• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MarcoStyle: The Division 2 - 5 Years Later

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I've decided to give The Division 2 another go after my 5 year long hiatus from the franchise. Some things have improved... other haven't. This is what I have to say about it now.

Chapters:
Intro (0:00)
Story & Campaign (8:23)
Do we need a campaign? (21:40)
World Tiers & Gear Score (34:35)
The Seamless Open World (46:55)
Warlords of New York (1:00:23)
The (not so) Cover Based Shooter (1:14:12)
Gear & Builds (1:29:51)
The looter with TOO MUCH loot (1:50:23)
Climbing the vertical line (2:11:40)
The Dark Zone & PvP (2:24:22)
Seasonal & additional content (2:47:23)
Outro: (3:07:26)

cormack12

Gold Member
Loved this game, but it's time for Division 3.

It always had various flack after TUs but I loved the time I spent with it

Nankatsu

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Division 1 and 2...good times.

Divison 1 was so so good. Division 2 improved it in alot of ways but the gear grind, for some reason I liked how division 1 handled the grind much more and the variety of builds seemed much better than 2. Weapon mods were better done in 1 too and the big thing was the christmas new york setting just felt amazing and the div 1 dark zone was way more interesting. so no wonder I stopped playing 2.
I would be pretty happy with a next gen update to Division 1, even the underground expansion was really good for replay ability on the hardest difficulty it felt really good to make it out with some gear.

Ceadeus

It it a good game for sure but being a gaas, I always felt like Massive were to pull the plug sooner or later and I'd be like, well why am I playing? It's not like destiny 2 where devs are continuously updating with content( I'm not saying it's a better game by any mean). But yeah, when you boot Division 2 on, the server always feels dead. Matchmaking take a long time for early event and early mission.

So to me the message it gives to new player is , is it really worth it? Where else could I put my time on?

Top Bottom