• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleach 543
tumblr_mp04gdqp8Z1qbxqfpo2_250.png
tumblr_mp04gdqp8Z1qbxqfpo1_250.png

I think they did Bazz-b personality better, I laughed. Anyway, Cang du reminds me of someone from another manga for some reason, I just cant put my finger on it. Bazz-b is my favorite of the new characters, hope he won't be off'd off panel or forgotten just as fast as Shishigawara was. The rest one looks like a healthy version of Aizen with the curl even, and a few others feel like different takes on the other already used character designs :( I think Kubo is losing his creative touch now.

After rewatching the first 20 episodes of Bleach yet again, it is good to see Ishida be front and center and relevant once again in the manga now.

Gradivus

One Piece

I'm not up to date with the variety of english translations, so what's a celestial dragon again? These old guys that lead the world gov?

Do you remember those super rich people buying the slaves back on sabaody park arc? Those are some of the celestial dragons

Do you remember those super rich people buying the slaves back on sabaody park arc? Those are some of the celestial dragons

Wasn't it usual to keep the Japanese term for these? I don't think I've ever read anything close to ,,celestial dragon''.
Even in the official translations in my country they eventually go back and forth between the Japanese term nowadays. (Goddamn inconsistency everywhere, I fucking hate it :/)

Kurita

Wasn't it usual to keep the Japanese term for these? I don't think I've ever read anything close to ,,celestial dragon''.
Even in the official translations in my country they eventually go back and forth between the Japanese term nowadays. (Goddamn inconsistency everywhere, I fucking hate it :/)

They are the World Nobles. That's how they're usually called IIRC

EDIT : or are they? Huh, I don't even know anymore.

dumbyugi

Celestial Dragon is the official English translation of Tenryubito.

Gradivus

To tell you the truth, I find myself referring to either world nobles or celestial dragons during different discussions due to the inconsistency as well.

I'm pretty sure the reason that Uryu is even with Juha Bach is that he actually killed his father and took his powers.The same way Bach did to all the "unclean"Quincy.

KingJ2002

Bleach:

Nice introduction. Surprised to see those Quincy there that were burnt to a crisp by old man yama.

Random: An Uuryu / Ichigo clash seems inevitable at this point... similar to Naruto / Sasuke... except less emo.

Naruto:

Obito was used! not surprised lol... I always knew he was fodder from the start... now the fun begins. How do you stop an immortal 10 tails host?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Naruto: F?

Is that really it? What? Kakashi is stronger than Obito how now? I still have a hard time believing a young brat Obito could outbattle (even in a short period) the battle tested and war-experienced Minato in a fight that could cost him his life. And now Kakashi can beat him? Wut.

Obito, a horrible character

Bleach: B

URYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ya'll really think the dude that murdered Uryu's mom [and everyone else] for his own revival/power, came to SS to talk to Aizen of all people, knew of the Zero Squad's arrival, fought and survived against Prime-Yamamoto, and killed Old Man Yama doesn't at least know Uryu is up to more than just becoming the sucessor? Which is fucking awesome by the way.

Jugo is a cool bro. If ol' boy Bazz B went to go talk to Bach he would've gotten murked. Interesting shit.

"This man's strength will be made known to you all in the coming battles."

Bad. Ass.

Is that really it? What? Kakashi is stronger than Obito how now? I still have a hard time believing a young brat Obito could outbattle (even in a short period) the battle tested and war-experienced Minato in a fight that could cost him his life. And now Kakashi can beat him? Wut.

Bleach: B

URYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ya'll really think the dude that murdered Uryu's mom [and everyone else] for his own revival/power, came to SS to talk to Aizen of all people, knew of the Zero Squad's arrival, fought and survived against Prime-Yamamoto, and killed Old Man Yama doesn't at least know Uryu is up to more than just becoming the sucessor? Which is fucking awesome by the way.

Jugo is a cool bro. If ol' boy Bazz B went to go talk to Bach he would've gotten murked. Interesting shit.

"This man's strength will be made known to you all in the coming battles."

Bad. Ass.

Uryuu will waste him and then everyone will rally behind him.

Naruto
Well that takes care of one of the fights .
Obito looks like he going to die rather useless .

Bleach
Introduction of the bad guys and hopefully Uryu has something planed .

One Piece
Sanji stupid ways came in handy for once .
Law is fucked and Vergo words did come to past .
Next week should be Luffy fighting lets see what happens there .

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Naruto
lol how Kakashi can be as powerful as Obito? It's a Dragon Ball level incoherence

Naw, I don't really have the problem with this that people are seeming to have. As was noted, they're in the Kamui dimension, so Obito's only trick is rendered null and void. When has he EVER done anything in ANY fight that wasn't based 100% around that one trick? He'd have had zero chance against Minato without it, and he still got curbstomped there in the end. His whole strategy is "take hits, cause he can." Meanwhile, Kakashi has trained his entire life with a million techniques against a million foes. He's no bitch.

Yeah, Obito has the rinnegan now, but... so what? I wouldn't be surprised if he was unable to even use half it's abilities, since they were all so summon-dependent, and he's in this weirdo dimension. Though even the other paths, would they really have availed him much in this fight? Besides, they kind of just agreed "fuck it, let's just fist fight this shit" before the fight. With it mirroring their fight as kids, they were each probably just trying to prove to the other that they could win in that fashion. There were no Rinnegan hax, but Kakashi wasn't using any techniques beyond "put some chakra in this kunai" either.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Meanwhile, Kakashi has trained his entire life with a million techniques against a million foes. He's no bitch.
Hospitalized for days from seeing Itachi's Eyes.

Could hardly beat Itachi who turned out to be using a "30% clone" /trollface

Need Naruto to finish off an Akatsuki? We srs.

Die against (one) Pain but dont worry he'll bring you back!

You Hokage! Just Kidding DANZO HOKAGE!

Sasuke is terribly weakened! Here's your chance to enforce dominance! Oh wait, one arrow, chakra gone, whymesad?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Hospitalized for days from seeing Itachi's Eyes.

Could hardly beat Itachi who turned out to be using a "30% clone" /trollface

Need Naruto to finish off an Akatsuki? We srs.

Die against (one) Pain but dont worry he'll bring you back!

You Hokage! Just Kidding DANZO HOKAGE!

Sasuke is terribly weakened! Here's your chance to enforce dominance! Oh wait, one arrow, chakra gone, whymesad?

Using Kamui ruins him, but again, they're in a place where Kamui is off the table. And based on that fight they had, everything was off the table. It was just a taijutsu fight. And he's plenty excellent at that. (edit: well I guess there was a fireball in there. "oh boy")

I loved that the final hit there used the three-angle shot, that's been a Naruto trademark for tons of big things, but I haven't seen Kishi use it in ages.

So the Doflamingo hints from way back when he was introduced finally seems like its coming together now, this guy is one slimy mother fucker I guess the title joker suits him better than anyone else in this series.

Also all hail Sanji and is ridiculous ideals!

Kreed

One Piece 712:

And the "beefing up" of Doflamingo continues. But at least this provides for better story telling vs "late power upgrades" to create artificial "more powerful opponent" progression. Hopefully we will stick to Law/Robin and Ussop's story next chapter vs switching to Luffy's or at least get equal time between stories. Of course there's still Franky and the attack on the Straw Hat's ship coming up, but I'd rather not go back to Law's story only to see him beaten up or something.

Chapter itself was good though, if only for the reveal in new info.

Bleach 543:

Not really seeing the point in doing character introductions to hype people up when we've already seen these guys own the Soul Society captains earlier. Nothing more to say on this chapter, hoping next chapter will have some real story progress.

Minato bent his knees to the Nine Tails, not Obito. Kakashi knows his habits, and how his one gimmick works. Not a fair complaint.

PK Gaming

Big 3

Hated all 3 chapters.

Naruto: Obito picks a fight with kakashi he clearly should have won, loses (how? kakashi's resolve? don't make me laugh) and gets foddered by madara.

One Piece: In a cool twist, the girl that Sanji saved ended up being evil, but in typical one Piece fashion Sanji manages to get through to her with some bs, and she immediately decides to help him. At least the later half was decent. Seriously, Oda goes out of his way to make Sanji and unlikable character when it comes to his interaction with female characters, they're always dreadful.

Bleach: Kubo introduces a million inconsequential characters with uninspired designs and decides to have Uryuu join the bad guys for shock value.

What a terrible week.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66453356]Minato bent his knees to the Nine Tails, not Obito. Kakashi knows his habits, and how his one gimmick works. Not a fair complaint.[/QUOTE]

It just seemed that neither Kakashi and Obito live in a bobble where the same fight happened when they were 12.

PK Gaming

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";66454691]Why should Obito have won? Because he can shift through things? That doesn't work on Kakashi. Obito has no other tricks.[/QUOTE]

Obito took on a fully powered Naruto, Killer Bee, Guy and Kakashi on his own a few chapters back and actually fought them to a draw. He outclasses Kakashi when it comes to just about everything. Jutsu (Insanely overpowered Wood style jutsu, Fire style jutsu and High speed teleportation.) Kakashi won because Kishi powered him down for this fight, and it shows.

He is leagues above Kakashi in terms of strength, even while fatigued tired. He shouldn't have gone down that easily.

EDIT: It's unconfirmed if he can use his kamui in that world, but i'm pretty sure he can at least use it for movement. If not, he could still beat Kakashi with his wood style jutsu.

ryan13ts

One Piece:
Dancing chick has a really neat ability by being able to see through lies, share memories, and turn her fucking tears into attacking Whales. Oda never fails to impress me in the "Devil Fruit" department, he's always coming up with some wacky and inventive ability. The SH's could really use a crew member like her, since it would save them a ton of trouble they usually get into by being mislead or lied to (Although the chances of this happening are near 0%)

As for Doflamingo, HOLY SHIT! I can't believe I never picked up on the little details that hinted at him being a Tenryuubito, although the fact that everyone in his crew calls his "Young Master" should have been a dead giveaway that he's some type of royalty. Now everything makes sense regarding how he's gotten away with so much shit through out the series, I just hope we get a proper explanation of his past soon. Also, I'm guessing this Fujitora guy is Akainu's replacement for his vacant admiral seat? Since this guy is a new character, maybe Aokiji's empy seat was filled by an already established character?

Bleach:
I actually find the Stern Ritter a pretty interesting group, although not quite as much as the Espada. Hopefully Kubo will focus a little bit more on building up the characters more like he did with the Espada before the actual war, as it will give more meaning towards their battles. Jugo in particular seems pretty interesting, as he doesn't seemed to fazed that he got screwed over by a practical stranger.

I'm also liking that it looks like Ishida will play a large role in this arc, especially since he hasn't been a big focus of the series for some time. As long as he gets some decent page time and well explained motives, I think it'll be a good pay off. It's obvious Bach knows he's up to something, so it will be interesting to see this play out.

One Piece:
In a cool twist, the girl that Sanji saved ended up being evil, but in typical one Piece fashion Sanji manages to get through to her with some bs, and she immediately decides to help him. At least the later half was decent. Seriously, Oda goes out of his way to make Sanji and unlikable character when it comes to his interaction with female characters, they're always dreadful.

It's the same BS that he did with Kalifa and got his ass kick .
Now it's the second time and it worked out for him (what does Doflamingo do to these women )
Sanji interaction with women are find ( for the character type Oda using with him ) unless your talking about fighting that is a lost cause .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom