• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance PC/PS4/XB1 getting fixes and DLC thanks to Marvel Games!

Marvel and Disney definitely want to avoid brand tarnishing especially when their plans for the video game market are just ramping up.

Their contract with activision almost certainly has a tough quality clause. I'd hate to be the guy who picked up the call from Marvel corporate about this.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
May have to end up snagging this when the fixes hit
though maybe after a price drop

Good on Marvel for getting it done.

Ugh. They need to fix that, too. I don't understand why performance is so bad for these 10 year old games.

The original game was 30, I believe, with multiple drops. So in that respect, it runs better, but it would have been even better if they locked it at 30.

Roshin

Good on Marvel for putting pressure on Activision to fix the ports. Bad on Activision for releasing the ports in this state to begin with.

We'll see what comes out of this.

SFenton

Wolverine Origins?
X-Men Legends 1 and 2?
Deadpool?
The Beenox Spiderman games?

Yep.

Outside of MvC, I can't think of any console Marvel game that was a critical and commercial darling, as well as a game that was generally liked or loved by gamers, that wasn't published by Activision.

In fact, weren't the only notable ones besides MvC in the last ten years Marvel Nemesis, Iron Man, and Captain America?

What if Marvel staged the shitty port, made Activision look bad just to wait a few days and then go "WE'LL SAVE THE PORT" just so their game division looks better and gains the respect of everyone who bought this?
/s

I'm glad they're fixing the issues as I was hyped to play these in Co Op!

Tizoc

Yep.

Outside of MvC, I can't think of any console Marvel game that was a critical and commercial darling, as well as a game that was generally liked or loved by gamers, that wasn't published by Activision.

In fact, weren't the only notable ones besides MvC in the last ten years Marvel Nemesis, Iron Man, and Captain America?

SEGA tried their hand at making Marvel games during the early years of their movie boom.
Out of all that though, I think the handheld Thor games were the only good ones.

LiK

Marvel is serious about their licensed properties way more these days. Even ports of old games. God bless.

SEGA tried their hand at making Marvel games during the early years of their movie boom.
Out of all that though, I think the handheld Thor games were the only good ones.

Captain America was actually really fun. Good Batman Arkham copy with its own lil quirks. I loved that it had the voices (except Red Skull) from the actors and was actually canon.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
It's too bad most of the great Marvel games (Spidey 2, Legends 2 and Origins Wolverine) are under Activision -_-

At least Marvel Games now knows they need to keep a watchful eye on any further Activision remasters/re-releases. I'd like to see Wolverine get a re-release with modern bells and whistles, for sure.

Marvel is serious about their licensed properties way more these days. Even ports of old games. God bless.

Captain America was actually really fun. Good Batman Arkham copy with its own lil quirks. I loved that it had the voices (except Red Skull) from the actors and was actually canon.

And the Wii version of Captain America is even better than the 360/PS3 one. It's a different game with similar mechanics and a cartoony look which is more faithful to the comics. A really fun action game that everybody ignored because it's a licensed game on the Wii but it's one of the better Marvel games.

AHA-Lambda

Wow! O_O

Marvel don't take any shit! Can't believe someone is finally taking ATVI to task for shitty practices :D
Now if only they'd fix the price!

Rymuth

Kingpin doesn't play, I can only imagine how bloody Activision looks after that "conversation."

tumblr_o4ggii79s01sohofko4_400.gif

Corpekata

Banned
Wolverine Origins?
X-Men Legends 1 and 2?
Deadpool?
The Beenox Spiderman games?

Nearly a decade old, actually a decade old, terrible and solid games at best. Deadpool in particular is an example of why Activision's partnership sucked, and would probably be the best example if X-Men Destiny didn't exist.

And it's not like they have been making good games lately, and they've now done two shitty ports in the last year. What about their recent history, or hell, the last FIVE YEARS suggests it's a good idea to work with them again?

Neoxon

Yep.

You forgot the Lego Marvel games.

JP

Damn, really wasn't expecting that. It doesn't like it;s happening from that Tweet but I'd also love a 30fps lock the console version of the first game if they can't/won't push it to 60fps.

Now if they could just get the price down to $40 for the bundle instead of $60 they'd be in good shape

I'm glad it looks like Marvel isn't working with Activision on future games if the way Activision handled this is any indicator about how much they care about Marvel's stuff

Neoxon

Now if they could just get the price down to $40 for the bundle instead of $60 they'd be in good shape

I'm glad it looks like Marvel isn't working with Activision on future games if the way Activision handled this is any indicator about how much they care about Marvel's stuff
Wouldn't this screw over existing owners?

Well, MUA1 goes back on the steam wishlist in light of recent events.

Thank you Marvel, and please, please never partner with Activision ever again.

Which is probably going to happen because modern marvel and Disney do not play.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Activision is just the worst when it comes to licensed games. The closest thing to an Acclaim or LJN in our times.

Lord Phol

Wow I honestly didn't expect such a turn around for these particular games. Really glad though, kudos to Marvel Games for calling Activision out on their bullshit. Bill Roseman is bound to get some serious street cred in the eyes of the internet masses from all this.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm glad Marvel took a 'What the hell, Activision?' approach to this. It seems pretty clear they want to make some quality games for good money here, not just cheap cash-ins.

Encouraging news. Good on whoever set this up to fix. A little late but at least it's happening. The price still needs fixing but at least they are boosting the value by adding the DLC.

Marvel can win the hearts of even more gamers if they announce MvC4 like tomorrow or something lol. Seriously Disney whens MAHVEL!!!!!????

please disney i beg you atleast release a new patch or version of MvC3. Revitalize the hypest fighting game of the last 10 years.

Mvc4 is never. Ever. Happening.

You may get a injustice done in the Marvel style one day. But that's it.

Neoxon

Mvc4 is never. Ever. Happening.

You may get a injustice done in the Marvel style one day. But that's it.
This I would prefer
NRS is kinda locked down to DC thanks to being fully owned by WB Games, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. We only got the Lego Marvel games thanks to the Lego license.

Also, I wouldn't say never. Unlikely, sure, but it's not impossible. It's more likely than MvC3 was before it was revealed.

Some Nobody

Only Matt could find a way to get brutalized by a villain he's already beaten and who's already in jail lol. I don't think Parker's even got luck that bad.

In any case, making sure the port shipped in a playable state is nice and all but that was standard. Now come to your senses and stop charging $60 for games that are old as fuck.

NRS is kinda locked down to DC thanks to being fully owned by WB Games, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. We only got the Lego Marvel games thanks to the Lego license.

Also, I wouldn't say never. Unlikely, sure, but it's not impossible. It's more likely than MvC3 was before it was revealed.
Deosn't have to be by NRS
Lego Marvel v. DC by Netherrealm

BRICKALITY
FRIENDSHIP
ASSEMBLE-ALITY

:p
So awesome

Top Bottom