• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Avengers Overview Trailer

Esca

I still don't know what to make of this game. Usually I'm very good at looking at a game and knowing if it's for me or not.

I dunno, I think I read they will have an open beta? That will help if I buy it or not because right now is have to lean on not

JLMC469

Banned
How can someone fu** up Iron Man’s and Captain America’s design so much? There is a ton of source material.

xn0

How can someone fu** up Iron Man’s and Captain America’s design so much? There is a ton of source material.

They just need to come out and show that they indeed to have MCU character models and tell us that we can purchase them at the launch of the game. As an Avengers fan, I can tell you that I'm not interested in this game at all based on their wonky character models alone. They've been aware of this problem since they announced this game last year and have yet to show that they have MCU models, or how someone could acquire them. This game is now a maybe for me if they make the MCU character models available, and a complete pass with their current character models.
MnlZl7X.jpg

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
They just need to come out and show that they indeed to have MCU character models and tell us that we can purchase them at the launch of the game. As an Avengers fan, I can tell you that I'm not interested in this game at all based on their wonky character models alone. They've been aware of this problem since they announced this game last year and have yet to show that they have MCU models, or how someone could acquire them. This game is now a maybe for me if they make the MCU character models available, and a complete pass with their current character models.
MnlZl7X.jpg
They don’t want MCU models or for this to be part of the MCU to my best recollection.

xn0

They don’t want MCU models or for this to be part of the MCU to my best recollection.

If that is true and they don't release MCU skins I think that would be a huge mistake. They've hinted at MCU skins when they talked about all of the skins that will be made available (most likely because of the negative comments about the character models). It's a licensed Marvel game, and there can be an argument made that the majority of people that would want to play an Avengers video game were likely introduced to the characters through the MCU vs. the comics.

If I purchased the game I would want to play as Iron Man wearing the suit from the MCU instead of the current suit in the game that looks like a combination between 1990's Iron man comic books and the MCU. These default character models make no sense to me, and unfortunately prevent any real interest in this game. But thats just my opinion I could be wrong.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
If that is true and they don't release MCU skins I think that would be a huge mistake. They've hinted at MCU skins when they talked about all of the skins that will be made available (most likely because of the negative comments about the character models). It's a licensed Marvel game, and there can be an argument made that the majority of people that would want to play an Avengers video game were likely introduced to the characters through the MCU vs. the comics.

If I purchased the game I would want to play as Iron Man wearing the suit from the MCU instead of the current suit in the game that looks like a combination between 1990's Iron man comic books and the MCU. These default character models make no sense to me, and unfortunately prevent any real interest in this game. But thats just my opinion I could be wrong.

The initial reactions to the character models have been mixed at best with largely negative reaction that the character models aren’t MCU largely like the MCU. It’s jarring for sure now that most love those designs and that look after this many movies. Having Iron Man look like a mix is jarring.

I’ll play the beta and if I like it enough, I’ll keep the pre order. I think I’m more concerned that the game will be a gaas loot fest than a game. We shall see.

Reactions: xn0

Camreezie

This game is so hard to get a read on. Really hoping it's good and Crystal are coming off two pretty well regarded games so I'm leaning towards it being at least serviceable for marvel fans. I've always hated loot games though so am a bit apprehensive

Last edited:

BRZBlue

The characters just look horrendous. I dont know how anyone could look at the Iron Man designs from the comics from the last 20 years, and go "yes, lets make him look like C3PO".

Iron Man's armor is supposed to be sleek and beautiful like a supercar. Its part of why the progression of the MCU armors is so well regarded, not to mention Adi Granov had huge part in establishing Iron Man's look in the comics,

Top Bottom