• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes |OT| GAF Assemble

KePoW

Banned
I'm the middle of a standard Thursday work day so all that steam crying is pretty funny to me. Of course if it STILL isn't patched and ready for me around 7 tonight, then everyone is awful forever and gaz will feel my wrath until the end times.

You're so selfish and uncaring about others!! I thought you were different broski...

inky

I'm the middle of a standard Thursday work day so all that steam crying is pretty funny to me. Of course if it STILL isn't patched and ready for me around 7 tonight, then everyone is awful forever and gaz will feel my wrath until the end times.

30 hours after I placed my Order for Naxx Wing 2 in Hearthstone I'm still waiting for it to let me play, LOL. It also locked me out of Arena and took my gold :p

yeah but you people don't count

PoorClearcutHypacrosaurus.gif

Dec

Hey all,

Our Steam patch is still cooking - just wanted to drop in for an update.

We are currently threatening that machine profusely so it speeds up.

Sheesh. Had to redo the whole update. Seems like it was definitely on Gaz' end.

Edit: Patch is live.. 3.5GB?

Dec

That's pretty big.

They might just be a lot of back-end stuff to set up for future things (bronx and what-not).

Same patch was 1.5GB on their own client. Think they just broke something.

Holy fucking SHIT. I was strongly considering getting Iron Mans Hulkbuster costume instead of Rocket's movie costume. I bought Starlords movie costume, got a random box and fucking BOOM. Hulk Buster IM.

KePoW

Banned
Same patch was 1.5GB on their own client. Think they just broke something.

Holy fucking SHIT. I was strongly considering getting Iron Mans Hulkbuster costume instead of Rocket's movie costume. I bought Starlords movie costume, got a random box and fucking BOOM. Hulk Buster IM.

Wtf man!! You always get all the luck, aren't you the guy who never gets dupes or anything?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh yeah I just rememberd that I'll be able to toss starlord's default costume in the blender tonight for a random! Hopefully it will be something cool. I like some of the Black Panther ones.

or Moon Knight. Or Strange.

KePoW

Banned
Oh yeah I just rememberd that I'll be able to toss starlord's default costume in the blender tonight for a random! Hopefully it will be something cool. I like some of the Black Panther ones.

or Moon Knight. Or Strange.

Do you have Thing's Black Jersey costume yet?

So, playing Star-Lord to a bit over 20 so far, I don't like the element gun beyond the basic with the wind ammo, which is great for trash mob clearing (the regular gun basic ain't, really). I don't like the other ammo types I've tried so far (earth and fire), and neither do I like the Elemental Barrage move all that much.
The middle tree is really awesome, though, I love the orbital strike moves. Cryo grenade also is really cool, no pun intended. I'm definitely looking forward to trying out the other moves in the first tree once I unlock 'em.

LOL is that actually from the movie, or is that a photoshop job?

What do you think?
It's neither, that's trailer-exclusive footage.

Dec

You can buy the character packs on Steam and it will add a CD key option on Marvel Heroes when you right click in in Steam, then give them the key to redeem on the site. Probably the easiest way to gift, but limited selection.

Vecks

is there a way to gift G?

I don't believe there's directly a way to do so. If you're in the US, I think they sell Marvel Heroes gift cards at gamestop. Or if your friend is using steam, you could use steam wallet gift card instead to send them money, and they can use that to buy G's in game, as it'll take it out of the steam wallet.

Dec

hey dec buddie, did ur keybindings get reset today by chance??

Something strange going on there. Mouse smoothing went back to true, and in-game my keybinds show as default, but they are actually the same as they were.

Like in the keybinds options it says my key binds are qwer etc. but on my actual hotbar they show the correct asdf.

Change your keybinds in game to what you want, set all your .ini edits, then set MarvelInput.ini to read only. So updates wont break stuff anymore.

KePoW

Banned
Something strange going on there. Mouse smoothing went back to true, and in-game my keybinds show as default, but they are actually the same as they were.

Like in the keybinds options it says my key binds are qwer etc. but on my actual hotbar they show the correct asdf.

Change your keybinds in game to what you want, set all your .ini edits, then set MarvelInput.ini to read only. So updates wont break stuff anymore.

Ok yeah, the Options UI in game showed all default keys too but it acted weird!

I'm getting there. My crafter and enchanter are max, my weapon vendor 17. I forgot where my gear vendor is, he's at like 4 or 5 or so lol.

I wasn't even going to bother with them originally, but it just seemed silly not to keep doing the Gear/Weapon vendors when I was just selling all my crap (and a lot of the time I was at money cap anyway).

Ploid 3.0

It sounds like the Rocket Review is pretty bleh. The new Ultra is worse than the old, just as I thought it would be ( <3 Old one so much). His damage sounds like it's slightly worse.

Dec

It sounds like the Rocket Review is pretty bleh. The new Ultra is worse than the old, just as I thought it would be ( <3 Old one so much). His damage sounds like it's slightly worse.

From what I've seen his summon build is largely unchanged, and what is changed is a nerf, other than Groot actually attacking instead of just standing around. His gunner build has more options but is still lacking in dps compared to other range heroes?

I had G saved for his movie costume and spent it on something else.

Why do they do this :(

Doesn't give me much hope for DP's eventual 52 review. I bet they stuff it up.

Indignate

Got Crafter to lvl 20!

And found out that blending was 2 UMs. Thought it was just a single one!

Anyways, pulled Star-Lord Movie, Noir Cage, and Classic Storm.

First two are great, but I'm not digging the Storm one. That'll go back in eventually.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm liking starlord, but the element gun animations make him kind of clunky. Like I'l have to press the keys for grenade or ship abilities a few times in a row to make sure they actually go off.

Yeah you can sell/donate/delete em.

Also, I went to the homepage to redeem those keys, but then I saw this:
fapCLxU.png

Might be avatar-worthy at some point.

Anoregon

that groot face never gets any less horrifying.

At least they got the movie costume right.

Well they get the 3D models directly from Marvel studios, they can't do them wrong. But yeah, I'll probably buy that costume. I've never been a fan of Rocket's looks in this game, which is one of the reasons why I'm not enjoying playing him as much even though he's one of my favorite Marvel characters, and I like his playstyle. But the movie alt is awesome. There was so many possibilities they could've fucked it up like they're doing in the books and cartoons and many games, but they just made an actual raccoon in a sci-fi suit, and it looks cool.

The high-res preview pic they showed for RR's movie costume looked like an image wrapped over the model, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was provided.

Top Bottom