• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT| Discussion on released and future projects (spoilers)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Shit just got real, yo.

It's time for Wanda and Pietro to make a cameo appearance in Cap 2 or a Marvel One Shot to beat out FOX.

Shots fired. Time to Disney to deploy their hitmen, and lawyers

3348811694_0889be5fb6.jpg

Don't fuck with the Mouse.

Then how come Wolverine can't show up in avengers 2?

Wolverine = X-Men
Pietro and Wanda = X-Men and Avengers

At the time the deal was inked, Pietro and Wanda were considered classic Avengers... but by rights they were also mutants, so Marvel and FOX agreed they were free for all to use.

I don't think that's the case. It's a first use thing, whoever uses the character first retains the license. Fox just took a big shit in Disney's gob.

http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/the-aveng...cer-kevin-feige-gives-marvel-studios-updates/

Kevin Feige said:
It’s a little complicated, but if they wanted to use them in an X-Men movie they could, and if we wanted to use them in an Avengers movie we could.
They share the rights because Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are both quintessential Avengers (which Marvel owns the rights to) and X-Men.

J10

Banned
This doesn't make any sense.

Marvel are technically co-producing the X-Men film. There has to be some communication between them and Fox on character usage.

I will speculate that they are preparing a crossover between universes starting with Quicksilver.

Nesotenso

Marvel are technically co-producing the X-Men film. There has to be some communication between them and Fox on character usage.

I will speculate that they are preparing a crossover between universes starting with Quicksilver.

Marvel has no input at Sony or Fox.

Not entirely true. Kevin Feige was an executive producer on the first three X-Men films (as well as the Spider-Man and Fantastic Four movies). They could very well be collaborating on this.

Sure, but it's clear FOX also has freedom to treat the property as they wish (for example, by making a mute Deadpool, or a black Johnny Storm).

Nesotenso

Not entirely true. Kevin Feige was an executive producer on the first three X-Men films (as well as the Spider-Man and Fantastic Four movies). They could very well be collaborating on this.

title means shit when have no input or creative control.

there is synergy between publishing and Marvel studios. There is nos uch thing between Fox/Sony and Marvel.

J10

Banned
Sure, but it's clear FOX also has freedom to treat the property as they wish (for example, by making a mute Deadpool, or a black Johnny Storm).

Well, I'll choose to be optimistic about it and hope it's something cool like a crossover. I'll wait for Marvel to announce the same actor playing Quicksilver in their movie.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Wolverine = X-Men
Pietro and Wanda = X-Men and Avengers

At the time the deal was inked, Pietro and Wanda were considered classic Avengers... but by rights they were also mutants, so Marvel and FOX agreed they were free for all to use.

thats bullshit he didnt start out in the xmen he appeared in the hulk, he wasnt created in anything xmen.

TDLink

Do a q&s teaser in Thor 2 end credits or let them show up in agents of shield.

This is probably what is going to happen now. They can put them in post-credits for Thor or Cap or put them in the TV Show. Lots of options.

I can't imagine they will actually let FOX beat them to the punch.

Why would it matter who gets them out first? It seems that Singer is only going to use Pietro in one action scene anyway. His take on Quickie will be forgotten as soon as the movie is over.

Why would it matter who gets them out first? It seems that Singer is only going to use Pietro in one action scene anyway. His take on Quickie will be forgotten as soon as the movie is over.

I think the thought is that marvel wants to get their 'version' of QS to stick with audience.

Quicksilver had a small cameo in Wolverine Origins anyway. Unnamed though, he was one of the mutants that Wolvie sets free in the end.

EDIT: From a while ago.

So if Fox can still use them even if Marvel uses them first, we could possibly have two Scarlet Witches and two Quicksilvers running around in different universes at the same time played by different actors?

Toth

Here's a continuity question:

How did all the stories of Thor, Loki, and Mjonnir (seen in the book Selvig showed Jane) get passed onto us humans 1000s of years ago if Thor and Loki were just children after the Frost Giants were defeated in 1100? Were there previous Lokis or Thors?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

How did all the stories of Thor, Loki, and Mjonnir (seen in the book Selvig showed Jane) get passed onto us humans 1000s of years ago if Thor and Loki were just children after the Frost Giants were defeated in 1100? Were there previous Lokis or Thors?

....yeah there were other incarnations of thor...but i dunno if the film division is considering that part of thors lore.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

This always stuck out to me. It has made me wonder if there's a temporal difference between Asgard and Earth - since "the realm eternal" seems to exist not just in space but possibly within a pocket dimension being a floating mountain with an ocean that doesn't just boil off into vacuum.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
This always stuck out to me. It has made me wonder if there's a temporal difference between Asgard and Earth - since "the realm eternal" seems to exist not just in space but possibly within a pocket dimension being a floating mountain with an ocean that doesn't just boil off into vacuum.

i dunno what they chose to go with in the movie but in the comics asgard is tied to the world tree that they are tasked with protecting but it would take some time and digging thru many old comics to see if they ever fleshed out if the world tree was a result of the 9 realms or what made the 9 realms possible. Theres a lot to asgards history.

Yeah lol. That's not happening.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator

Of all the characters they could use to introduce a crossover they choose Quicksilver?

Not feeling it. Either way, WTF Fox?

If they had ANY plans to crossover, they'd use Wolverine. C'mon now.

This is a childish "take that, Marvel". Singer has said he wants Quicksilver only because there's an action sequence that needs him. He's going to be this movie's Psylocke.

Hey, this is in OTC now. Weird. Didn't think we'd qualify.

I doubt we'll see Wanda in DOFP. Not if they're just using Pietro for an action scene.

Top Bottom