• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest developer to fans: "You're supposed to lose."

Well this kinda timesink shit is why I don't play these kinds of games but nothing I'm reading there sounds particularly unreasonable relatively speaking

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Sounds like a massive end boss in a quarter muncher arcade game. Only this is a far grander scale, that is literally involving all players working together, towards the same goal.

I don't see a problem. It's like a major event crossing over with all players. Pretty neat actually.

kswiston

Sounds like a massive end boss in a quarter muncher arcade game. Only this is a far grander scale, that is literally involving all players working together, towards the same goal.

I don't see a problem. It's like a major event crossing over with all players. Pretty neat actually.

They sell health packs for real money, and high level characters take like 6+ hours to regenerate their health if you don't use a pack when I last played. Seems like a money grab in the guise of a community event.

hamchan

I used to play this game a lot and it seems like it has always had problems with the game design and balance, especially with how they used to handle PvP. The official forums were always complaining about the game and am unsurprised to see that continue.

Anyways, the game is coming to consoles apparently without the F2P mechanics so that will probably be decent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Puzzle Quest was one of my favorite games on the DS. I'm sad to see it completely gutted by freemium b.s. I would pay 30+ dollars for the gameplay of marvel heroes alone, but the needing to upgrade heroes, needing to pay for more slots to even collect more heroes, needing to upgrade hero powers, needing to use consumable health packs to keep playing= no thanks.

The only groups that will beat Galactus are those that will buy and use consumable health packs.

Good news, it's releasing on consoles at $15 without micro transactions.

This "outrage" from the players (I suspect) comes from the niggling suspicion that the devs of MPQ perpetually fuck them hard over nearly everything. It's one of the more offensive games when it comes to microtransactions and grinding.

So...when they do something like Galactus which isn't particularly egregious, the player base whines nonetheless because they are already upset/salty.

The best thing to do with MPQ is to just delete it from your phone/Steam.

Top Bottom