• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Trigger 1-5

Glasses nerd sucks. :3 is pretty alright. It's been pretty boring so far. It kind of reminds me of a worse Psyren. Except instead of going to the world with monsters the monsters are coming to the world with humans. I'm undecided if I'll read more.

How does one dislike Mikumo...really picks up once all the other teams get in, such good character designs everyone.

Akito

Rebecca is totally joining guys, Oda hinted at it a long time ago

iX1HNngkmigz3.png

scy

Wait wait wait ... "Beautiful" "Meat" "Sword" and "Guys are useless"?! It was right there all along! bless you goda

Naruto

I enjoyed this chapter as I was really surprised to get an origin story here and was always curious to learn more about the Sage. Too bad it's basically a rip off of other biblical tales but it entertained nonetheless. Also the juubi is wrecking shop ending the chapter in an interesting cliff hanger that has me looking forward to the next chapter. What will the heroes pull next? Sauce's turn to actually do something? Madara double cross? Oro to the rescue? It was interesting that Madara claims to be the cause of the moon's eye plan. Is this simply because he came up with the plan and convinced Obito to go along with it? Or is it because he will screw Obito over and seize control for himself?

One Piece

For the love of god, can you guys quite assuming a character from literally every single arc is going to become a SH? 90% of the characters guessed don't fit in the slightest and have zero chance of it happening. At least wait until there's substantial occurrences that heavily point to that happening. Without even listing all the other reasons Rebecca is incredibly unlikely, Oda is not going to have 3 sword fighters in one small crew. At least I sure as hell hope not, how boring. The only possibility would be if she took Ace's fruit and boy would that be disappointing. That shit is reserved for Sabo! I also don't think it's a given at all that the toy soldier is her father, surprised so many think he is. The other gladiator seems like he's the king and she's a princess...not to mention that panel of her running into his arms and his emotional reaction to failing her in the arena. She just doesn't know who he is and probably thinks he's dead as soldier raised her. I'm sure we'll get a flashback on what happened to him later in the arc. Also, that would be the lamest reaction of all time for your wife being killed if it were Soldier. He didn't seem overly concerned about her death at all, moreso how it impacted Rebecca. Sure you'd focus on consoling your daughter, but you'd feel sorrow about your dead wife as well. I highly doubt the soldier is her father and if so, Oda did a poor job with the flashback. Boring chapter leading into a break but it's the setup for this arc's Vivi.

Bleach

This chapter was 'ok' simply because I always enjoy strategy and ice boy put some thought into his attacks. Lame as hell that his regular attack is nearly as strong as his bankai but whatever. I'm wondering how long this fight will drag on, if most of these fights will be pretty quick until Ichigo battles.

HSDK

Things just got more complicated. Man, what the heck will Kenichi's group do? Will the other masters abduct the copter and race over? Any guess seems so improbable. Interesting predicament.

Fairy Tail

Not much to say, typical FT power ass pull with Gray utilizing this super ice using his regular ice magic.

Aizo

Banned
Billy Bat - Ch. 102
Ohhh!
So, the only reason that Hitler did those things was because the white bat told him? That explains everything.
I hope the plot starts moving forward soon.

One Piece

For the love of god, can you guys quite assuming a character from literally every single arc is going to become a SH? 90% of the characters guessed don't fit in the slightest and have zero chance of it happening. At least wait until there's substantial occurrences that heavily point to that happening. Without even listing all the other reasons Rebecca is incredibly unlikely, Oda is not going to have 3 sword fighters in one small crew. At least I sure as hell hope not, how boring. The only possibility would be if she took Ace's fruit and boy would that be disappointing. That shit is reserved for Sabo! I also don't think it's a given at all that the toy soldier is her father, surprised so many think he is. The other gladiator seems like he's the king and she's a princess...not to mention that panel of her running into his arms and his emotional reaction to failing her in the arena. She just doesn't know who he is and probably thinks he's dead as soldier raised her. I'm sure we'll get a flashback on what happened to him later in the arc. Also, that would be the lamest reaction of all time for your wife being killed if it were Soldier. He didn't seem overly concerned about her death at all, moreso how it impacted Rebecca. Sure you'd focus on consoling your daughter, but you'd feel sorrow about your dead wife as well. I highly doubt the soldier is her father and if so, Oda did a poor job with the flashback. Boring chapter leading into a break but it's the setup for this arc's Vivi.

I agree Rebecca is very unlikely. She isn't that interesting, doesn't have a long term goal (it seems right now at least), and she can only use a sword at the moment. I don't think Oda would put 3 sword users on the team unless he's just running out of ideas here.

upandaway

I agree Rebecca is very unlikely. She isn't that interesting, doesn't have a long term goal (it seems right now at least), and she can only use a sword at the moment. I don't think Oda would put 3 sword users on the team unless he's just running out of ideas here.
Y'know what weapon the crew doesn't have? A string.

Not that I'm hinting at anything here, oh no.

mhs004

Pretty sure Rebecca isnt joining. She is probably going to rule over the kingdom once Doflamigo is defeated.

My exact thoughts. I think that there will be a new member soon but not from the current arc maybe the kaido arc. If one does come from this arc it would be bart but I don't think luffy would let him join the crew with his attitude.

Manga no Tsukurikata 1-38
Yuri romcom starring two aspiring manga artists. First impressions were unremarkable, but actually as it's progressed I've warmed to it far more. The relationship between the main duo is unusually interesting for a yuri pairing and is what's keeping me reading, particularly the constant question of whether the MC really is committed to her devoted partner or whether she's just stringing her along.

I really need to keep better watch when I'm reading One Piece because I didn't know my 2 favorite side characters Jewelery Bonney and Aokiji was shown and mentioned recently. Bonney appeared for a short second reacting to Doflamingo quitting, but I didn't notice her at the time. Aokiji's name was mentioned by Blackbeard during the call but I didn't notice due to his Japanese name being "Kuzan."

I hope these 2 have an appearance soon because Aokiji is hilarious, has a great design, and cool powers (no pun intended). Bonney has a great design, an interesting past, and a comical power.

The thing about the next SH is how rapidly does Oda want to add them? We already know Jimbei will join at some point, how long until that happens? Is it far off enough to add another member first? We just don't know and it depends on if Oda is cool with adding two in a short time frame like he did early on in the series.

dumbyugi

You need to get past the "bully of the week" part (I think its over by chapter 7?). If you make it to chapter 10 and still don't like it, feel free to drop.

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll give it another shot then.

How does one dislike Mikumo...really picks up once all the other teams get in, such good character designs everyone.

The character designs have been pretty good so far. Nothing amazing but not bad by any stretch.

Acid08

Banned
The thing about the next SH is how rapidly does Oda want to add them? We already know Jimbei will join at some point, how long until that happens? Is it far off enough to add another member first? We just don't know and it depends on if Oda is cool with adding two in a short time frame like he did early on in the series.
I bet Jimbei doesn't join for quite a while, if at all. I can see someone killing him before he can join too.

Shokugeki no Soma 39
tumblr_mszef2tmcP1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Yes back to being best Isshiki and such a good strategy. Kind of wouldnt mind a ping pong manga just for those antics.

Design for 9th seat is good,though not really sold on his motives/driving motivations for character, guess he'll grow over time though, hard to dislike.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Unless Jinbei gets killed off before he can join.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

A new challenger appears! But nobody ate any food this chapter.

My exact thoughts. I think that there will be a new member soon but not from the current arc maybe the kaido arc. If one does come from this arc it would be bart but I don't think luffy would let him join the crew with his attitude.

Doubt it will be Bart also. If it is going to be anyone my money on Mr. Soldier but I don't think anyone is joining this arc honestly. Besides Rebecca and Mr. Soldier no real stand out characters.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hancock Jimbei Rebecca is joining the crew guys omg

I found Perona and Camie for Strawhat far funnier (and stupider).

Also, you can never forget the classic "Paulie/Kaku for Strawhat. Franky sucks!" conversations a decade ago.

To be fair, the complaints were used against Brook, so its rather meaningless.

Rebecca isn't interesting because she's in serious mode and hasn't revealed her quirk/running gags. The only other characters who went this long without one were Vivi, Ace and Jinbei, all of whom were long-term characters. That said, I'm of the opinion that no one is going to join the crew, with a small exception for Jinbei if the author ever figures out how to write Jinbei's crew out of the storyline.

Rebecca's biggest detriment to being a "Strawhat candidate" (oh god) is her lack of a dream that can be accomplished by traveling with the Strawhats. Well that and the fact that she's in an arc that inherently revolves around Law's backstory, moreso than her own. Oh and that she's sidelining into the princess trope, which has a horrible track record in One Piece.

...actually she's pretty fucked, isn't she? lol

KingJ2002

Naruto: so the juubi is basically a tree, the stone tablet, the sage of six paths... all of them have their stories in place. Interesting turn of events. it also explains why the wood style is so powerful in the story.

Bleach: very short chapter and somewhat ok... good to see hitsugaya back in action but ultimately... the chapter was meh.

Cwarrior

I found Perona and Camie for Strawhat far funnier (and stupider).

Also, you can never forget the classic "Paulie/Kaku for Strawhat. Franky sucks!" conversations a decade ago.

Paulie should of been a crew member then nami wouldn't have grown up to dress like a whore.

Somewhere in the grandline poor paulie is having an aneurysm at the skimpy outfits nami wears nowadays.

grandjedi6

mhs004

I think Jinbei, Garp, Blackbeard, and maybe even Luffy at the very end will die. I probably am veeeeery wrong but hey it's just my guess

grandjedi6

Paulie should of been a crew member then nami wouldn't have grown up to dress like a whore.

Somewhere in the grandline poor paulie is having an aneurysm at the skimpy outfits nami wears nowadays.

Paulie's lucky he got out just in time. Even the Enies Lobby fanservice was too much for him and it only escalated once Nami stripped in that arc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Soma

Got my answer for the last chapter lol

And I guess we know what seat Soma is gonna occupy now :trollface

Its kind of weird. He's the same year as Erina but she's already on this special council thing; I'm not sure it even makes sense if Soma could actually skip Erina's seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom