• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man visits Indian refugee slum, starts donation drive.

I've been following Mr Bald for a few weeks now. He's one of the most genuine fellows when it comes to travel vlogs and makes an active effort to learn the language and participate in everything around him.

He came across a camp of Pakistani Hindu refugees, who were promised support by the Indian government but that support never came. They are living next to a sewage pipe, and that's the water they use to wash themselves and their utensils/clothes. The kids and women are already diseased.

He's started a charity fund to try and buy these people provisions, better accommodations or bring them the basic necessities of life at least. If you like directly supporting people this is that one chance. No bullshit mega-charity corp here. Most/all of your funds will make it to these people. Mr Bald seems like a trustworthy fellow. As a former child refugee myself this touched me, so I felt it was appropriate to share his gofundme page. To put things into perspective, an Indian meal can cost as little as 20 cents.

Gofundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/raising-money-for-hindu-refugees-in-delhi

Mod Edit: This fundraiser has already met it's goal and is no longer accepting donations. Due to abuse in the past, posting these threads is prohibited. Being that this one has been completed already however, I see no reason we can't all just be happy that these people should be getting some much needed help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
And these funds will go to Christian NGOs who will fund the Naxals. Has anyone even cared who they are funding ?

Mohonky

He's talking about the government doing more, but really, India is such a poor country (though of course you get the mega rich outliers) I don't really see how the government can really anything when even the locals live in similar poverty.

Look around and there is all sorts of horrors in many places, unfortunately these peoples plight is no better or worse than that of so many others.

Last edited:
And these funds will go to Christian NGOs who will fund the Naxals. Has anyone even cared who they are funding ?

He's not going to give this money to ngo's, but will use it personally to buy them provisions such as water sanitizers, clothes, bikes, scissors, knives, cutlery, solar lights, jugs, etc. That's why he was only looking for 1,000 pounds. That buys you so much in indian markets. He even closed the campaign because he's scared he will get nabbed by the government as he easily passed 3,000 pounds in just one day. Private tourists are not allowed to conduct charity drives abroad. NGO's are scammers, of course he isn't going to go through one of those.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Great of him to help these people in need. Hindus are heavily persecuted in Pakistan by the taliban and other islamist groups. I feel for them.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
He's not going to give this money to ngo's, but will use it personally to buy them provisions such as water sanitizers, clothes, bikes, scissors, knives, cutlery, solar lights, jugs, etc. That's why he was only looking for 1,000 pounds. That buys you so much in indian markets. He even closed the campaign because he's scared he will get nabbed by the government as he easily passed 3,000 pounds in just one day. Private tourists are not allowed to conduct charity drives abroad. NGO's are scammers, of course he isn't going to go through one of those.
There is no way to donate to the govt of India, they dont accept aids since 2004, so it goes to some NGO.
https://www.businessinsider.in/here...d-accept-foreign-aid/articleshow/65525821.cms
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...reign-aid-for-kerala/articleshow/65494943.cms

I'm glad he stopped the donation to an amount he can handle. He says he can only carry <$10,000 in cash out of Britain, so this is below that, safe for him to move to India. If he were to try and move it electronically, the banks would take a substantial portion, as Indian banks don't play nice with foreign bank accounts.

Top Bottom