• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

ev0

Logged in after a long while and saw all the presents. Not a glitch?

Also got this, didn't know they had random cards now, Worth it? (of course it is?)

345B8330011F27D4E3A0E2D8B07E6EDE1480929D

Ploid 3.0

Also got this, didn't know they had random cards now, Worth it? (of course it is?)

I know a photoshop when I see one. This is not a photoshop. Grats, I really mean it.

Hey guys, what if the daily draw depends on how long it was since you last logged on. Like Marvel Future Fight!

ev0

I know a photoshop when I see one. This is not a photoshop. Grats, I really mean it.

Hey guys, what if the daily draw depends on how long it was since you last logged on. Like Marvel Future Fight!

Ha, thanks. I wouldn't be surprised. Last time I logged in was during Civil War, and the most I ever spent was $20- and that was a code from an Nvidia bundle. I played the game a lot from 2014-2015 though.

The best part about your luck is that right now the massive 28k G bundle is available, and heroes/team ups/costumes are half off. You can pretty much buy yourself everything in the game for $20 (or equivalent currency).

Dec

I have logged in fairly consistently (at least every couple weeks) and spent a few hundred dollars when I got my 90% coupon.

They may give a higher chance to people they suspect wouldn't spend money otherwise, though.

I have logged in fairly consistently (at least every couple weeks) and spent a few hundred dollars when I got my 90% coupon.

They may give a higher chance to people they suspect wouldn't spend money otherwise, though.

What the heck did you spend a few hundred dollars on with a 90% off coupon???

Dec

What the heck did you spend a few hundred dollars on with a 90% off coupon???

I mean I had already spent a few hundred before getting a coupon. Just my anecdotal evidence that it is possible to get a 90% coupon as a long time player.

Edit: that was bad wording on my part for sure

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant login, clearly they are banning everyone that used the gifts >_>

Angelina

Banned
well it was certainly bugged yesterday like i suspected :D

I can say when this was posted this morning we did see it and I passed it up the chain. In short, Happy Holidays to you all today, looks like Santa was extra kind to folks this year. The feedback is noted about the stash 16s.

Cracklox

Logged in today and got a Venom character token. I thought the hero giveaway wasn't till Jan?

Sucks it wasn't Ultron, who's the only hero I don't have. It would have saved me having to play for 20 minutes to get the 3 splinters I need to buy him.

Logged in today and got a Venom character token. I thought the hero giveaway wasn't till Jan?

Sucks it wasn't Ultron, who's the only hero I don't have. It would have saved me having to play for 20 minutes to get the 3 splinters I need to buy him.

I just logged in and also got Venom. According to chat everyone is getting Venom. I suspect it's another mistake.

Ploid 3.0

These character tokens are clogging up my storage. They need to let us use them on level one characters for the ultimate upgrades.

zorbsie

I know everyone will think this is a photoshop, but this just happened!

On a serious note, got venom token as well today. Was thinking of buying Squirrel Girl, any thoughts? Is she a fun character to play as?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I know everyone will think this is a photoshop, but this just happened!

On a serious note, got venom token as well today. Was thinking of buying Squirrel Girl, any thoughts? Is she a fun character to play as?

she is after the patch hits

Volimar

I'm in this weird holding pattern of waiting for things to happen in all my games. Elite Dangerous, ESO's housing, and the big MH patches all in the pipeline.

I'm in this weird holding pattern of waiting for things to happen in all my games. Elite Dangerous, ESO's housing, and the big MH patches all in the pipeline.
I'm super interested in elite dangerous but 40 bucks is still too steep for me to jump in because i have to get the season pass.

Angelina

Banned
few things from asros inc long post

regarding talent to live

"When it is ready.

All kidding aside, we have a target date, but it is going to depend on getting our open bug count down (we've cut it in half in the last 2 weeks, which is a pretty amazing feat considering we had hundreds open) and how happy we are with the update overall.
Honestly, this isn't something we can hold on to much longer, we've had it on TC for several months and done some pretty big iterations, but we need to get it out there for everyone since we will get a whole different set of feedback from that. As we always do, we can and will iterate on things post launch.
The office is open today, tomorrow(but pretty sparse due to vacations) and then will be closed until next Tuesday. Once everyone gets back in next week, we'll start iterating based off of the last round of feedback from TC and get a new build up for folks to test."

regarding the wah wah wah more content please

This is something we have been talking about a lot. After we ship the talent update, some of us will be moving on to doing a nose to toes review of our different endgame modes. There has been a small team I've been a part of that has done some initial reviews and proposed some changes to give our end game modes more direction, purpose and replayability.

As for the "we want more content" statements, we know that this is something players want. However, our old method of content creation just wasn't cost effective. We would have content content spend months working on content that players would churn through in a few minutes. Secret Invasion/Chapter 10 was in development for the better part of a year and players pushed through it in a half hour or so and asked "Whats next?". Even smaller pieces of content like Dark Dimensions required several weeks of designer time, not to mention environment art, vfx, etc. For a small studio like us, it is not a quick or cheap process. It is why you would see us pivoting from talking about things like Red Axis or Thanos Raid because they are bigger/more expensive pieces of content to things like Danger Room. Danger Room was planned to be more modular content that we could more easily maintain, but due to staff turnover and other prioritization, we weren't able to support it as we originally intended.

The key things we need before we can even start to talk about creating new content are pretty big. First, better hero functionality and balance, including movement changes. Infinite dashes and teleports makes the game so fast that so much of the environmental work or encounter design we do is completely lost to the player or has to be done in a way that is super annoying and spammy/one shotty. Slowing the gameplay down to be more tactical is a must in order to make the gameplay more enjoyable and require actual thought/strategy. Zerging might be fun for some things and some people, but think about some of your favorite bosses or levels from all the video games you've played in your life. I'm pretty sure bosses you could zerg and ignore mechanics aren't on that list.

Second, we need to build a framework for the end game. I've talked previously about a gameplay loop. A loop is something to always give players something to do when they log in. It can be something as simple as "Farm this zone for keys to zone 2, do zone 2 to get gear for zone 3". You go through that loop and always have things to work towards. Doing something like that requires and overall plan and structure that gives all the different modes(of which we have MANY) a purpose rather than just a different way to farm the same items, or hell, even new items. Once you get all the new items from a new zone, why go back and replay it? That is the kind of sustainability you need to get a good content system put together. We have some pretty awesome designs in place that I hope we can do, because it is stuff that no other MMO has ever done before and I think could be really huge for us.

We have plans for new content, but right now the main focus is getting heroes feeling more modern and getting the Difficulty Slider tech in and balanced well. With those 2 things, the pipeline for content creation becomes much clearer and smoother.

I know i've said it recently, but since having @TheArtofRawr and our new Creative Director(who worked on MH previously) and most importantly the Lead Content Designer @JZB (who is made amazing content for many big name MMO's) leading our (much larger) design team over the course of the last 6 months, we have some really good things in store.

We have a real bright future ahead for the team and the game. I'm stupidly excited to come in to work every day and see what we will be working on next.

Ploid 3.0

Danger Room was planned to be more modular content that we could more easily maintain, but due to staff turnover and other prioritization, we weren't able to support it as we originally intended.

Sad

It's ??? to me that they're saying content isn't worth the amount of manpower it takes to generate (this is obvious) but at the same time not putting the time and effort into Danger Room or some other procedural content generation. I'm sure it's a lot of work but if you do it right it's a method of providing meaningful content in perpetuity. It should take priority.

Ploid 3.0

It's ??? to me that they're saying content isn't worth the amount of manpower it takes to generate (this is obvious) but at the same time not putting the time and effort into Danger Room or some other procedural content generation. I'm sure it's a lot of work but if you do it right it's a method of providing meaningful content in perpetuity. It should take priority.

I think they may be hoping difficulty sliders will keep people busy. New Omega gear, and remastering the chapters makes it seem that way. I don't like that the tweaking of the already made chapters are taking so much focus away from new stuff, but I guess it's for a larger amount of people, especially new players. I hope it is all worth it.

Logged in to 3 holiday Herbies. OK, sure.

Thought I was the only one lol.
I have pets on my team-up inventory and except for the 24h chest the team-up inventory is full with pets. And that's not even all of them, I left the crafter/vendor pets stashed.

Top Bottom