• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAGA rally in Orange County

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

I dont know much about the place except for the show.

A show about all their parents, aunts, uncles, and older relatives would be a lot less entertaining. or more entertaining, depending. But it would also be a lot more conservative, if not out right regressive.

Korey

Wait, the OC is a republican place? That's kinda disappointing.

Orange County is conservative...for California. It's mostly fiscally conservative since a lot of rich people live there. It's also a lot whiter than LA/SD. Basically it's a lot of rich white people. It's not really that socially conservative.

However, it flipped blue in the 2016 election. For the first time since 1936, Orange County voted for a Democratic president (Hillary).

The MAGA people at this rally are the minority.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-2016-orange-county-results/

oc-topper-1.png
oc-topper-2.png

What's the point of holding a rally? They already got what they wanted.

If they stop embracing the Cult of the Donald, they will have to accept that he's a shit President who isn't going to get anything done--and will probably ruin their lives in the process. It's like that friend that want's to keep partying after last call because he doesn't want to go home since him and his gf/wife are arguing.

Orange County is conservative...for California. It's mostly fiscally conservative since a lot of rich people live there. It's not really that socially conservative.

However, it flipped blue in the 2016 election. For the first time since 1936, Orange County voted for a Democratic president (Hillary).

As a LA resident, I didn't even know this. Thank you.

jacksnap

Neo Member
Saw this was posted on the 25th but not mentioned in the thread, sorry for the thread bump:

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/huntin...attack-on-anti-trump-protesters-press-7991623

So there is your counter narrative. It's definitely a slanted article, given its tone, but I thought it was worth reading considering the stink many outlets raised about what seemed on the surface a vicious attack by left wingers (that still pales in comparison to the abuse handed out by authorities towards protestors but whatever)

In before #fakenews.

norm9

So Cal Twitter was working on finding one of the punching idiots because he was wearing his work hat. Not sure if they ever found him.

Bolsa Chica eh? I lived there for a couple of months during my two year leave.

I can't believe they dare use veterans and the afflicted as an excuse for this. How dare they!

Pro-Trump marcher Tim Morris of Northridge said he cringed when he saw the swastikas. “These guys don’t represent all of us,” he said.

But they are represented by the people you put into the White House, moron.

So Cal Twitter was working on finding one of the punching idiots because he was wearing his work hat. Not sure if they ever found him.

Last I heard from both KFI and KABC, that guy and several other anti protesters dressed in black who were assaulting Trump supporters were in fact identified and authorities have been alerted. I do expect these people will be charged fully. The organizer who was pepper sprayed was on KFI both before and after the rally and she helped identify at least 2 of her attackers to police.

norm9

Last I heard from both KFI and KABC, that guy and several other anti protesters dressed in black who were assaulting Trump supporters were in fact identified and authorities have been alerted. I do expect these people will be charged fully. The organizer who was pepper sprayed was on KFI both before and after the rally and she helped identify at least 2 of her attackers to police.

Lol. I was actually talking about a Trump supporter punching a journalist. But yeah, if you're punching anyone, you should be punished. Regardless of affiliation.

Chumly

Is it the same one in the video where the trump supporter is attacking people and they are clearly pepper spraying him to make him back off? The women unfortunately got pepper sprayed as well. There no way the pepper sprayers could be charged and actually convicted of a crime. That was clearly in self defense.

EYEL1NER

Damn, that guy in the MAGA hat and Declaration of Independence shirt getting punched in his stupid face is my new favorite picture. That would be a great album cover for a number of punk bands I can think of.
EDIT: Of course I don't think he deserves to be assaulted for simply being at a Trump rally and if they catch the guy who hit him, I am okay with him being charged with assault. Doesn't mean that I have to feel bad for the guy taking the punch to the face though.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
That one guy seems like hes agitating things a little too much. Given the history of the GOP trying to secure left-wing protesters to violence is it a stretch that theyd pay right-wing protesters to stir up shit? i dont know. Thats my gut instinct. Its entirely possible the dude is just a crazed true believer. Neither is scarier than the other because both examples exist in reality.

mj1108

Orange County is conservative...for California. It's mostly fiscally conservative since a lot of rich people live there. It's also a lot whiter than LA/SD. Basically it's a lot of rich white people. It's not really that socially conservative.

Glad you posted this. I was going to.

Saw this was posted on the 25th but not mentioned in the thread, sorry for the thread bump:

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/huntin...attack-on-anti-trump-protesters-press-7991623

So there is your counter narrative. It's definitely a slanted article, given its tone, but I thought it was worth reading considering the stink many outlets raised about what seemed on the surface a vicious attack by left wingers (that still pales in comparison to the abuse handed out by authorities towards protestors but whatever)

In before #fakenews.

Of course.

Video fucking evidence.

A whole bunch of violent cultists.

If something comes of this Russia stuff and he gets impeached, I'm concerned that this unbalanced trash will take to the streets.

Ernest

Banned
Wait, the OC is a republican place? That's kinda disappointing.
We're getting less "republican", as pointed out above, Hillary was the first Democrat to win OC since FDR in '36. Every year, we have more, for lack of a better term, young hipsters around. But only in certain parts of the county. A lot of it is still conservative families.

And this thing was in Huntington, which is where a majority of the nazi skinhead redneck asshole douchebags of the county reside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom