• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 Reveal next week

Kobalty

Been a fan since the first Mafia and while the second one had its issues I still enjoyed it and replay it often so I'm just sitting here with a huge smile on my face waiting to see whats going to be on offer for the 3rd one...... my body is also ready :)

Pachimari

I hope they'll say SOMETHING about story or gameplay, besides giving us the trailer. The FF XV and MGS V trailers has disappointed me, but still, I'm hopeful of a great Mafia III trailer.

Also to me, the teaser image doesn't look CG, it looks in-engine.

Oynox

Is the reveal in 10 minutes? Hopefully they go the Bethesda route and give us gameplay

And release it this holiday. That would be a dream. Honestly, I do not understand why Publishers do not "stealth" release games. The success of Fallout Shelter was quite overwhelming, I bet you can do the same thing with full titles with some months between announcment and release.

cgaduck

Neo Member
Like the setting and the soundtrack. Hopefully they too Mafia 2's criticism's on board and present a less restictive playground that we can make more of an impact upon.

UrbanRats

I like that it's different enough from the usual Mafia clichès.

So far i'm sold on setting/characters, but hopefully they'll show some serious gameplay improvements over Mafia 2.

gossi

Screenshots

6KeDHhh.jpg

JBhdjoR.jpg

O3DyNB1.jpg

Kobalty

German PC Games has a whole article with a video including gameplay up:

http://www.pcgames.de/Mafia-3-Spiel...Vorschau-Release-Held-und-Schauplatz-1166751/

Guess I could grab the most important information and post it here if wanted.

I would appreciate it if you did as I dont really trust google translate.

As for the trailer I can't pretend that I am anything other than disappointed with it, the fact it was full CGI was a letdown but expected and from the trailer I just watched I cannot see what this game has to do with the "Mob Proper" Mafia series I have grown incredibly fond of.

I like the potential of the character/s shown and the setting excites me incredibly but for me what was shown was so far removed from the two previous games it might aswell be a new ip, I know the term mafia is not specific to the Italian mob but that was one of the biggest draws of the previous games for me as while other games let you skirt up along side the mob or even form your own criminal organization they never actually let you be in the mob which the previous mafia games allowed you to do.

Im not going to write the game off as I am still interested in it I just cant shake this feeling that what I just watched doesn't fit within my own expectations of the Mafia series for which this new game is named after.

Top Bottom