• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashiwaba

I have nothing wrong with the model on paper it's just how Capcom executed it, and has proceeded with it.

Front loading the few modes with ingame currency, then asking us to grind out stages and characters while gaining 50FM a pop while the later costs 70,000 and 100,000 is pretty nuts. Adding in weekly trials for a few hundred maxing at 5000 helps but not that much.

AND NOW they are adding additional challenges for earning fight money, but they are behind a paywall... so why the hell am I paying to get boosts for ingame currency so I don't have to use real world currency to get this stuff...

Like I said on paper, golden. Their general plan for it though has been pretty slipshod the entire way and reeks of "we did not completely think it through." No matter how much I enjoy my time playing SFV, I fully admit to their being some flat out wonk to it all.

Weekly challenges give you 5~7k per week which means 20~28k each month meaning you can unlock 1 character every 3~4 months (not counting leveling up money or any other single player mode money), and Capcom releases 6 characters per year so basically just the weekly challenges can get you to unlock 3or4/6 characters every season.

Yeah, I really don't have an issue with SFV's way of handling things.

I have every DLC character and I didn't pay jack for them. Did it consist of some rage inducing nights of Survival Mode to get as much FM as I did? Yeah. Made me even consider jumping out the window a few times.

Despite that, I like the fact that I have them all and still have enough for a few more characters.

I know dahbomb believes they'll remain that way, but it comes off as an early build thing.

Even Chris' boulder punches looked a bit too slow at times. I find it hard to believe orbs is going to remain that slow.

BossRush

It's been buffed in one way (back to being a Lv1 super) but yeah it's pretty slow right now. Game is still 5 months out so it could easily be sped up by then

Well no it's not just that. It fires automatically without strider pressing any buttons, and even when he's hitting buttons it doesn't fire more orbs to correspond to that. It just fires the same two orbs at a set interval.

SSF4 was the best model, with arcade edition and ultra being both paid DLC upgrades or new discs if you want it to be. The larger lump of characters at once and the name change brings a hell of a lot more people back into the game at once than a character here and there which none of my friends even buy(or return to the game) unless its specifically the one they've been waiting for.

Thats what they should do going forward, if you ask me.

FLAguy954

cce.jpg

aka yup it's MvC

deleted

Normally, MvC is visually way to hectic for me to really enjoy. This looks really clean in it's visual language. Nothing too absurd or energetic going on in the background and the characters all look very smooth and distant from the stage itself. Maybe it'll be the first MvC that I'll try!

It's the same reason, I enjoy Mario Kart more than Sonic Racing. The stages and the music are a clean distinction to the hectic gameplay in Mario Kart and way too busy in Sonic Racing for me.

Neoxon

SSF4 was the best model, with arcade edition and ultra being both paid DLC upgrades or new discs if you want it to be. The larger lump of characters at once and the name change brings a hell of a lot more people back into the game at once than a character here and there which none of my friends even buy(or return to the game) unless its specifically the one they've been waiting for.

Thats what they should do going forward, if you ask me.
But at the same time, those updates locked balance updates behind a paywall, thus splitting the player-base.

nded

Normally, MvC is visually way to hectic for me to really enjoy. This looks really clean in it's visual language. Nothing too absurd or energetic going on in the background and the characters all look very smooth and distant from the stage itself. Maybe it'll be the first MvC that I'll try!

It's the same reason, I enjoy Mario Kart more than Sonic Racing. The stages and the music are a clean distinction to the hectic gameplay in Mario Kart and way too busy in Sonic Racing for me.

Footage looks about as hectic as previous Vs. games to me. The only difference is it looks like someone turned down the color saturation and contrast. That and the weird faces.

vg260

Well, you're right about one part. There is nothing energetic going on. There's absolutely nothing at going on at all. That sucks. They are just boring completely empty uninteresting environments. There doesn't need to be some sort of pshychadelic acid trip going on in the background, but the ones seen so far are absolutely lifeless and uninteresting. There aren't really many visually appealing environmental details, lighting, etc. They might as well be a 2D backdrop. Look at some of the stages in MvC3. Stages like Asgard, Kattelox Island were pretty and colorful and fun with just enough little touches and flair.

Stages are part of what makes fighters visually appealing, and these are not. The merging of locations is an OK idea, but they're not really making the stages that fun or interesting from the little we've seen. That is not a good thing. Of course, we're barely seen anything, so hopefully that changes, but with this being so close, who know what kind of visual changes they can do.

Well, you're right about one part. There is nothing energetic going on. There's absolutely nothing at going on at all. That sucks. They are just boring completely empty uninteresting environments. There doesn't need to be some sort of pshychadelic acid trip going on in the background, but the ones seen so far are absolutely lifeless and uninteresting. There aren't really many visually appealing environmental details, lighting, etc. They might as well be a 2D backdrop. Look at some of the stages in MvC3. Stages like Asgard, Kattelox Island were pretty and colorful and fun with just enough little touches and flair.

Stages are part of what makes fighters visually appealing, and these are not. The merging of locations is an OK idea, but they're not really making the stages that fun or interesting from the little we've seen. That is not a good thing. Of course, we're barely seen anything, so hopefully that changes, but with this being so close, who know what kind of visual changes they can do.
thought i was the only one..
don't get me wrong, i'll buy it anyway, but it seems a bit "dead" as far as environments//backgrounds go :|

SnakeEyez

It would suck if after all that wait the footage is the same as yesterdays leak.

Well the game play footage that leaked looks to be B roll footage, so even if it's the same video, it'll be in trailer form to add hype. If that is the case, hopefully we get some kind of explanation on modes like Capcom has done before

HardRojo

So it seems you can keep comboing SFxT style once you tag in your partner and DHCs seem to be in there (if that Chris to Hawkeye transition is actually a continuous attack).

deleted

Footage looks about as hectic as previous Vs. games to me. The only difference is it looks like someone turned down the color saturation and contrast. That and the weird faces.

Well, I don't mind the rather stiff kinda-2D backgrounds, I disliked a lot of stuff that was going on in SFIV and SFxT in the backgrounds e.g. - but that's me, I can see the appeal in stages where a lot of stuff is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom