously that worked great for us last year but this year, yeah I dont know. At least it will probably trick those idiot Jets.

Kibbles said:
No I want this game to be good, I always get sucked in $60 every year. Madden 06,7, and even 8 seemed like a waste. Madden 09 finally kicked off the next-gen Madden games, imo. I'm hoping they keep it up, but the screens don't show any real graphical improvement. The features announced so far are just minor little things, I'm hoping for some bombshells here to really differentiate Madden 10 from Madden 09. There's still a lot of time until the game comes out so I can't say fissure yet.

The shit announced so far sounds great for the gameplay imo.

Zachack

dwin45 said:
Wildcat is when they snap it directly to the running back and let him go wild.
Does Madden have that play where the QB touches the ball on the hike but actually leaves it in the center's hands (who's been replaced with someone faster), and then the center runs with the ball and the other team looks silly because they just got owned, yo?

Also, could someone tell me the name of that play? I think it rhymes.

h3ro

Zachack said:
Does Madden have that play where the QB touches the ball on the hike but actually leaves it in the center's hands (who's been replaced with someone faster), and then the center runs with the ball and the other team looks silly because they just got owned, yo?

The Annexation of Puerto Rico.

Zachack said:

Turd Burglar.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MiamiWesker said:
Yay the Dolphins will be good again in a video game!

Obviously that worked great for us last year but this year, yeah I dont know. At least it will probably trick those idiot Jets.
High five? :D

AnnSwag

angry @ Blu-Ray's success
Wow have to admit those looks nice, we've come a long way since the first electronic football game Madden 1978.

scola said:
is a wildcat the same as a fleaflicker?

EDIT:
Needs more BLOODY BUCKET

Basically the O Line trips left with the RB behind, and the receivers all trip right of center.

If the defense stays on center and plans to blitz the center hikes laterally to the RB with cover for a run

If the defense lines up on the D Line and the RB the center snaps to the QB for pass/option.

We ran this a few times in high school to the pure WTF of the other team :lol

No its not really like a fleaflicker, a fleaflicker the qb will get the ball usually hand the ball off to the RB and then he flips it back to the QB. The picutre you posted seems just like a simple double pass, qb laterals to rb, rb throws it or runs. The wildcat formation is where the RB lines up where the QB usually is and the QB is either not in the play or lined up at a WR spot. RB then decided to take off, pass, or try to lateral to the qb so he can pass or run.

Zachack said:

fumblerooski

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
bucknuticus said:
Not its not really like a fleaflicker, a fleaflicker the qb will get the ball usually hand the ball off to the RB and then he flips it back to the QB. The picutre you posted seems just like a simple double pass, qb laterals to rb, rb throws it or runs. The wildcat formation is where the RB lines up where the QB usually is and the QB is either not in the play or lined up at a WR spot. RB then decided to take off, pass, or try to lateral to the qb so he can pass or run.
Sorry the picture wasn't meant to be what I thought a wildcat was.

In my picture the QB would be less likely to lateral the ball. The center could actually hike the ball to the RB in my picture. The QB could do it, but that is not really how the play is set up/

scola said:
Sorry the picture wasn't meant to be what I thought a wildcat was.

In my picture the QB would be less likely to lateral the ball. The center could actually hike the ball to the RB in my picture. The QB could do it, but that is not really how the play is set up/

I would hope the QB is less likely to lateral the ball...because in a Wildcat the QB is lined up in the WR position and a RB or WR usually will stand behind center. As in the picture.

Zachack said:
That's it. Is it in Madden?
I believe a fumlerooski is when you purposely fumble to throw defense off guard, then recover and make a play.

I forget the name of your play, but its one of the most basic plays in football. Im sure they have it

Afrikan

Gbeav said:
Umm, it actually looks like this

http://games.easports.com/downloads/easports/madden09/img/MaddenNFL09ClassicCamera.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

I can't find this pic posted anywhere....how did u get it...and are there more...

Nakazato

I just hope there will be a way for teams with the 3 headed monsters (BAL/NYG) to be able to get a 2nd HB Sub option

Bluecondor

It kills me that this is framed as an "upgrade."

NCAA has had the wildcat formation for years, and it runs off of a modified Madden engine. I can remember playing as Arkansas when they had Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, and the Wildcat was one of their default formations.

In fact, Phil Frazier (who now works on Madden) was still on the NCAA team back then when they first put it in NCAA. So - I doubt that they have had to put a whole lot of development effort into this.

Like another person said, it would be much more impressive if Madden 10 can allow you to replicate what it is like to mix in multiple back systems like the Ravens run with LeRon McClain and Willis McGahee, or how the Packers replace their Tight Ends with huge backup linemen on short yardage runs. The default formation subs in the PS3/360 versions of Madden have often limited what you can do (in some years, the only way to really replicate things like this is to make subs from the depth chart menu in between plays, which just takes forever). The formation subs in the PS2/Xbox versions had much more depth and flexibility (of course, this often led to people doing ridiculous things like subbing WRs at QB with minimal hits on attributes).

Striker

You can package OL at TE in run plays. Either use sub-packages or in certain fields, like GL or I-Heavy, there should be a Heavy package. One TE on one side, and an OL on the other TE side.

eznark

Banned
This will be the first Madden game ever that I do not buy...unless they put in the single wing. Fuck the wildcat, I want OG option.

I thought this was either:
a) Playable Wildcat from Justice Society Of America
b) Playable team from the motion picture Wildcats

Disappointing.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The league rule discussion for this play could be interesting.

"You aren't allowed to run Wildcat more than once in each half. If the ball is positioned on the field, in the logo paint, and you run the play, that will be an instant disqualification if you win and a source of mild cheese-accusations and ribbing if you lose. Wildcat can only be run on 3rd and long in the fourth quarter, but only if you are losing by more than 21 points and if your team has a losing record and your opponent is comfortable with losing to you if by some miracle you should come back and beat them."

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DenogginizerOS said:
The league rule discussion for this play could be interesting.

"You aren't allowed to run Wildcat more than once in each half. If the ball is positioned on the field, in the logo paint, and you run the play, that will be an instant disqualification if you win and a source of mild cheese-accusations and ribbing if you lose. Wildcat can only be run on 3rd and long in the fourth quarter, but only if you are losing by more than 21 points and if your team has a losing record and your opponent is comfortable with losing to you if by some miracle you should come back and beat them."

They are going to have to put some additional fatigue for running the formation or something. This could be cheese city if used constantly. But maybe the chances of it's success will be nerfed. I understand they had to put it in the game, but they need to be careful with the implementation.

Dali

Bluecondor said:
It kills me that this is framed as an "upgrade."

NCAA has had the wildcat formation for years, and it runs off of a modified Madden engine. I can remember playing as Arkansas when they had Darren McFadden and Felix Jones, and the Wildcat was one of their default formations.

In fact, Phil Frazier (who now works on Madden) was still on the NCAA team back then when they first put it in NCAA. So - I doubt that they have had to put a whole lot of development effort into this.

Like another person said, it would be much more impressive if Madden 10 can allow you to replicate what it is like to mix in multiple back systems like the Ravens run with LeRon McClain and Willis McGahee, or how the Packers replace their Tight Ends with huge backup linemen on short yardage runs. The default formation subs in the PS3/360 versions of Madden have often limited what you can do (in some years, the only way to really replicate things like this is to make subs from the depth chart menu in between plays, which just takes forever). The formation subs in the PS2/Xbox versions had much more depth and flexibility (of course, this often led to people doing ridiculous things like subbing WRs at QB with minimal hits on attributes).

I would consider it a major fuck up if it wasn't a default formation. McFadden's last year they had no choice but to use the Wild Hog because they couldn't move the ball any other way. If it wasn't a default formation in the video game I can just imagine how shitty an already shitty team would be.

Top Bottom