• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Digital Graphic Novel Sale at Amazon

J_Viper

I don't know what the hell Gwenpool is, but I bought it

Yep. Spider-Gwen was released for 5 issues, but then ended because of Secret Wars. It got relaunched a year later, starting over at #1 again, because Marvel has been really bad with constantly relaunching books.
Thanks for the heads up

So as far as reading order goes it's

Edge of SpiderVerse
Spider-Gwen Vol.0
Vol.1
Spider-Women
Vol.2?

Dangit, just bought.

Spiderverse (For the Pagecount)
Wolverine Weapon X (x3)
Thunderbolts (x2)

This is after countless purchases Sat/Sun. Agree with others here, this thread is dangerous.

Dangit, just bought.

Spiderverse (For the Pagecount)
Wolverine Weapon X (x3)
Thunderbolts (x2)

This is after countless purchases Sat/Sun. Agree with others here, this thread is dangerous.
Hehehe...

:p

Everyone is free to post their impressions in the monthly ComicGAF thread in Community btw.

BamfMeat

I'm the most disgusting x-nerd there is. I think I just bought about $100 worth of X-Books I didn't have. :|

That's a lot of comics to get crackin' on.

DeathPeak

Got the promo credit, any idea what it's worth? I see avengers vs XMen for$8.

Any of the 100 comics in the free promo link that Amazon e-mails you. Doesn't matter what the price of the comic. I was going to get the AvX collection for the value saved from the promo. Then I looked up reviews and decided to go with Planet Hulk instead.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Any of the 100 comics in the free promo link that Amazon e-mails you. Doesn't matter what the price of the comic. I was going to get the AvX collection for the value saved from the promo. Then I looked up reviews and decided to go with Planet Hulk instead.

That was a good decision.

Update at 145$

giphy.gif

BFIB

Nevermind, just went with Avengers/XMen, thanks.

I got
Deadpool classic 2-10
Grants new xmen
Marvel zombies
1602: FF
1602: new world
1602: Spider Man
Xmen Zero tolerance
Xmen the hunt for Prof x
Preist run on Panther
All of Brains run of DD and Jessica 1-4
Xmen the twelve and vs apocalypse
Inhumens
Black Widow itsy-Bitsy spider
Avengers forever

J_Viper

In regards to Jane Foster Thor, do I jump ahead to the Mighty Thor run, or do I need the two preceding volumes, Goddess of Thunder and the other one?

Fury451

Banned
Hells bells, I'll go in with one last splurge-

Is the Yost X-Force (starting with Angels and Demons) standalone and/or good? Loved Remender'S

What are some specific Spidey runs that are recommended? Have Kravens Last Hunt already, just looking for a couple more modernist stuff that are short contained arcs if possible.

Hells bells, I'll go in with one last splurge-

Is the Yost X-Force (starting with Angels and Demons) standalone and/or good? Loved Remender'S

What are some specific Spidey runs that are recommended? Have Kravens Last Hunt already, just looking for a couple more modernist stuff that are short contained arcs if possible.

Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man Vol 1-3

Any recommendations for self contained stuff that isn't marvel universe or star wars universe? Like any kind of solid, Watchmen-like one off or short series.

Exis

I pretty much am trying all the post-Serect Wars stuff and rebuying some things just for guided view, anything awesome I miss? I already had the vision.

Plus I ordered one of the new Fire tablets, cause really this is far more than the handful ofg titles I subscribe to on comixology.

Ultimates: Omniversal Vol. 1: Start With The Impossible
All-New, All-Different Avengers Vol. 1,2

Mockingbird Vol. 1: I Can Explain
Champions Vol. 1: Change The World
Avengers: Four
Ms. Marvel Vol. 3 & 4

Miracleman Vol. 1: A Dream Of Flying (Parental Advisory Edition)
Miracleman Vol. 2: The Red King Syndrome
Miracleman Vol. 3: Olympus

Squadron Supreme (Classic)
Squadron Supreme Vol. 1: By Any Means Necessary!
Squadron Supreme Vol. 2: Civil War II
Squadron Supreme Vol. 3: Finding Namor

Empress Book One

Karnak: The Flaw In All Things

Moon Knight Vol. 1: Lunatic
Moon Knight Vol. 2: Reincarnations

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Vol. 1 & 2

Spider-Man: Miles Morales Vol. 1 & 2
Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Vol. 1-3

Somewhere, there's a marketer crunching data, trying to classify customers by the number of months/years of Marvel Unlimited they spent on this sale, and trying to figure what's the impulse buy sweet spot.

I'm in the (hopefully lonely) category of people who bought Infinity Watch trades.

Any Ghost Rider recommendations?
Please don't I need to stop.

Read in this order recommended:

Ghost Rider By Daniel Way
Ghost Rider Vol. 1: Hell Bent & Heaven Bound
Ghost Rider Vol. 2: The Last Stand
Ghost Rider Vol. 3: Trials and Tribulations
Ghost Riders: Heaven's On Fire

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
all these people reading more Hickman books

😈😈😈

Fantastic Four threads are gonna have a whole lot less "lol who gives a shit about the ff"

Bernbaum

This sale effectively ruined comiXology sales for me. No future sale will ever be as enticing as this. Treated this as a one-off opportunity to snatch up as much as I could knowing that it'll be a long time before I ever buy any back issues through comiXology again.

I've done the math and have saved hundreds of dollars.

Dammit. Looks like some of them are, but there's overlap.

I guess I need Infinity to get everything?

You'll want it for two reasons IMO. First, the six issue Infinity miniseries does tie into the main story and you may get a little lost without them. Secondly, the story jumps between Avengers, New Avengers and Infinity and the Infinity trade should keep all of those chapters in order.

J_Viper

I'm looking through the samples of Bendis' All New X-Men, which looks very interesting, but the art seems to fall off a cliff after the fifth volume.

Can I just grab those first five volumes, or are Volumes 5 & 6 necessary?

You'll want it for two reasons IMO. First, the six issue Infinity miniseries does tie into the main story and you may get a little lost without them. Secondly, the story jumps between Avengers, New Avengers and Infinity and the Infinity trade should keep all of those chapters in order.

Alright I'll pick up infinity and remove the other two volumes from my reading order.

Thanks!

This sale . ..

Thanks. I thiiiiiiink that's the last of what I'm getting.

...no promises.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
all these people reading more Hickman books

😈😈😈

Fantastic Four threads are gonna have a whole lot less "lol who gives a shit about the ff"

do you know if the waid/wieringo books are listed in this?

This sale effectively ruined comiXology sales for me. No future sale will ever be as enticing as this. Treated this as a one-off opportunity to snatch up as much as I could knowing that it'll be a long time before I ever buy any back issues through comiXology again.

I've done the math and have saved hundreds of dollars.

Same. I will never buy back issues of Marvel's stuff off of Comixology or Amazon ever again until they do another of these sales even if it takes 10+ years. They need to at least make this a bi-yearly tradition.

Do you recommend the Garth Ennis Ghost Rider stuff?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Avengers and New Avengers had a crossover event titled Infinity and I'm not sure those issues are contained in the regular volumes.

Well wish I knew this earlier but talking with Amazon now and looking like I'll be able to get a refund on Avengers 3-4 and New Avengers Vol 2 and I'll just get Infinity instead.
edit:Whew just got the refunds and bought Infinity.

Well wish I knew this earlier but talking with Amazon now and looking like I'll be able to get a refund on Avengers 3-4 and New Avengers Vol 2 and I'll just get Infinity instead.
edit:Whew just got the refunds and bought Infinity.

Unless I'm missing something, avengers 3 is parts 12-17...while infinity starts at 14.

Meaning you'll miss 12 and 13?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is this insane Hickman Avengers/New Avengers/Infinity/Secret Wars arc worth the headache it seems to be?

If you're going to invest in an amazing Hickman ride, do the GOAT:

Brubaker Books of Doom
Lee/Jenkins Inhumans
Annhilation (vol 1-3)

Then Hickman's Magnum Opus:
Dark Reign: Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four vol 1-6
F4 vol 1-4

do you know if the waid/wieringo books are listed in this?

why you do this

Top Bottom