• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe website updated with a bunch of screens, videos, and art

I really love this Link design.
img_link.png

He's got sfv Ken hair so not a fan. Think it would be a wasted opportunity if they couldn't squeeze in the botw link design later on. Just realised that I'm more use to brown hair link.

I enjoyed playing the WII U version with Kart GAF.
I look forward to racing with everyone again and seeing
new faces.

Also hopefully GAF nights will be a thing again.

Only if they up the ante and make a 300cc.
I took part in the 200cc launch, and it was incredible. The novelty has worn off a bit now that everyone has gotten used to the increased speed.

Directly into my veins. Specifically making financial room for this game, as it's easily in my top 3 favorite Wii U games.

Battle mode, portability, Inlkings, King Boo, and 200cc time trials easily make this worth it for me. I would be thrilled if they just turned it into a service and continued to release new content as DLC.

Shiggy

Download play is unrealistic, the load times between tracks would be way too long unless they go the route of Mario Party Star Rush where they have a "guest" version downloadable on the eshop.

Isn't the entire game just 7GB? Their wifi solution seems to allow for data rates of up to 837 Mbps. Even if real data rates would be lower, the entire game could be sent to another Switch system within three minutes, right?

Isn't the entire game just 7GB? Their wifi solution seems to allow for data rates of up to 837 Mbps. Even if real data rates would be lower, the entire game could be sent to another Switch system within three minutes, right?

Well theoretically yes, practically however the filesystem and encryption would most likely slow the whole thing down.

This game is going to sell so well. Folks are in for a treat.

I'm double dipping, baby!

Same here, high-five! :D

Raven77

As someone who already has all the Wii U DLC, the lack of interesting new characters and lack of new tracks is really disappointing. I don't play or have any interest in Splatoon and I don't really have any interest in Battle Mode anymore.

I know they are adding a good amount of content, but if someone already owns the DLC and doesn't plan to play battle mode you aren't getting much.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
As someone who already has all the Wii U DLC, the lack of interesting new characters and lack of new tracks is really disappointing. I don't play or have any interest in Splatoon and I don't really have any interest in Battle Mode anymore.

I know they are adding a good amount of content, but if someone already owns the DLC and doesn't plan to play battle mode you aren't getting much.

image.php

HOW?

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
MK8 is the best racing game ever made imo. I never played much of the DLC so I'm really looking forward to this and having access to it on the go.

I mean, to each his or her own, but the game itself is so good that I'm honestly fine with it being full price. A discount or something would have been very nice, but MK8 is the best MK of all time for me, and the proper battle stages being added makes it pretty much perfect.

I don't do a whole lot of online gaming, but MK8 is easily my most played online MP game of all time. It's just so good. I do think they would be really reeeeally wise to add some more content to this game though, even if it's just two more cups and a handful of battle stages (plus characters and karts).

JB2448

This'll be my first Kart game since the original on SNES. Is the AI enough of a challenge in single player mode?

150cc, Mirror, and (especially) 200cc will definitely satisfy your desire for challenge.
I know you asked specifically about single player, but online gets pretty competitive too.

For people that have never played the Wii U version, there's no questioning the amount of content in this game. This is going to be a breath of fresh air for a lot of people.

trixx

Mario Kart 8 is phenomenal but the fact that this either isn't free or 50% off for Wii U owners is a crime and I won't be supporting this.

I know I traded in my Wii u Copy for $40, something tells me that it was a bad trade :(
This was by far my most played Wii U game. Sold it when I sold the system but will definitely be picking it up again for the Switch.
Between this and pikmin 3, my favourite wii u experiences.

Playing this with Joy Cons is going to suck. My ideal controls was wii mote and nunchuck

Cody_D165

Banned
We all love Mario Kart in our house and skipped the Wii U so we are super excited about this.

You're in for a treat. 8 is my personal all-time favorite Mario Kart. Feels like they perfected the formula so I'm curious and excited to see how the improvements made in Deluxe turn out. (And of course the return of proper battle mode!)

I still wish Captain Falcon was playable though. It just seems like an obvious omission. I mean we got Link, Villager and Inkling, two F-Zero tracks and the Blue Falcon, but the Captain himself is oddly nowhere to be found.

Type40

img_sfc-chara.png

Whoever at Nintendo they have to do the 2D artwork and manages to retain that standardised SMB3 style needs a raise.

He's kinda retired, but they bring him in regularly for stuff like this. He did all the stamps for Mario 3d World and Kart 8 on WiiU.

Top Bottom