• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
EvUuvdK.png

Announced after last night's mid-season finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot is an upcoming 6 episode mini-web-series set before the events of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4 following the speedster-Inhuman-turned-spy, Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez, the eponymous Slingshot.

Blurb:
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot is set in the world of the hit television series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Taking place shortly before the beginning of Season 4, this digital series features the character of Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez (Natalia Cordova-Buckley), an Inhuman with the ability to move with super-speed. As a person with powers, she must sign the recently instituted Sokovia Accords, the worldwide agreement that regulates and tracks those with super powers. However, the restrictions of the Accords are in direct conflict with a personal mission she's desperate to fulfill, a mission that will test her abilities, her allegiances, and will include some tense encounters with our most popular S.H.I.E.L.D. team members.

It launches Tuesday, 13 December and will run for 6 weeks, and be 3-6 minutes each episode. Honestly this was super unexpected, I expected a Ghost Rider series announcement, considering how good he was all season.

Still, basically an 18-36 minutes, Yo-Yo focused mini-episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. split over the break is nice, I guess? Also, with this announcement comes the fact that AoS is coming back immediately after this is over, so that's a brief break as well, all things considered.

Site

Searched but didn't find a topic. Spin me off if old.

Layell

I always treated Marvel TV as expanded universe level stuff, and now they expand the expansion. Well okay then.

PS: Should I get into AoS?

I always treated Marvel TV as expanded universe level stuff, and now they expand the expansion. Well okay then.

Yep. It's more or less a climb upward in quality as it moves forward. Season 4a that just finished up last night was fantastic TV.

Penguin

set in the world of the hit television series Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Some of those words don't belong in that sentence, but I guess it works since don't have a hiatus show to fill the gap this year

Yeah. It starts a bit rough though.

AoS Season 1 started in September 2013 and ended in May 2014. Captain America: The Winter Soldier debuted in theaters on April 2014. The Winter Soldier had a pretty big event that pushed the MCU forward. When AoS does not always use characters from the movies, it does operate in the same time period. Because if this much of early S1 feels like it is spinning its wheels until the thing happens, and because it happens the show get another layer to add that made it really good. It instantly made it a better show.

So yeah. Early season 1 is rough but it ends strong. Season 2 is solid. It continues on from the end of Season 1 and does its own thing (which is really good). Season 3 is a bit of a step down IMO, but still good in place. It had some pacing issues - but those should be ironed out if you are not forced to wait a week between episodes. Season 4 is arguably the best the show has been. It moved to a slighter later timeslot on ABC and feels gritter because of that.

Jag

Honestly a little sick of speedsters after Flash, X-Men and Avengers. SHIELD had its best season yet, but Yo-Yo was a bit weak.

Gotta love Marvel TV's drive for diversity at the very least. There are many characters they could have focused on in a mini-series from their roster so it's good to see them pick a female superhero AND an immigrant from Latin America to boot.

Ricker

Awww not available in Canada...oh well ;)

Wasnt crazy about how they portrayed her speed in the last episode,slow motion to give the impression of speed never does it for me.

SeanC

She's got some serious powers, probably too OP honestly for what the show needs, so there's something there to play with on that.

Maybe they know the character doesn't have a lot going on in the show but outside of that they can do more with her. I like the actress, they just need more for Yo Yo story-wise and this is a way to fix that.

Jag

Basically every half season they do a change... Season 3 was "Secret Warriors" and then "Fallen Agent", and now "Ghost Rider" and "LMD"

I totally love this. It's another nod to comic arcs. And it always bothered me that so many shows don't change their intros as the show evolves. More shows should do this.

Infinite

starts off slow but gets better in the latter end of season one and season two is pretty great. season 3 takes a dive tho

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Cannot believe I just found out about this. I love the character so more of her is a plus. I hope Mack makes an appearance

I really need to catch up, stopped watching during the second season. Started getting interested again once Ghost Rider was announced. Worth it?

Glass Rebel

Unless you're a completionist, I'd suggest using a watch guide for the first season because it's unbearably bad at times but Season 2 is great, Season 3 is decent and Season 4 has been fantastic so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom