• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL 23 potentially on game pass day one?

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah saw this yday, figured it was a mistake but still there.
NBjXG9g.jpg

Jennings

Sports video games aren't my thing because I don't even like the old school way of playing sports, IRL. But this should be good news for Football lovers everywhere.

DaGwaphics

Huge news if true.

I wouldn't worry about 327 user reviews on Madden, it is consistently high on the most played games list.

Makes sense, imagine paying to play Madden... EA goes out of their way to make a shitty game with the license. I can't understand how anyone can continue to support it.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

MS probably showed EA the results from adding MLB The Show day 1…
Or maybe in 2023 Madden is day one in GamePass but replacing MLB 2023 that would no longer be?

It's hard to believe that MS is going to be able to run so many best-selling sports franchises at once.

Although the reality is that Gamepass is the paradise of sports games because, day one or not, generally everyone ends up arriving.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I played the original on pc so I'm old. But the 10 hr trial usually is enough for me until it's $30 for Black Friday.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
If true, it makes a ton of sense for EA to do this. I can’t imagine the profits on MTX with an increased playerbase.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They do have that partnership w/ EA and EA Play.. wonder if that has been super fruitful for EA and this is an extension of that.

I'll check it out actually; my wife and I played a bit of Madden a couple years back and had fun... but was at a friends so not like I paid for the game lol

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Idk but whatever the amount is, MS will make a lot of that money back via MTX.

Probably so. But I wonder if MS did give EA $100 million or more, if that means the price just went up for other AAA games for sub services.

If you are on a video game message board like this........of course it makes sense for us to care and talk about the business of video games. Otherwise, why be on GAF?
Im on here to talk about videogames mainly
Not to care if MS or Sony spend money
Do you care that they will run out of money?
Why even post that 100m for lol

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Sports games always used to be critical to the success to consoles in north America. If that's still true I can see where this would be a big move.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Trend has been for sports games to be available via GP or Plus earlier and earlier. It makes it more likely to get the game into the hands of some 12 year old with access to a credit card who might drop $400 buying virtual shit.

Top Bottom