• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel going street level w/ Netflix (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Basically all these shows will be "darker" than the movies, and aspire to feel "different", buzzword buzzword buzzword. Nevertheless, I'm excited.

They'll all be in the same show by the end, in The Defenders.

Are you sure? There will be a Defenders mini, yeah. But that doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay one show. I can easily see Daredevil getting its own Season 2, while Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist could become a single show that counts as Season 2 to each character's individual journey.

Are you sure? There will be a Defenders mini, yeah. But that doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay one show. I can easily see Daredevil getting its own Season 2, while Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist could become a single show that counts as Season 2 to each character's individual journey.

Yeah that's probably how it will turn out, Daredevil gets a season 2 and the rest are consolidated into Heroes for Hire.

I've been thinking about how a Punisher series would work, since his villains are mostly dead after one or two encounters.

It'd definitely make a great conspiracy thriller show if Frank were to come across some sort of grand conspiracy and has to unravel it, forcing the shadowy bad guys to dispatch hard cases after him.

Also would be cool if they used Blackwell as an antagonist to Frank. I loved the storyline from the 90s book with Blackwell. He was a corrupt, murderous FBI agent who headed up an anti-vigilante task force. He goes nuts in his pursuit of Castle, eventually leading to Castle murdering him in full view of police and news media, which led to the Suicide Run and a crazy gauntlet battle as everyone goes out to kill him.

Pachimari

That's what I'm saying. That there will be a Defenders with all of the street heroes after their individual shows. Of course they could get Season 2s.

I don't know how my post could be misinterpreted.

duckroll

That's what I'm saying. That there will be a Defenders with all of the street heroes after their individual shows. Of course they could get Season 2s.

I don't know how my post could be misinterpreted.

He probably just misread your line as "they'll all be one show in the end" rather than "they'll all be in one show in the end". Lol.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://variety.com/2015/digital/new...cage-showrunner-cheo-hodari-coker-1201463456/

Cheo Hodari Coker chosen as showrunner for Luke Cage.

cheohodaricoker.jpg

Pachimari

I think this thread would be a fitting place for Marvel/Netflix series speculation, seeing that Daredevil and Jessica Jones have their own threads, soon Luke Cage will have his own thread as well.

But if you do a Punisher thread, I'm gonna subscribe. ;)

Ezalc

Wasn't there a time frame for when the other series would be shown? Jessica Jones is still this year right? Are the other two for 2016 then?

duckroll

Wasn't there a time frame for when the other series would be shown? Jessica Jones is still this year right? Are the other two for 2016 then?

Jessica Jones is shooting now. If they get it done in time, which they should, it will be out at the end of this year. Luke Cage has a showrunner now and is in pre-production, it will shoot later this year and should be out in the first half of 2016. Iron Fist has no casting, no showrunner, nothing. It should be a 2016 show as well if it gets made in time, but right now there isn't anything to go on.

Ithil

It's looking like two a year, in the late spring and late autumn. I'm expecting Luke Cage out about this time next year, and Iron Fist last 2016.

neoanarch

I wonder if the Netflix connection means they can get some of the Marco Polo designers and locations for Iron Fist. At least I hope its not entirely set in NY.

J10

Banned
Assuming they hit it right with Jessica Jones and the rest, Marvel will have set another trend for Superhero Hollywood to follow. It's gonna be difficult to settle for more stuff like Flash and SHIELD after Daredevil.

Assuming they hit it right with Jessica Jones and the rest, Marvel will have set another trend for Superhero Hollywood to follow. It's gonna be difficult to settle for more stuff like Flash and SHIELD after Daredevil.

Flash is fantastic. Daredevil is as well. No reason we can't have both light and fun and dark and brooding superhero shows.

Aeonin

I hope they eventually bring in Ghost Rider, Blade, and Punisher into their own Netflix properties. I would say that they can half the episodes of Daredevil however. Or heck, perhaps make them more like Sherlock with 3 episodes a 'season'. Like micro-trilogies.

J10

Banned
Flash is fantastic. Daredevil is as well. No reason we can't have both light and fun and dark and brooding superhero shows.

Flash isn't fantastic. Take away the spectacle and it would be getting shitted on every week for six episodes before it got cancelled. The writing is terrible and the acting is remedial, save one or two actors. Daredevil is the opposite.

BLACKLAC

15min into Ep 12. DD is honestly Netflix's best "Original" program.

I wonder what this means for the future between the two.

Honestly between the Big screen and Netflix, Marvel has a pretty vicious media stronghold going.

J10

Banned
There were definitely some seeds planted for Iron Fist in Daredevil.
Madame Gao, holy shit! That single tap blew Matt off his feet. Then that reference to not living in China, but somewhere much, much further away.

And she coyly talked about
divining information and contemplating the future. She's magic.

Toothless

My hopes for the line-up:

November 2015: AKA Jessica Jones
April 2016: Luke Cage
June 2016: Daredevil Season 2
October 2016: Iron Fist
December 2016: AKA Jessica Jones Season 2
March 2017: The Defenders

I'm guessing they might want to get these done with "Phase 1" by Infinity War. Don't know if they'll be involved, but might as well keep them open for that Movie crossover. I just wonder if Marvel Television has the capacity for all this rapid production, in addition to Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter, and that SHIELD spin-off their talking about.

Pipedream here but I was just thinking about Iron Fist and remembered The Raid's Gareth Evans saying that he'd be up for an Iron Fist movie if Marvel gave him the ok to make it R-rated. With the way Daredevil turned out I doubt he'd complain. Marvel should get him (+ Iko and Yayan) on board.

BLACKLAC

Pipedream here but I was just thinking about Iron Fist and remembered The Raid's Gareth Evans saying that he'd be up for an Iron Fist movie if Marvel gave him the ok to make it R-rated. With the way Daredevil turned out I doubt he'd complain. Marvel should get him (+ Iko and Yayan) on board.

Link?

Mr.Swag

Banned
Maybe he can direct the first couple episodes! Like Fincher with HoC

OMG, if that happpened...
TV-MA Iron Fist from Evans...

Seeing how Spiderman was described in the AoU press junket
There is a young kid [already] running around New York City in a homemade version of the Spider-Man costume in the MCU, you just don’t know it yet.
Street-level Spidey...please Marvel?

Protag

Banned
So i just finished episode 7 of Daredevil, and just to put it out there. These series has been nothing but quality. From cast, to acting, story and writing plus action scenes to fawn over, i have not been enamored with a TV series like this for years.

So i see the end of episode 7,
stick speaking with the long haired man with the scarred back, and their conversation
and i get excited. It seems like a set-up for season 2. Then i get to finding online that Marvel is planning a Defender's mini-series for Netflix, which will act as a conclusion to the Daredevil, Luke Cake and J.Jones & Iron Fist (i might be mistaken about the Iron fist series, im just guessing).

So is marvel planning to continue Daredevil as an ongoing series like House of Cards annor Orange, or are they planning to do two season, then the other street level heroes then the defenders mini series?

Because i honestly want Daredevil to stay, like i said, i have not been blown away by a TV series for years, and it'd be a shame if Daredevil only got 2 or three seasons, since there is soooo much to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom