• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

GP Birmingham next week! I'm so pumped! I haven't been able to play paper Modern since October of last year, so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) two days of action.

Wulfric

LSV/Gaby, Jace in the running for best husbando, what the hell is going on in this thread? So this is what we talk about when there's no Pro Tour. >__<

Not feeling very confident about this Game Day tbh. Hopefully I can trade for the mat or something.

Santiako

Well, In an hour and half or so Grand Prix Minneapolis (Standard) and SCG Open Syracuse (Modern) start streaming so hopefully we move away from these bad topics.

3e3.jpg

Man got paired down in the last round of the gameday and couldn't draw into the top 8. Which I lost and because of low attendance didn't get a cat.

Curses. Last match I got flooded (5 lands in hand played 1 each turn) then won at 1 life and in the last game I got screwed with all but 1 of my expensive cards in hand.

Ashodin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";245462646]Tuned up my maindeck a little bit and added a Gonti into the sideboard.

sdfsdf49ktu.png

Expertise into Liliana is the jam.[/QUOTE]
Can confirm

Ayyyyyyyyy only eight people here, I made top 8!

Santiako

URx Control is really fucked come October without the manlands.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";245462646]Tuned up my maindeck a little bit and added a Gonti into the sideboard.

Expertise into Liliana is the jam.[/QUOTE]

You do love to durdle.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
No Haunted Dead. None of those decks are playing that anymore. It was Skaabs and Champion of Wits. The deck hasn't played Haunted Dead since Amonkhet came out.

Santiako

how do you bring Amalgam back without any of those cards or black mana? There's only the 3/4 blue flying zombies. Haunted Dead and Amalgam are the core of that deck

And the 3/1 flying zombies. The deck has never played Haunted Dead, maybe some bad version of it.

Santiako

alright, I'm thinking of an outdated version pre-AKH. They absolutely did play Haunted Dead, though

Even pre-AKH most versions were straight UR, some might have played Haunted Dead but it was definitely not the norm. Anyway, we are going in circles and it doesn't really matter :p

Repgnar

Just got back from Gamesday. Ended up going 2-1 to make it to top 4 where I promptly lost to the Green/Black counter deck that had just beat me in round 3. The MonoWhite Crested Sunmare deck was pretty solid. Even with a Solemnity on the board I couldn't deal with G/B and their planeswalkers. Had fun though with some crazy life totals, a ridiculous amount of horses down at one point, and some juicy Fumigates.

Tunoku

Game Day did not go well. I played a deck tuned for a normal meta and not a single person in the room played Ramunap Red. Also my ramp deck ended up losing to itself quite a lot, because I'd usually manage to stabilize without a threat in my hand. Maybe I should board differently and not cut as many Ulamogs in the aggro matchups and bring Thought-Knot Seer more often. The match against was fun though. Struggle to Survive was an MVP in that matchup. Didn't expect it to be good enough for Standard.

After the swiss I had some Sushi and saw Baby Driver, so had an alright day in the end. Now I'm considering whether to play in the Modern Open tomorrow. I'll probably just stay in bed and watch the Community Shield instead.

OnPoint

SCG Syracuse update: I'm out

I went 4-3. Honestly, I couldn't have done anything in my three losses. Burn and Affinity twice, literally both ran me over by turn 3, all 6 games. I often try to find where I could have done better in a loss, but this literally came down to deck construction.

That said, I was happy with how I played in my wins. Beat Shadow, Grixis Delver, Jund and Merfolk. The Crucible package was great... with Sanctum. Allowed me to grind out hard against Grixis and it's many answers. Figures I would prepare for Eldrazi Tron and never see it.

Justin

I did it guys!! I won a cat!!!...

By going 0-3, getting one bye (which apparently counts as a win) and having one of my losses be to the eventual winner!!!

It seems like the person who got the actual win vs the bye win should be placed higher but who am I to argue with the system?

I'm mainly just confused what the current situation is.
Though I guess it's good that this thread wasn't actually begging for adultery, like I was assuming before.

I've submitted a design for Begging for Adultery several times as a Red take control of creature until end of turn card, but they aren't having it.

Okay, maybe it's just the Feature Matches painting an overly-rosy picture, but Standard actually looks kind of rad now that Ramunap Red has been chased back to the hinterlands to scavenge for wins in filthy shame.

alright this is a card I'd actually love to see.

Code:
Understudy 3U

Creature - Shapeshifter

You may have Understudy enter the battlefield as a copy of any creature on the battlefield or in the commandzone.

0/0

But didn't LSV have a child around a year ago?
Naya Vargas. Supposedly he and his wife separated since giving birth to their child.
Important matter.

Which Shock to buy:
I pondered this issue myself when I found out my friend gave away all our copies of shock.

I settled on 7th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom