• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man begs wife's forgiveness in $17,000 ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
JACKSONVILLE, Florida (AP) -- When five dozen roses didn't work, an estranged husband took out a full-page newspaper ad to ask his wife for forgiveness.

"Please believe the words in my letter, they are true and from my heart," read the ad in Tuesday's edition of The Florida Times-Union. "I can only hope you will give me the chance to prove my unending love for you. Life without you is empty and meaningless."

Larry, who declined to give his last name, sent the $17,000 apology to Marianne, his wife of 17 years. She left him almost two weeks ago, he said.

"It was a culmination of things," he told the newspaper. "But I am desperately trying to save our marriage."

Larry, who lives in Orlando, said his wife is staying with her parents near Jacksonville. But they blocked him from entering their gated community and she changed her cell phone number so he can't contact her.

A relative told him that Marianne saw the advertisement.

"She said my wife read the ad and started crying. But so far I've had no response from her," Larry said.

But the ad drew the attention of many other readers, who contacted the paper.

"They want to know if she has responded and if they have worked things out," said Jay Weimar, director of display advertising. "We tell them we are pulling for him."

SKluck

Banned
Wouldn't it be funny if he beat her and everyone is "pulling" for them to get back together like he's actually a really good guy?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Cyan said:
Relationship problems? Hey, just throw money at it!

g_bryant_ft.jpg

"Worked for me"

ToxicAdam

17k is nothing compared to the cost of legal fees and alimony payments for the next umpteen years.

I would call that a wise investment (if it works).

NLB2

Banned
ToxicAdam said:
17k is nothing compared to the cost of legal fees and alimony payments for the next umpteen years.

I would call that a wise investment (if it works).
BUT ITS NOT A WISE INVESTMENT! NO COCKY/FUNNY = NO WOMAN!

Phoenix

Might have worked better to actually give HER the 17K in the form of a giant pile of 1's or a diamond, or anything!

Phoenix said:
Might have worked better to actually give HER the 17K in the form of a giant pile of 1's or a diamond, or anything!
but its still a desperate move (but might have worked better of course yes). Chance I dont make that amount of money to spend it in a newspaper ad.

Sp3eD said:
Full page ads cost $17,000?

and that is for a smaller city... what if she went to New York?

damn...

Is there a site to look up info on newspaper advertising prices?
I know that info must be out there someplace

Shinobi

open_mouth_ said:
g_bryant_ft.jpg

"Worked for me"

:lol :lol :lol

I think his thinking is that buying a full page ad is a public bearing of the soul of sorts, which some women might value. Plus it's a pretty unique way of trying to win someone back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom