• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Avengers Academy (mobile - out now - features Alison Brie, John Cena, more)

GavinUK86

IGN - Meet the Cast

Launch Trailer

Character Trailer

Available to download as of today, the new mobile game Marvel Avengers Academy takes a very different look at Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, putting many of Marvel’s iconic heroes and villains in a "What if?" college setting.

Mixing together elements of action -- including combat training to go along with your regular classes and sports -- and social life (there’s dating as well), the game features a notable voice cast, including Priyanka Chopra (Quantico) as Ms. Marvel, Alexandra Daddario (True Detective) as Wasp, Colton Haynes (Arrow) as Thor, Bella Thorne (Scream: The TV Series) as Tigra, Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men) as Spider-Woman, Dave Franco (Neighbors) as Tony Stark, Alison Brie (Community) as Black Widow, rapper A$AP Rocky as Falcon and WWE superstar John Cena as Hulk. Other characters in the game include Loki, Hawkeye, Vision, Ant-Man, War Machine, Captain Marvel, Winter Soldier, Black Panther, Enchantress and Taskmaster.

waspalexandradaddariojpg-0d7a79_765w.jpg
thorcoltonhaynesjpg-0d7a78_765w.jpg
spiderwomankiernanshipkajpg-c74341_765w.jpg
blackwidowalisonbriejpg-0d7a75_765w.jpg
msmarvelpriyankachoprajpg-0d7a77_765w.jpg
tigrabellathornejpg-19c8d0_765w.jpg
falconasaprockyjpg-c74340_765w.jpg
ironmandavefrancojpg-0d7a76_765w.jpg
hulkjohncenajpg-19c8cf_765w.jpg

DNAbro

Mixing together elements of action -- including combat training to go along with your regular classes and sports -- and social life (there’s dating as well),

Persona - Marvel Edition. It even has the college setting people were asking for.

Platy

So the game launched and we still don't have a gameplay trailer =P

But Yay at Taskmaster and Kamala =D

Kitoro

This seems incredibly campy. I wonder if it's just going to be a high budget map building/resource management game with cutscenes thrown in.

Stitch

Gold Member
No thanks, I'll wait for Avengers babies.

edit: And googling this actually tells me that this is already a thing.. wut

DedValve

Banned
please tell me you don't need internet connection for this game.

Also pretty pls tell me I can date Peter Parker as Falcon.

mooncakes

All of these cheap marvel mobile games they keep making makes me lose faith in them ever doing a marvel vs capcom game. Why do a console game when they can make bank with these mobile games.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thought OP was taking the piss with that cast pic, haha. Had no idea this game would have so many celebrities doing the VA.

I'm going to give this one a spin, I dig the premise. No qualms with their mobile entries, I play Marvel Future Fight daily.

I saw cena and brie together in the title and thought this was a marvel/WWE crossover

missed the allison part and wasn't expecting the actual cast lol

Damn wish it was the actual John Cena, not John Cena playing Hulk.

i also hoped this

like john cena himself was a teacher at the school or some goofy shit

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Game is fucking terrible of course. All those celeb names will bring the punters in though so who cares.

Oh for the days of good Marvel games.

udivision

I honestly don't know what type of game I expected.

It's not like Marvel doesn't already have all the other typical genres covered for mobile anyway.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm guessing this is the usual microtransactioned-to-hell mobile game?

A shame, what I'd give for another Ultimate Alliance.

All of these cheap marvel mobile games they keep making makes me lose faith in them ever doing a marvel vs capcom game. Why do a console game when they can make bank with these mobile games.

This is the big reason I want Nintendo to stay far, far away from mobile.

Ranmo

Wow. I'm going to have to check this out. No one can see Hulk coming at you now. Unstoppable.

Yeah...lame Cena joke...I'm sorry.

Mesoian

It is a cruel and unfair world when this is not only out but will likely be wildly successful, but Marvel Vs Capcom is likely dead for another 10 years.

Coppanuva

But what do you actually do?
Seriously, I watched the trailer and don't know

It's the typical "Build your village" type game, but with a Marvel skin. Think: Simpsons Tapped Out, or the mobile SimCity game. There's a minor difference in that you assign each hero to do tasks individually as well, like "Go dance at the club" or "Take selfies" (Both of those are actually options). I played for maybe 20-25 minutes and it was almost all timer watching. Not worth it unless you're super invested in Marvel and really want to play that type of game, at least IMO.

Top Bottom