• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil debuting on Netflix on April 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What the hell is happening? I'M SORRY!" will always make me laugh

It also makes me want a Cyclops film, just so the thread can be called "SOMEBODY TURN OFF THE PUNCH DIMENSION"

maxcriden

I really don't want them to rush his transformation from blinded kid to full-on Daredevil. I'm hoping the first few episodes are just about developing Kingpin and his organizations and showing Stick training Matt. The best thing Frank Miller did for Daredevil was introduce his old mentor Stick. That made his abilities a lot more believable.

Oh, I'm all for that. For sure. I just want a zippier, less contemplative pace than Bloodline was in terms of the pacing of the individual eps. That show was just super slow. They can have Matt's transformation not be rushed while still keeping a steady pace with a feeling of forward momentum.

Quick

Banned
So many good titles.

On another note, I finally finished the 2011-2014 run by Mark Waid and Paolo Rivera. So damn good. Now I have the new series to read.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I will never understand the GAF love for terrible thread titles. Just piles of unfunny in-jokes....

Marvel's Daredevil |OT|

How fast are you planning on watching the show?
I think i'll end up watching about 3-5 episodes a day, so should be able to finish on the weekend. Most likely won't but we'll see how interesting and good it is, maybe i won't be able to stop.

_Ryo_

Alternate take.

Daredevil [OT] Clear Defense, Blind justice.

or the reverse

Daredevil [OT] Blind Defense, Clear Justice.

It's a take on his being a lawyer, blind, and a vigilante

jmood88

I think i'll end up watching about 3-5 episodes a day, so should be able to finish on the weekend. Most likely won't but we'll see how interesting and good it is, maybe i won't be able to stop.
I'll watch the series as fast as I can. I tore my Achilles' tendon so I can do nothing but watch this all day on the 10th.

Quick

Banned
So psyched for this..
Cannot wait to binge-watch..
Also... am I the only one who didn't hate the Affleck Daredevil movie?

I thought it did the origin story pretty well. I would've liked the inclusion of Stick, but they could only cram so much. I liked that they kept it to a narrated flashback and jumped into an already established Daredevil.

I'd probably end up doing a couple of episodes a day. Each episode is 60 minutes, so going for a full binge-watch might not be ideal.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Friday work day will probably be the slowest thing on earth, might have to dip out early at like 3:30, get home by 4, get high and dig in.

I figure we'll get done by Monday or Tuesday. Like others have said, at 60 minutes a pop they may not be super bingeable.

BLACKLAC

Friday work day will probably be the slowest thing on earth, might have to dip out early at like 3:30, get home by 4, get high and dig in.

I figure we'll get done by Monday or Tuesday. Like others have said, at 60 minutes a pop they may not be super bingeable.

Pfff. If I can binge House of Cards and Orange is the new Black, Daredevil will be no problem.

bigmase21

I have that whole weekend(Thursday-Sat here in Bahrain) off and the 10th is my 24th birthday! I was thinking of going all the way through it but I want to savor and enjoy this series, so 5 episodes Friday afternoon, 5 Saturday morning/afternoon, then after work on Sunday the last 3

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
We will buy a good bottle of red wine, order two pizzas and watch it in one go.

AMUSIX

Justice is Blind is nice, but a touch too obvious....Legally Blind is the superior version...and it's fun.

I suppose if he were a judge, I'd lean more towards Justice is Blind...

In going to repost all my "good" title suggestions since I think I made a few.

Daredevil |OT| Law & Order: Kingpin's Intent
Daredevil |OT| Law & Order: Blind Street Justice

Daredevil |OT| Justice is Blind; Love is Deadly

Daredevil |OT| Court Room Brawler, Street Level Lawyer
Daredevil |OT| Day Court Lawyer, Night Street Brawler

Daredevil |OT| Hell's Kitchen is the Devil's Playground

Daredevil |OT| See No Evil, Hear All Evil
Daredevil |OT| Blind Justice: See No Evil, Hear All Evil

Daredevil |OT| A Dance With The Devil in the Pale Moonlight

I think those were my better suggestions.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
rCZmbFz.jpg

Note the red lines on the costume.

glow

Banned
It'll probably take me a week to watch the whole season. I get mental fatigue from watching anything too long and I'll want to watch this at night to be able to see all the literally dark scenes.

Is anyone here going to watch this in 4K resolution? If so, I'm super jealous of you, and your TV, and your internet speed....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom