• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart DS Wifi Down?

Has anyone had any problems connecting to a wifi game this morning? Ive tried numerous times and always get an error code 61070. Anybody have any idea what is going on here?

Hopefully it is the server that is down and nothing on my end.

Thank god someone else is having this problem, i've been tearing my hair out for the past hour looking through my Wireless setting on my PC trying to work out why Animal Crossing and Mario Kart aren't working. I assume there are some problems with the WFC network despite the website saying things are fine.

Yep problems here too and with Animal Crossing. Just had a quick look at the WFC site and I've never seen so many people on, must be completely overloaded.

Well at least there are two of us now, that makes me feel a little better. I just wish they would hurry up and fix it, it is getting boring here since my 360 is at microsoft getting fixed. It looks like im going to have to play some single player. What can I say Im addicted to Mario Kart

Blackbird

there are way more people currently not able to connect: The Netherlands, the US, everywhere.

Next time, don't worry right away and take a look at NOA's forums first. There's bound to be 100 kids screaming that all life has ended in case the WiFi Connection service is down :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
It was very hard to get a connection last night, around 3 am.

And when I finally did, every game just froze and discconected me.

Server GREEN my ass!

Dave Long

Banned
Probably overwhelmed their servers. Nintendo will be learning a lot from DS that they can use for the Revolution. This is probably one of those lessons. ;)

I like how often, a service will be down, but the error message given to you will always try to place the blame on your end instead of theirs. I mean... it's obviously YOUR connection that is wrong, servers never go down! *rolls eyes*

Memles

Yeah, I just had my first four player game...no, correction, three-player game since someone disconnected immediately on the starting line. And then the other two people disconnected after I won the first two races. Sigh.

It's working, but I have yet to actually complete a bloody game against strangers.

If anyone is up for a game:

Memles

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
nintendowifi.com now tells you how many people are currently playing, and the max per day and what time it was.

It didnt used to as far as I could tell, so thats nifty.

Memles

Good game, ballstate...I feel a little hosed after that bloody second race finish (SO close) but you raced really well in the third race. Thanks for restoring my faith in MarioKartKind.

Memles

ballstategamingking said:
i need some more practice, i still havent mastered corning yet, i skid around most of them. Im just glad to play a game without someone using rob

Yeah, I felt a little guilty picking Peach Circuit on you; I've been playing a lot of Super Circuit lately and kind of knew it well.

I haven't even considered playing as ROB, even when I do eventually unlock him...doesn't really appeal to me. He's beatable once you get your cornering down, though. As you say, just takes a bit of practice.

Top Bottom