• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

MDSLKTR

My man Niel I'm not one to judge taste in women but why tf would you think we'd want to play as this thing for half the game?
pUZuv7y.png
I've seen that scene in uncharted 4 already.
Probably gonna fist him with the golf stick because fuck the character everybody loved, right?
This is why every employee ran away to the initiative.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Joel gets killed by a woman and people scream SJW. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

She has to kill him if it's about the cycle of violence and you play as her later in the game. Think people are too sensitive and are really to cry SJW propaganda.

Anyways...

I think it's a bad idea to kill off Ellie. People were expecting to see Joel die, but not Ellie.

So...

Ellie rips into Joel for saving her life, cucks Jesse, raises his kid after he dies trying to help the woman who cucked him save the woman who cheated on him, and Joel gets killed off apparently before the halfway point of the game?

lol wow. What a way to tank a franchise and kill the likability of your lead.

Saved me $60 tho.

Mochilador

Joel gets killed by a woman and people scream SJW. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

She has to kill him if it's about the cycle of violence and you play as her later in the game. Think people are too sensitive and are really to cry SJW propaganda.

Anyways...

I think it's a bad idea to kill off Ellie. People were expecting to see Joel die, but not Ellie.
I think it's awesome and a nice way to end the series.

Mochilador

So...

Ellie rips into Joel for saving her life, cucks Jesse, raises his kid after he dies trying to help the woman who cucked him save the woman who cheated on him, and Joel gets killed off apparently before the halfway point of the game?

Saved me $60 tho.
I don't think Ellie raises his kid. She apparently dies at the end. Dina is left alone, still pregnant.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
For those of you wanting to play the game don't worry.

Tomorrow at 10:00 am.

Hello gamers, we at Sony and Naughty Dog are pleased to announce The Last of Us 2 is now on course for release. Forget all about the stuff we said a few weeks ago about delays due to disc pressing, logistics and coronavirus messing up our release.

Pre-Orders start up again NOW. If fact, the game is now scheduled to come out in a week.

PS: Uhhhh..... if you're a gamer and haven't already done so, please do not log into Twitch, Reddit, 4Chan, game sites or message boards until you have fully paid off the game. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
Lol the story is cringey as fuck. Just more garbage writers that think defying expectations equals good writing. Mind it's still better than going back in time to try and pretend we didn't fuck up the entire franchise bad.

McCheese

So...

Saved me $60 tho.

the lead kills Joel at the start then Ellie towards the second half of the game.

Fake

Oh come on. Why are people acting like TLOU was some sort of kiddie mascot game built around "lovable" characters?

Box cover maybe? lmao. Imagine Uncharted Lost Legacy box cover using Nathan Drake, but you play as Chloe.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
This just seems like the epitome of:

(Shoot shoot bang bang gun guns)

Cutscene begins:

(Introspective indie art film drama)

The contrast at this point, is just hilarious. It seems to be the only way a lot of developers know how to make a game.

Edit: We’ll see how this game turns out. I’m mostly commenting on a wider trend.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
the lead kills Joel at the start then Ellie towards the second half of the game.
Sounds like this

1. Abby kills Joel early in the game
2. Take control of Ellie (looks like she'll escape) and go for revenge
3. Soap opera love triangle between Ellie, Dina and Chinese guy
4. You eventually regroup and then search for Abby and her gang..... CUT to Abby

5. Abby cut scenes of Dr. Dad getting killed by Joel
6. Joel and Ellie PR'ed like murderous thugs, making Abby look like a good guy
7. Search for Ellie
8. Big final fight clash. Abby wins
9. Abby, Dina and Chinese guy (Dina's ex) all live
10. Dina is pregnant, so that will lead to TLoU 3 set 10-15 years in the future when the kid is old enough to do something. The kid is basically the new Ellie as teenage side kick with Dina and Chinese guy and kid all being insecure in their own way. They learn to grow off each other making it one big happy family

Sounds like this

1. Abby kills Joel early in the game
2. Take control of Ellie (looks like she'll escape) and go for revenge
3. Soap opera love triangle between Ellie, Dina and Chinese guy
4. You eventually regroup and then search for Abby and her gang..... CUT to Abby

5. Abby cut scenes of Dr. Dad getting killed by Joel
6. Joel and Ellie PR'ed like murderous thugs, making Abby look like a good guy
7. Search for Ellie
8. Big final fight clash. Abby wins
9. Abby, Dina and Chinese guy (Dina's ex) all live
10. Dina is pregnant, so that will lead to TLoU 3 set 10-15 years in the future when the kid is old enough to do something. The kid is basically the new Ellie as teenage side kick with Dina and Chinese guy and kid all being insecure in their own way. They learn to grow off each other making it one big happy family
Die with Joel before the middle of the game...

Mochilador

Okay, some interesting info regarding the final boss, provided by the YT guy:
The women is not the final boss, she isn't even an enemy. The final boss is the black guy in the last trailer
What the hell?

More leaks Jesus I think someone has the game based on the comments here

How are y'all finding these so damn quick? :LOL: Or am I just being that lazy on a Sunday night?

The women is not the final boss, she isn't even an enemy. The final boss is the black guy in the last trailer
What the hell?

Well at least that'd be a change of pace. But I have zero recollection who was in what trailer or what their role was in there :S

Last edited:

Fake

What do you think about this - Will Neil Druckmann be let go by Sony after this whole fiasco?
Mix bag for me. At the same time I find horrible killing the stars of the franchise, making both death will be the biggest plot twist of the series (imagine fight between #teamJoel vs #teamEllie). Can't say about the 'fiasco' case, but will get much fans offguard like me.

IMO was one of the reasons the dev leaked. I spoke in the threads a few pages ago.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
What the hell?
The wheels of fate are turning. We'll see how this goes. There's no evidence yet of them killing Ellie but never say never. I'm not.

Athena~

Banned
FUCKING BULLSHIT THEY ARE DOING THIS TO ELLIE U CAN DESTROY NATE AND JOEL ALL U WANT BUT NOT ELLIE UNTOUCHABLE THE BOXART AND FIGURE FOR NOTHING NO WONDER SHES SO ANGRY BECAUSE UR A COMPLETE HACK NEIL ND AND SONY

Gameplay was a complete disaster in the first game and was just a Resident Evil wannable. walking simulator with just 3 different types of enemies. repeat the same battle over and over again like random battles in a throwaway jrpg. Ellie was the only saving grace and that's the way you treat her???!! SERIOUSLY?!? WHAT GARBAGE DUMPSTER FIRE! YOU CAN KEEP UR GAME.

Everything that I've done. It can't be for nothing.
Ellie is the little girl... that BROKE YOUR FUCKING FINGER!!!
HEY FUCKFACE

giphy.gif

FUCK YOU NEIL AND ND you chicken shit

i'm done with you

Cato

Banned
Day One Purchase!

This will be glorious. It has something to make everyone lose their shits and go full retard.
* Anti-SJWs will go mental because "lgbt shitshow"
* Lesbians will go mental because "of course they brutally murder all the lesbians. Of course."
* SJW will go mental because "reinforces harmful stereotypes of m2f trans people hating all lesbians and wanting to kill them".

It will be glorious.
The wars on twitter, youtube, you name it.
Reviewbombings.
Kotaku, Polygon, Waypoint, ... all refusing to even review the game but instead write long posts about why they will not review the game.

The shitshow will be glorious!
And everyone else will be "pretty ok game, not as good as the first game but still pretty ok."

Top Bottom