• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes Omega Shutting Down Immediately

This came out of nowhere. Logged onto my PS4 and got a refund notice that all my purchases on this will be refunded.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/whe...-shut-down-there-are-hardly-any-happy-endings

It happened quickly. On November 15, Marvel announced that it was severing ties with Gazillion Entertainment, the developers behind the Action RPG Marvel Heroes. Then the company announced that servers for the game would be shutting down permanently at the end of the year before changing the closing date again to the end of November. And before anyone could process what was happening, Marvel Heroes was gone

It was in the OT. I was gonna try to sweep the achievements before the shutdown, but they closed it earlier than they said before,

It was in the OT. I was gonna try to sweep the achievements before the shutdown, but they closed it earlier than they said before,

Ahh, well I guess I wasn't paying enough attention lately. It still seemed to come up fast. I hadn't played the PS4 version too much due to new games but wow.

Was there something really wrong going on at Gazillion, or is this a case where Warner Bros can swoop in and get them to make a DC game like this instead of the Infinite Crisis Moba? Because that's what I always wanted. Now both of those games are shut down, the irony.

Ahh, well I guess I wasn't paying enough attention lately. It still seemed to come up fast. I hadn't played the PS4 version too much due to new games but wow.

Was there something really wrong going on at Gazillion, or is this a case where Warner Bros can swoop in and get them to make a DC game like this instead of the Infinite Crisis Moba? Because that's what I always wanted. Now both of those games are shut down, the irony.

I'm not too in the loop, but there was some weinstein-esqie controversy, and the company was scaling back anyway so Marvel pulled the liscense

Finaika

I would kill for a DC Heroes game :(

Flux

I wanted to try that too but the Devs just packed up early. What a scummy thing to do considering people have paid money for skins and heroes.

Zurick

Banned
I wanted to try that too but the Devs just packed up early. What a scummy thing to do considering people have paid money for skins and heroes.

We didn't pack it up early. We were laid off the day before Thanksgiving with the sudden news the game was closing earlier than we said.

Goodbye best Emma.

giphy.gif

i586

Neo Member
We didn't pack it up early. We were laid off the day before Thanksgiving with the sudden news the game was closing earlier than we said.

I'm sorry for you guys.

You had made a good game. I tried it a few times personnaly and i was waiting for Xbox One X release + patch to get back to it.. Guess it will never happen :(
Your game was bringing some "fresh air" to this trend of "moba style" and other cards games.

Anyway, i hope you will find all another project quickly to keep you and your talents busy.

Lilseb93

It really sucks to see people fired before the holiday season. I hope everyone rebounds and finds a new job.

Top Bottom