• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 2005 screens and videos!

DMczaf

Videos are here

http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/528/528097/vids_1.html

First time I've seen videos of Madden 2005 that weren't cut by Tiburon finally...

http://sports.ign.com/articles/528/528097p1.html

madden-nfl-2005-2020-20040702032544645.jpg
madden-nfl-2005-2020-20040702032545613.jpg
madden-nfl-2005-2020-20040702032547535.jpg

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
... ouch.

too much inconsistency. some elements look great.. some look bad, and it just creates this wierd jumbled mess...

pilonv1

Commentary and music are the same. Presentation seems to have had a font change and little more. Presentation and graphics wise, it's not even in the same ball park as ESPN. Gameplay is a different matter though...

meh, good and bad.

good - improved DB AI in many instances, nicer catch animations, run blocking seems to be better, digital number read out for accuracy/strength of punts/kicks now

bad - i also see terrible defensive DB ai in some instances, qb drops back 5-15 yards with little/no pressure, passes are still too accurate on the run/dropping back, spin move isn't AS deadly but still looks to be overly effective, very similar to last year, punt returns are still unrealistic.

punt returns should be a crowded mess. how many times in a game do you see the punt returner catch the ball and there are pretty much just 2-3 guys from the other team about 10 yards away from him? you NEVER see that. the punting team swarms the receiver of the punt. there are AT LEAST 5 dudes at or near the punt returner on most punts in the real NFL. but in madden i constantly see punt returners having 5-15 yards of cushion to begin their move. this rarely happens.

bottom line is no there isn't much to get "excited" about in these videos. they are good videos, madden will be an awesome game, but we just haven't seen enough "new" stuff in the videos to get hyped like ESPN.

one thing is for sure, ESPN's graphics are top of the line this year

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
I have to begrudgingly agree.

Madden 2005 doesn't look so hot after seeing NFL2K5 shots.

If you put a designer gown on a crack whore, she'll just be a crack whore in a pretty dress!

crack_whore.jpg
+
e1_1.JPG
=
crack_whore.jpg

Don't fall for the lies again!

lol dm! graphics only my friend, graphics only! you can beat the shit out of tmac all you want, but if you dress him... wait, no thats it. i keep looking at this terrible pic of him!

DMczaf

FMT, I dont even look at the AI in ESPN and Madden vids at IGN

Those pussies use the lowest difficulty setting for sports games, making the AI look retarded. Grow up and be a man, IGN!

pilonv1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
bad - i also see terrible defensive DB ai in some instances, qb drops back 5-15 yards with little/no pressure, passes are still too accurate on the run/dropping back, spin move isn't AS deadly but still looks to be overly effective, very similar to last year, punt returns are still unrealistic.

One video has a player spinning into a diving player and still breaking a tackle. I hate the QB's dropping back too.

punt returns should be a crowded mess. how many times in a game do you see the punt returner catch the ball and there are pretty much just 2-3 guys from the other team about 10 yards away from him? you NEVER see that. the punting team swarms the receiver of the punt. there are AT LEAST 5 dudes at or near the punt returner on most punts in the real NFL. but in madden i constantly see punt returners having 5-15 yards of cushion to begin their move. this rarely happens.

This is one of my pet hates too. Kick returns aren't much better. 90% of the time I have to fair catch my punt returns because there are four guys within two feet of my returner.

bottom line is no there isn't much to get "excited" about in these videos. they are good videos, madden will be an awesome game, but we just haven't seen enough "new" stuff in the videos to get hyped like ESPN.

Thats a good point, these Madden videos are highligting what hasn't changed, especially after seeing the new ESPN stuff. I'm looking forward to the media in Madden though.

yeah IGN sucks FUCKING BALLS at all sports games dude. i don't know what difficulty they play on, frankly i dont care, because even a child should be able to put up better game than this. in one video it's a WR screen, and the qb drops back, after 3 steps the wr is open and on his scheduled route. does the IGN guy throw? no. drops back another 5 yards... WR is still wide open, does he throw? nope. drops back about another 3 steps, wr seems to say "wtf..." as his blockers are clearly in place, but does the IGN guy throw? nope, he gets sacked. what a fucking joke. i wish EA would send me betas, IGN is giving madden a bad AI name!

NCAA is my main football game this year. Madden takes a back seat to it. Sorry dudez, but its the truth. Only after I've had my NCAA fill will I decide what pro foozball game to get.

Mrbob

NCAA is awesome at the way it handles blocking with punt and kick returns! Madden team should just copy what the NCAA team does!

Crag Dweller

aka kindbudmaster
DMczaf said:
FMT, I dont even look at the AI in ESPN and Madden vids at IGN

Those pussies use the lowest difficulty setting for sports games, making the AI look retarded. Grow up and be a man, IGN!

I have a friend like that. He has like a 150-0 record playing on rookie. lol

Top Bottom