• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major PS4 System Software Update v2.0 Available NOW

I suppose you missed the part of my post where I asked about situations where both players own the game.

I never once suggested it was about p2 getting free games.

Nah, I saw it, but the thing is that technology is based on player two playing in player one's game on player one's console. Regardless of whether both players own the game, player two is not actually playing on their account on their game.. They're effectively just an offline guest account on player one's console. That's how it works.

So the system simply can't allow for player two to unlock trophies at all, by design, and it never will. Of course, there's nothing to stop you playing Towerfall for an hour and then the other person streaming it for the next hour and you'll both get trophies that way, since you both own the game. It'll just take twice as long.

Cock of War

what game was that again?

Lol my bad :p

Anyways it was Super Rub 'a' Dub (lol)

Super_Rub_a_Dub.png

Good times. Good times. I also remember having to send messages to people entirely in the subject bar because you had to exit the game to view it.
Holy shit this. I got good at shorthand because of that alone. Jesus nobody knows those feels except people who got there pre in game xmb.

Man who remembers playing resistance 1 multi-player and all talking was tactical chatter about enemy positions? Rainbow Six Vegas had this too. Damn I miss that.

It's 28th Oct 10:30am in my part of the world. I'm at work and my PS4 is disconnected. So Sony can delay the update by a day or a week, won't matter much to me, will give me time to complete games on PS3

aember

Holy shit this. I got good at shorthand because of that alone. Jesus nobody knows those feels except people who got there pre in game xmb.

I got a PS3 in Summer 2013 and I'm already a god at writing message just in the subject bar. Best last gen feature ever!

ExoSoul

Banned
Only the host gets trophies.

That sucks, that's the whole reason I wanted share play. So that I could play couch co-op games with overseas friends and since we both had the games we'd both get the trophies.

I mean it makes sense if the guest doesn't have the game but if he has why not count what he does in game?

Tratorn

That sucks, that's the whole reason I wanted share play. So that I could play couch co-op games with overseas friends and since we both had the games we'd both get the trophies.

I mean it makes sense if the guest doesn't have the game but if he has why not count what he does in game?

Because you're practically using the hosts PS4 to play, not yours. So you're using the accounts that are available on his PS4.

Maybe for coop it could be possible that to use your own account if you have set it up on the hosts PS4, but I'm not sure. Could be that they use a "guest" profile by default.

As I said, when you use this feature as player two, you're not actually playing the game on your account. You're signed in to player one's console as a guest, and so of course that means no trophies.

If you want to both earn trophies you need to go back to pestering the developer to include online play like they should have done in the first place. Or just take it in turns streaming to the other person so you both unlock trophies as the host account.

bombshell

As I said, when you use this feature as player two, you're not actually playing the game on your account. You're signed in to player one's console as a guest, and so of course that means no trophies.

If you want to both earn trophies you need to go back to pestering the developer to include online play like they should have done in the first place. Or just take it in turns streaming to the other person so you both unlock trophies as the host account.

But the PS4 already supports that player 2 can sign in with his own account and both players earn trophies on their respective accounts when playing local co-op.

I guess it's just a limitation they've put on Share Play that the guest can only play as the default guest account.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Good times. Good times. I also remember having to send messages to people entirely in the subject bar because you had to exit the game to view it.
Resistance 1 got an amazing hackjob in-game XMB patch where you could access exclusively only the righthand Messaging and Friends tabs so you could at least send mails exclusively through the subject bar.
It will work as well as Remote Play. It's all going to comedown to distance. Someone on the otherside of the world is, likely, not going to have a good experience with it, but that's not different from remote play.
Remember when the store used to be a static web page and there was no background downloading? Pausing downloads? You bloody had to wait for it to finish!
I tried PSP Remote Play... You could play that Poker game. And use DLNA. Dats about it.

Holy crap. That massive assive Motorstorm demo. It's still at the bottom of my download list as the first thing I ever downloaded. Hell, the first game I ever bought digitally was flOw. The people of today don't know horribly shitty beginning OS like the Launch PS3. Honestly, Oblivion and the Warhawk Beta were the only things that saved that year for me. And Qore.

PlayStation® App is updated for iPhone and iPad.
What's New in Version 2.0.7
- The home screen has been redesigned.
- Tablet layout is now supported.
- [Players You May Know] will now appear on your Friends list.
- You can now create a link for your Friend request and share it with other people.
- You can now search for other players using their real names.

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

screen568x568.jpeg

But the PS4 already supports that player 2 can sign in with his own account and both players earn trophies on their respective accounts when playing local co-op.

I guess it's just a limitation they've put on Share Play that the guest can only play as the default guest account.

Yeah, it's a limitation specifically because this feature is not really designed to "share" games, despite the name of the feature, it's just to let you play in someone else's game. If the limitation wasn't there, your friend could just watch as you play through entire $60 games which will obviously hurt sales pretty badly.

I mean, I guess people still could do that if they wanted, but Sony must be hoping that the draw of unlocking trophies is enough to get people to buy their own games.

Famassu

RPGs? What RPGs?
Lords of the Fallen, Shadow of Mordor, Dragon Age Inquisition, Pier Solar HD, Diablo 3, Destiny.. September-November will have been a pretty good few months for fans of RPGs, not to forget stuff like FFXIV ARR that were released earlier in the year.

Famassu

Most games have online multiplayers, so I'm not sure why you'd even need Shareplay if you both have the game. It sucks for the few games that don't, but those are a minority.

Famassu

Fixed.

Though it looks like they've finally broken out of that rut with SO.

Anyway killing time watching streams.

No, ruined more like. A Crack in Time & Resistance 3 were released in 2009 & 2011, respectively. A Crack in Time is (one of) the best R&C game(s) and one of the best games of the generation and Resistance 3 was a big improvement over R2 (and I personally much preferred it over R1, but I can understand if not all did).

You can still get trophies but it will take you twice as long. They can host a shareplay and you can help them get the trophies and then they can do the same for you.

Toki767

Did anyone else try creating a link for that thing where people can add you on PSN easier? It seems like it uses your real name in the link.

No, ruined more like. A Crack in Time & Resistance 3 were released in 2009 & 2011, respectively. A Crack in Time is (one of) the best R&C game(s) and one of the best games of the generation and Resistance 3 was a big improvement over R2 (and I personally much preferred it over R1, but I can understand if not all did).
Oh yeah I forgot about aCiT. Great game - shame about the following R&C games, though.

And yeah Im one of those that prefer the original Resistance to the sequels. :p

Top Bottom