• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MARIO + RABBIDS: Kingdom Battle |OT| XCOM on mushrooms

Majora

I'm still on the fence with this one. Is there a difficulty setting that's anywhere near as soul-crushingly hard as XCOM?

No, it's nowhere near as soul-crushingly hard as XCOM but it was never going to be. It's a Mario game whereas XCOM is one of the most unforgiving games I've ever played.

That doesn't mean it's a total pushover by any means; you still need patience and the ability to plan ahead but you're in the wrong place if you want rock hard difficulty.

Linkura

Amazon has surprised me. Originally, Kiwami was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and this Thursday. But they have both shipped and BOTH are coming tomorrow! BWAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

thats-good.gif

Is there a pre order bonus? I cancelled my amazon order because I wasn't going to get it until next week so I was going to buy it digitally or at a store. Will this be up at midnight?

Spoiler question: Is there any reference at all to Rayman or any non-Rabbid Rayman content in this game? It's the only possible good thing left that might come of this game :/

Cartho

Spoiler question: Is there any reference at all to Rayman or any non-Rabbid Rayman content in this game? It's the only possible good thing left that might come of this game :/

Not sure why you needed to spoiler tag that.

Also not sure about the bloded. I mean everyone who has played it says it's absolutely brilliant fun. Don't know why a fun, well crafted, inventive game is proving so distressing for you...

Dougald

No, it's nowhere near as soul-crushingly hard as XCOM but it was never going to be. It's a Mario game whereas XCOM is one of the most unforgiving games I've ever played.

That doesn't mean it's a total pushover by any means; you still need patience and the ability to plan ahead but you're in the wrong place if you want rock hard difficulty.

I'd take anything that punishes a failure to plan with retribution, I'm not quite expecting impossible ironman level stuff (though I wouldn't turn it down). I guess I'll wait to read/see some impressions this week before I decide between this and Yakuza

Not sure why you needed to spoiler tag that.

Also not sure about the bolded. I mean everyone who has played it says it's absolutely brilliant fun. Don't know why a fun, well crafted, inventive game is proving so distressing for you...

Well the answer would definitely be a spoiler, but you're right, the question itself isn't.

Also, I've despised the existence of this game since we first heard it rumored, but I've gone over that in other threads and I don't want to spoil the fun of people actually playing it, so I won't go into that here. To be concise, let's just say that, to me, any kind of Rayman cameo would be the lone diamond in an entire planet of rough.

Neiteio

Well, 9 PM PT, which is 12 AM ET. Most Nintendo first party games unlock at that time as well, but since this is a Ubi title, it could unlock later.
I just remembered: Sonic Mania unlocked at 3 a.m. EST. I guess they wanted it to be midnight on the West Coast. I wonder if the same will hold true for Mario + Rabbids?

Itching to download this bad boy!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well, guess I'm getting this. I need a good single-player game to break my Switch in and this seems neat, never played XCOM but I heard Codename S.T.E.A.M. was a lot like it and I adored that game...

Hmm, this game doing well probably means if Nintendo needs another XCOM-like title they'll go to Ubisoft instead of Intelli Systems for a S.T.E.A.M. sequel, that sucks.

Judt about to go out to the shops to pick up my pre-order, so excited.

Couple of quick questions, is it 720p hand-held and 900p docked? Does it have touch screen controls too?

I came so close to tricking a Walmart into giving me an early copy today, but they wouldn't let me take it because of the street date. I literally almost had it.

Debating if I want to drive to a nearby Walmart and buy it at midnight, but I need to teach tomorrow at 8am.

Neiteio

I came so close to tricking a Walmart into giving me an early copy today, but they wouldn't let me take it because of the street date. I literally almost had it.

Debating if I want to drive to a nearby Walmart and buy it at midnight, but I need to teach tomorrow at 8am.
Take the Switch to school and teach your students how to survive the Rabbids apocalypse abwahcolypse

Twookie

Does the eshop update at midnight?

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't because it's Nintendo we're dealing with, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt

Neiteio

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't because it's Nintendo we're dealing with, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt
Depends on the game and on where you live. For example, Sonic Mania was midnight... on the West Coast, so those of us on the East had to wait til 3 a.m.

SirShandy

Actually, Nintendo's first party retail titles typically release at midnight EST, but this is a third party title (actually being published by Ubisoft), so it's unknown whether it will release at midnight (EST or PST), or even by noon tomorrow, EST.

But since it's already released in Russia at midnight in one of their time zones, I'm going to guess it will release in the US at midnight PST, the same time as Sonic Mania.

Edit: Didn't realize you were in Norway. Cool that the game's up.

Top Bottom