• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man was not meant to eat hot food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chopstck203984chindogu.jpg

Aadil

Banned
There's this thing called patience. Try it out, or just blow on your food before you put it in your mouth.

Alternatively, man up.

dejay

Banned
Go suck on an ice cube OP, you fail at life.

I've been there, but hot food is just too nice to nibble on raw greens and such

ektoll

I do wonder how people can handle soup. I wait at least 15 minutes before I can eat a bowl of chilli or spilt pea soup.

I do the same OP, I really hate burning myself, so once my meal is cooked, I just look upon it with a noble pose for that fire to die, and once it is ashes, then it has my permission to be eaten.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Nothing worse than burning your mouth on your first slice of pizza. Fucking ruins the rest of the meal.

I need patience

magicstop

If you could extend your first post into a book, OP, you could start a new diet craze and get shit-rich, really quick. If you do, please consider sending me 30% as thanks for the brilliant idea!
Also, fuck a burned mouth. Shit sucks.

Drazgul

If you could extend your first post into a book, OP, you could start a new diet craze and get shit-rich, really quick. If you do, please consider sending me 30% as thanks for the brilliant idea!
Also, fuck a burned mouth. Shit sucks.

I'd be surprised if it hasn't been done yet. There's a book for every other gimmick out there, after all.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Am I the only one who had no trouble when I got burned? I mean, sure it's a bit painful but it's easily salved later.

coldvein

Banned
Nothing worse than burning your mouth on your first slice of pizza. Fucking ruins the rest of the meal.

I need patience

so true. whenever i cook a pizza i usually let it sit for five minutes so i can just go to town without fear of mouth burns.

McLovin

man was not meant to eat cold foods.
It hurts your teeth n stuff.
i ate some ice cream really fast and got brain freeze

You should have learnt how to eat properly as a child, if you haven't managed to work out when food is going to burn your mouth yet, what is wrong with you?

akira28

Someone needs to take out the OP's thread making capabilities. Can we get a redline date and a coalition of the willing?

"think about it"? Really? I mean...there are more than a few academic papers and articles actually citing man's conquering of fire, and new ability to eat cooked food as being part of what helped us evolve into intelligent modern humans.

Also how the fuck do you burn yourself on a cheeseburger? I could see if it was french fries, but a burger? Damn.gif.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My grandfather used to always take his food scalding hot. Coffee, tea, everything scalding hot. He wouldn't even eat his dinner if the plate wasn't steaming hot, and even then he'd still put it in the microwave to heat it up more.

Grandfather, I understand you like hot food. And my question is, not one of tolerance, but how does this not cause tissue damage? I've eaten hot slices of pizza that burned the skin off the roof of my mouth... for days little pieces of skin would be hanging there at the point of contact. How is this not your everyday state of being?

I actually never asked him. But I wonder to this day how he could take his food and drink so hot.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Man wasn't meant to do a lot of things. Thank goodness we've been able to surpass our inherent limitations.

Also, what's wrong with you?

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can't remember the last time I burned my palate. I learned to not do that when I was little I think.

Log4Girlz

My grandfather used to always take his food scalding hot. Coffee, tea, everything scalding hot. He wouldn't even eat his dinner if the plate wasn't steaming hot, and even then he'd still put it in the microwave to heat it up more.

Grandfather, I understand you like hot food. And my question is, not one of tolerance, but how does this not cause tissue damage? I've eaten hot slices of pizza that burned the skin off the roof of my mouth... for days little pieces of skin would be hanging there at the point of contact. How is this not your everyday state of being?

I actually never asked him. But I wonder to this day how he could take his food and drink so hot.

Have you ever considered that perhaps he was a demon?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't remember the last time I burned my palate. I learned to not do that when I was little I think.

Hot pizza still gets me sometimes...

Have you ever considered that perhaps he was a demon?

Lol... never considered this, since he was too nice and generous a man to be a demon. Unless demons can be the best people you know.

Shambles

Think about it, you have a freezing cold popsicle or ice cream, you puff air to warm up your tongue after putting it in your mouth, and what happens? your teeth hurt, you get a headache. You eat something as slowly as possible to let your mouth warm up, you know this is going to wreck the next ten seconds of your life because it fells like you swallowed liquid nitrogen.

Man was meant to eat warm food. Warm Pizza for life!!!]

The rebuttal!

One time I got some hot chocolate and man it was delicious, I could tell this even from the first few careful sips. Soon overcome with lust and greed though, I wanted to have the whipped cream on top. All of it. My momentary sins caused me to gulp up all the whipped cream at once, my madness blinded me to what was underneath the white heaven, chocolate hell. The waves splashed into my mouth and down my throat like a baptism of pain and remorse. I couldn't handle it, the cocoa lava scathed my inner throat to a pain I can only begin to describe. And as tears fell from my eyes and I took a seat, as my legs had collapsed from under me, I knew one thing, I had gone where God forbade man to go. I know my place now, as I am sure OP knows his.
I love this post.

GloveSlap

Cooking food definitely has some drawbacks. It reduces the nutrition of the food in many cases, and can also turn a food carcinogenic if its cooked too fast or too long.

Zaphod

Blowing on a spoon full of hot soup will not aid in its cooling, just having it in the spoon will cool the most it can.

The flowrate of the air over the soup will most definitely aid in the cooling. There is a reason cars have fans on their radiators.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
I believe the wheel was worse. Do you know how few car accidents we would have without the wheel? At least with fire, it's pretty. A car crash is not pretty.

I'd say the wheel's more of an invention than a discovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom