• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marie playable in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

I hate how she is in but I can't be mad at her being free. Thanks Atlus. Now I hope you don't need to download them through the game and can just get them from the store. Just incase when I import it doesn't come within a week.

FluxWaveZ

I hate how she is in but I can't be mad at her being free. Thanks Atlus. Now I hope you don't need to download them through the game and can just get them from the store. Just incase when I import it doesn't come within a week.

Yeah, you just need to download the characters for free off of PSN during the time they're available and you're good, whether or not you own the game at the time of download.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, TWO DLC characters for free the first week? That's pretty damn awesome. The pre-order bonuses are getting better & better.

DVCY201

I can just download the characters without the game? That's not a pre-order bonus at all then, but that is a nice move by Atlus. Looking forward to it, I recently started up P4A to practice.

Dremark

Banned
Wow. Based Atlus in this case.

Adachi-baby
and Marie as post-launch free-one-week DLC? You're doing good, Atlus.

Is the fact that that character is playable by itself really a spoiler.

Also why exactly is that character playable anyway? I didn't play the Golden upgrade or P4A 1 but I would think that character would not be available to fight.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the fact that that character is playable by itself really a spoiler.

Persona fans get pissy about it due to "OMG NEW PLAYERS" despite the statue of limitations being over. Luke and Leia are both brother and sister, and all that.

Also why exactly is that character playable anyway? I didn't play the Golden upgrade or P4A 1 but I would think that character would not be available to fight.

Because story-reasons. Same reason they can put Minato in if they so choose: Because it's a fighting game, they don't need a story reason for additional characters unless they so choose.

Just like KoF '98/'02 are "dream matches" that brought characters "storywise" dead/gone/removed back for those years. People want to play as those characters in fighting games, so devs are smart to provide it.

I can just download the characters without the game? That's not a pre-order bonus at all then, but that is a nice move by Atlus. Looking forward to it, I recently started up P4A to practice.

It's a pre-order bonus in the sense that it's one-week only. If you don't get the characters from Tuesday-Tuesday US update times, you're SOL in getting them free again.

At least Atlus did this unlike Arc doing it via... Aksys for Hazama in Blazblue. That was a straight slap in the face of digital buyers. :|

Dremark

Banned
Persona fans get pissy about it due to "OMG NEW PLAYERS" despite the statue of limitations being over. Luke and Leia are both brother and sister, and all that.

Because story-reasons. Same reason they can put Minato in if they so choose: Because it's a fighting game, they don't need a story reason for additional characters unless they so choose.

Just like KoF '98/'02 are "dream matches" that brought characters "storywise" dead/gone/removed back for those years. People want to play as those characters in fighting games, so devs are smart to provide it.

Well I can understand people not wanted to be spoiled, said characters inclusion doesn't really give it away.

I realize dream matches exist but part of the draw for this game is that it's canon story so I was basically wondering if they wrote around the limitation in something I didn't play. Demand for him did always seem really high so his inclusion makes lots of sense on that end though.

Meia

Well I can understand people not wanted to be spoiled, said characters inclusion doesn't really give it away.

I realize dream matches exist but part of the draw for this game is that it's canon story so I was basically wondering if they wrote around the limitation in something I didn't play. Demand for him did always seem really high so his inclusion makes lots of sense on that end though.

Said character's inclusion kind of does though.
This is a persona fighting game, aka everyone in the roster has personas, or is able to stand up to persona users. If someone hadn't played Persona 4 and knew of his inclusion in this, then the character is seen from a completely different light the second they appear in Persona 4. Maybe not as the culprit, but definitely as someone capable enough of a fighter to stand toe to toe with one. Though from what we've seen of him in P4AU, they make no qualms about how fucking CREEPY his ass is, so yeah.

And yeah, the original game is 8 years old, and the re-release is only 2, so...

The whole "should this be spoilered" thing was a hot-topic in Pgaf for like a year at this point. It was debated long before his inclusion in the game was even made official. :p

Dremark

Banned
Said character's inclusion kind of does though.
This is a persona fighting game, aka everyone in the roster has personas, or is able to stand up to persona users. If someone hadn't played Persona 4 and knew of his inclusion in this, then the character is seen from a completely different light the second they appear in Persona 4. Maybe not as the culprit, but definitely as someone capable enough of a fighter to stand toe to toe with one. Though from what we've seen of him in P4AU, they make no qualms about how fucking CREEPY his ass is, so yeah.

And yeah, the original game is 8 years old, and the re-release is only 2, so...

The whole "should this be spoilered" thing was a hot-topic in Pgaf for like a year at this point. It was debated long before his inclusion in the game was even made official. :p

I suppose from that perspective it makes sense I was looking at it from a more matter of fact sort of way with the knowledge that Dojima and Nanako were originally going to be playable.

I think in the reveal thread topic it at least made sense but it's going to get old quick if it has to be blacked everything his name comes up when discussing the competitive aspects of it.

m5DZvq4.jpg

Top Bottom