• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT12| Hour of Devastation - Hour of Jace getting dunked on

Status
Not open for further replies.
en_0HZOxu3e9R.png

This is going to be annoying as shit.

Calling it now. Bolas will kill one or all of the Gatewatch and Oketra will res them after he's gone as a last act before she dies.

Repgnar

Dunno why everyone is surprised with the randomness of the Invocations. They just said that they're going to be pulling it back because they can't keep the themed sets that initially was associated with em.

Dunno why everyone is surprised with the randomness of the Invocations. They just said that they're going to be pulling it back because they can't keep the themed sets that initially was associated with em.
they also sad they started with instants and sorceries but look at what we've got and say there's not about a dozen left out

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The entire cycle of those don't untap sorceries are going to be completely unplayable jank because the restriction is fundamentally jank.

Justin

Look forward to the first time someone excitedly uses the white one in commander then spends the next two turns getting attacked by the three other players.

Repgnar

they also sad they started with instants and sorceries but look at what we've got and say there's not about a dozen left out

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/159008681048/what-is-the-theme-of-the-amonkhet-invocations

You talking about that? There's 4-5 left and some people are thinking the last 2 Gods will be taking two of those spots as well. Sounds like they wanted to initially do Instants/Sorceries but just weren't able to make it work and Maro acknowledged that.

We know all of them as far as I am aware just don't have the cards yet for the missing 2 gods.

They didn't even put an earthquake variant or hurricane into the set for that matter.

How does this work with something like Rhox Faithmender?

When a spell or ability tells you to set your life total to an amount, you're actually gaining (or losing in some cases) the required amount of life. So for this, you figure out how much life you'd need to gain in order to get to your starting life total, then double that and gain that much life instead.

At least I think that's how it used to work. I'm only like 80% sure on this.

ultron87

With current rules it'll double it, assuming your life total is increasing. Faithmender has a ruling specifically on this:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=279987

7/1/2012 If an effect sets your life total to a specific number, and that number is higher than your current life total, the effect will cause you to gain life equal to the difference. Rhox Faithmender will then double that number. For example, if you have 3 life and an effect says that your life total ”becomes 10," your life total will actually become 17.

Santiako

I'd assume it doesn't. It just says your life total becomes equal to your starting amount, not that you gain enough life to equal your starting amount.

Could be wrong though.

You gain twice as much.

Resolute Archangel has the same text and one of the rulings is
If your life total is less than your starting life total, you actually gain the appropriate amount of life. Other effects that interact with life gain will interact with Resolute Archangel’s ability accordingly.

It can't ramp, can't easily draw cards, doesn't have good responses to blue shenanigans, and is almost always combat/direct damage focused. I wish they would give me something other to do than swing because that rarely wins games in EDH, atleast in my group.
If you want to target blue. Red is the colour to do so. You can really fuck blue mages up with pyro and red elemental blast.

Zocano

Feel like they could do this for the red one:

Hazoret's Last Fury
R
Hazoret's Last Fury deals 4 damage to target creature or player. Lands you control don't untap during your next untap step.

Tunoku

Automatic 4 of in any Burn deck. That's an INSANE turn 1 play.

I don't like it as a turn one play. I'd rather go with a one-drop turn 1, then two mana spells, and finish them off with multiple one mana spells like spike and that hypothetical card. But yeah, that would be pretty nuts.
And is not happening.

Zocano

Obviously too playable an instant nowadays but I can dream.

It would totally be that but RR and sorcery speed or some shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I find it amusing you can kill Nicol Bolas with Liliana's Defeat.

It could be Origins 2 Ajani flipwalker :D
:Nods approvingly:

I mean, Jazzal was mono white, and it has to be a plane with Leonin..

Incoming GW Brimaz?

I just really like the design of Exert outside of solely combat scenarios. I could see some sort of Blue "Draw 3, Discard 2 unless X" with Exert.

DrArchon

Wow, that lion is nutty in limited. Talk about clogging up the board.

God, I'm gonna have to face someone in draft that lucks out and gets this and Regal Caracal in one deck, aren't I?

OnPoint

:Nods approvingly:

I mean, Jazzal was mono white, and it has to be a plane with Leonin..

Incoming GW Brimaz?

I just really like the design of Exert outside of solely combat scenarios. I could see some sort of Blue "Draw 3, Discard 2 unless X" with Exert.

Would love this for my fabled but not yet created Lion King deck. No good or fitting GW legends to put in as the commander :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom