• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Maker Update OUT NOW - Checkpoints, Stackable Power Ups & More!

RagnarokX

I hope we get more checkpoints in the future, but my longer levels already play a ton better with them in.

If you need more checkpoints you can pad them out further with my passcode checkpoints. I just uploaded a new version that uses half of the space and budget of the previous version while still creating 2 checkpoints:

DA94-0000-00D5-789C
WVW69iiox2AXZUI906

Mista Koo

Not sure how I feel about the levels they broke. On one hand they were too weird, on the other hand they were interesting.

If you need more checkpoints you can pad them out further with my passcode checkpoints. I just uploaded a new version that uses half of the space and budget of the previous version while still creating 2 checkpoints:

DA94-0000-00D5-789C
That was you? It was mind blowingly amazing sir.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
can't wait to "test it out" this evening! Event courses and Nintendo "channel" should be really interesting for me!

This might be the wrong place to ask, but I'm stuck unlocking content.

The last thing I unlocked was the 2nd to last row of things. I still do not have the ability to make sectional levels or warp pipes. I'm not sure what I need to do to unlock this stuff as I've built tons of levels. It's been over 2 weeks since my last unlock. I haven't even gotten the usual message of "new stuff is on it's way".

I tried the trick I was doing previously of flooding levels with blocks but it wasn't helping.

Sapiens

That Bowser Puzzle course was amazing. I had no idea you
could stack the POW blocks

And then that one final exit at the end! Amazing.

Love this game.

Ben652

This might be the wrong place to ask, but I'm stuck unlocking content.

The last thing I unlocked was the 2nd to last row of things. I still do not have the ability to make sectional levels or warp pipes. I'm not sure what I need to do to unlock this stuff as I've built tons of levels. It's been over 2 weeks since my last unlock. I haven't even gotten the usual message of "new stuff is on it's way".

I tried the trick I was doing previously of flooding levels with blocks but it wasn't helping.

You have unlocked everything (the last row stays empty).

To make a warp pipe and access the sub area of a level just drag Mario on to any pipe.

What do the checkpoints look like in SMB & SMB3 mode? SMB had invisible checkpoints which worked differently (didn't have to touch anything), and I don't remember if SMB3 had them at all (if it did they were like SMB and invisible markers).

NeonZ

What do the checkpoints look like in SMB & SMB3 mode? SMB had invisible checkpoints which worked differently (didn't have to touch anything), and I don't remember if SMB3 had them at all (if it did they were like SMB and invisible markers).

For SMB1, they're small Bowser flags that then turn into red "M" flags. They look different from the end of stage flags too.

There is no way to replace your old uploaded level with a new one, so you'll have to upload your edits separately. Keep in mind that you don't lose any stars if you delete a level.

Kouriozan

I'm loving those official maker and event courses, some great but not unfair challenge there.
Bowser's puzzle dungeon was very nice.

By the way, here's a new glitch with the checkpoints.

How does uploading work with checkpoints? Does it make you run through the course from each checkpoint or are troll checkpoints going to be rampant?

Platy

Makes you run through each.

Also, anyone have a link to a translated conversation between Mary O and the Pidgeon or it is only on japanese ?

Top Bottom