• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games : 18 min vidéo from GC

yilmazz

Yeah looking quite good, it just seems a little bit too easy to break the records. Might be another nice party game.

Scrubking

Thanks for the alternate vid. Also is she aiming with the nunchuk in archery? Does that mean it can be used to aim in other games? Hmm?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I can see this game doing quite well among casuals and non-gamers. I know my daughters would like it.

looks fun, crisp, clean
it'll be marketed as the 1st Mario and Sonic game too

This game will be known as

"Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Non-Games"

turk128

ziran said:
Archery looks like loads of fun and even the 100m dash looks decent.
Seriously, archery looks more fun than it has any right to be.

Wonder which of the water sports will be in this... water polo would be great. Alt costume, swimsuits?

Blah, the audio mix is all off, can't understand what she's saying.

I'm hoping this game turns out well. It definitely looks a bit more arcadey than Wii Sports and probably won't have as good replay value but it could be a great multiplayer game for the winter. Most of the promising entries in the Wii's fall/winter lineup caters to the hardcore and single-player offerings so a good casual game will help balance it out.

Also, don't know how they can do it but please have a swimming event!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
turk128 said:
Seriously, archery looks more fun than it has any right to be.
Yeah, the archery game caught my attention. And the animation looks good overall.

stewacide

Sega should have a Sonic game coming out early next year to take advantage of the exposure w/ this game (which will be **HUGE**)

d+pad

Huh. This looks better - and more fun - than I thought.

I can see this doing pretty darn well in the run up to the Olympics if it actually plays well and is advertised properly.

Of course it's a non-game so it'll get slagged here ;)

Threi

notag
This looks like one of those games that would be worth it just to see your little cousins play against each other.

cw_sasuke said:
u ppl r hatin on anything... it`s loadin fine on my pc...

0590423045.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wow it actually looks really fun! Much better than what I was expecting given SEGA's recent track record :D

It does look a bit shallow but I'm sure that there's bound to be more options than they're letting on here!

Does anyone know whether or not there will be any online leaderboards? I'd love to have the world record in the bottom corner being the real actual one on the leaderboard :D

Also does anyone know how many events there are gonna be and which ones they are?

I doubt it'll have the longetivity of Wii Sports simply because the records will be much easier to max out but it still looks like a lot of fun and a great "Popcorn Game" for the Olympics :D

luffeN

it looks fun and plays pretty cool and funny :D there were 5 events available: 100 meters, 110 hurdles, tripple jump, hammer throw and archery. hammer throw is like the cow throw in rayman. 100 meters sprint controls the same like the rayman minigame where you had to deliver the explosive present etc.

but i guess these things were shown in the video

edit: neither sega nor nintendo new the final number of events / didnt want to tell

Top Bottom