• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manchester United in bidding war with Fnatic over Overwatch team

I don't understand how one of the biggest sports clubs in the world is in a bidding war with an e-sports org.

The only team I feel like it could be is Luminosity since there hasn't been any meaningful tournaments to warrant a bidding war. LG has Seagull who has become one of the more popular streamers so that exposure would be worth it
e-sports is gaining a huge amount of audience and manu wants to sell more overpriced jerseys.

Baleoce

My mind is blown purely from the headline. The first thing that springs to mind is, sponsoring by these teams-turned global franchises is amazing, and it's funny how these things come around. I'd love to see actual e-sports tournaments being held at the likes of Old Trafford.

spekkeh

Banned
We move into interesting times. Interesting times indeed.
aIcu22rFw2nw.840x0.Vdef9Kkm.jpg

409.gif

Vostro

I mainly watch CSGO competitive scene but that's insane that the biggest football club in the world is interested in buying an Overwatch team. It shows that esports keeps on growing and they want to be part of it.

FStop7

Banned
There's some kind of a private school in my office building. I saw one of the students had on a Team Liquid jersey. It looked a lot like a soccer jersey. I really wanted to ask him if he was wearing it because he was connected to the team or just a fan. Because if he's only a fan and things are progressing to the point where high schoolers in the USA are wearing e-sports team jerseys then it's time to start investing.

Top Bottom