• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Reveal Trailer Tops 20 Million Views on YouTube

Not only Uncharted, TLOU or GoW, Miles replaced Peter as main character of the second game, Ratchet got a female version. Returnal, GoT and Horizon didn't have a white male protagonist, Days Gone didn't get a sequel. Too much cases, seems Sony wants to get rid of their white male characters.

Good fucking lord

Kratos is still the protag in Ragnarok, Peter is still the protag in Spiderman 2, Logan is still the protag in Wolverine.

Ratchet isn't a straight while male, an asian in a feudal era samurai game, shocker, and we all know Deacon wasn't the reason DG isn't getting a sequel

God forbid a few of their games have female protags.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
MGood fucking lord

Kratos is still the protag in Ragnarok, Peter is still the protag in Spiderman 2, Logan is still the protag in Wolverine.

Ratchet isn't a straight while male, an asian in a feudal era samurai game, shocker, and we all know Deacon wasn't the reason DG isn't getting a sequel

Female + black lead character
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Boss Mog

Dude, I can assure you it's okay to have black people present in some stuff. It's okay to have them even be leads, it's okay to have them be seen as equal next to white characters. Why are you so threatened by the mere idea that a white male isn't the hero of something? Why are you concerned the iconic Peter Parker will just suddenly up and stop existing? Are you also concerned they're going to make the black girl who appeared in the Ragnarok trailer the new lead of God of War or something? Is Kratos going to become Kisha? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm always amazed that this kind of backwards thinking even exists anymore. Like what century and world are we living in?
Dude stfu. If you bothered to read the thread before posting your virtue signaling bullshit, you'd know where I stand. You and the other morons who quote me and want to lecture me can't even handle somebody pointing out a simple pattern. I didn't say that I was upset by, I could care less, so why the fuck are you so triggered? If I say blacks are responsible for over 50% of murders in the US, I'm just stating a fact, doing so doesn't mean I'm against black people or hate black people. Do you understand the difference?

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Dude stfu. If you bothered to read the thread before posting your virtue signaling bullshit, you'd know where I stand. You and the other morons who quote me and want to lecture me can't even handle somebody pointing out a simple pattern. I didn't say that I was upset by, I could care less, so why the fuck are you so triggered? If I say blacks are responsible for over 50% of murders in the US, I'm just stating a fact, doing so doesn't mean I'm against black people or hate black people. Do you understand the difference?
Do everyone a favour and log out before you out do yourself with stupid posts.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Everyone? You're like all the idiots on twitter who think they speak for "everyone" when they get triggered by something and go on a rant. I'm sorry if merely stating facts is offensive to you but seriously, grow the fuck up.
Stating facts? Being a pathetic bigot isn't a plus to the forum. Your name and avatar comes from a series that primarily don't use the exact same protagonists in the sequels but you complain that other franchises are doing the same. Fairly ironic, don't you think?

Lognor

Banned
I'm not wrong. As I mentioned Sony, MS and Nintendo marketed multiple games that were also available on thier older consoles (or even in PC day one) as exclusives of the newest one. As it was in this case, 'PS5 exclusive'. It's a fact. If you don't want to accept facts it's your issue, not mine.

I assume that they decided to announce the PS4 version due to marketing reasons, to push early PS5 sales a bit more, or maybe to avoid crossgen related backlash on the announcement. That's all.
Holy shit. This is a perfect example of what is wrong with society. You show people PROOF and they still don't admit they're wrong. So fucking stubborn. Let's try this again:

ONIviGv.jpg

I've circled it now to make it a bit clearer for you. It does not say "Playstation Exclusive." Can you see the 5 there? Playstation 5 is different from Playstation.

If you think this means that it can also be on older consoles, even though it lists a specific console that it is exclusive to that is on you. And if that is true, then Starfield could be coming to Xbox One, right? Even though Bethesda said it was exclusive to Xbox Series, it could still come because them saying it's exclusive to one console does not mean it's actually exclusive to that console. Is that right? So then Spiderman 2 is coming out on PS4 and so is Wolverine, even though Sony said they were both PS5 exclusive. They're coming to PS4 because GT7 is that precedent. Right? I mean, come on. Just admit you're wrong and let's move on. YOU.ARE.WRONG.

There is no pattern. You've got a problem, a mental one. It needs correcting, it's something that has to be fixed, and it starts with telling your ass the truth. I can't believe you seriously just tried that cop out about a pattern. The only pattern is your brain apparently consistently manifesting bigoted feelings and fantasies where the white man is at risk, under attack and facing threat of being replaced by people who aren't white men. There is no pattern. You're just seeing things that aren't there as a direct result of you, yes you, being fundamentally broken.

To someone like you even Morpheus being black in the Matrix is representative of a pattern.

yurinka

Holy shit. This is a perfect example of what is wrong with society. You show people PROOF and they still don't admit they're wrong. So fucking stubborn. Let's try this again:

ONIviGv.jpg

I've circled it now to make it a bit clearer for you. It does not say "Playstation Exclusive." Can you see the 5 there? Playstation 5 is different from Playstation.

If you think this means that it can also be on older consoles, even though it lists a specific console that it is exclusive to that is on you. And if that is true, then Starfield could be coming to Xbox One, right? Even though Bethesda said it was exclusive to Xbox Series, it could still come because them saying it's exclusive to one console does not mean it's actually exclusive to that console. Is that right? So then Spiderman 2 is coming out on PS4 and so is Wolverine, even though Sony said they were both PS5 exclusive. They're coming to PS4 because GT7 is that precedent. Right? I mean, come on. Just admit you're wrong and let's move on. YOU.ARE.WRONG.
I am not wrong, you're the one not accepting the facts. When you posted it the first time I told you that I edited the previous post to expand it to basically explain that what I said about 'PlayStation exclusive' also applies to 'PlayStation 5 exclusive'. Not only for Sony, but also for Nintendo and MS.

The three marketed multiple games only mentioning them as exclusive for their newer console (basically because it's the hardware they are marketing at that moment) when some of them were crossgen or even also released on PC, or even simply timed console exclusives. This is the case of GT7 (mentioned originally as exclusive for th newer console and being crossgen).

The case of Spider-Man 2 or Wolverine is different, because unlike with GT7 or BotW Sony said that these games won't be released on PS4. When they only say 'PlayStation exclusive' or 'PS5 exclusive' (or the same with the other brands) it may mean it's crossgen or console exclusive, or even timed exclusive. It doesn't mean that only gets released for that console & generation. But when they say that they won't release it on PS4 (or XBO), something that happened with Spider-Man 2, Wolverine or Starfield, but not with GT7, it doesn't gets released on PS4 (or XBO).

Last edited:
Funny to read people had internet when they were young . I got 33.6k modem when I was 15? Videos? 2 minutes pv took almost 1-2 weeks to download if nobody touch the phone 😂

Good fucking lord

i seriously worry about the mental condition of those guys. he's seeing shit that just aint there and its scary that someone can be so delusional.

Lognor

Banned
I am not wrong, you're the one not accepting the facts. When you posted it the first time I told you that I edited the previous post to expand it to basically explain that what I said about 'PlayStation exclusive' also applies to 'PlayStation 5 exclusive'. Not only for Sony, but also for Nintendo and MS.

The three marketed multiple games only mentioning them as exclusive for their newer console (basically because it's the hardware they are marketing at that moment) when some of them were crossgen or even also released on PC, or even simply timed console exclusives. This is the case of GT7 (mentioned originally as exclusive for th newer console and being crossgen).

The case of Spider-Man 2 or Wolverine is different, because unlike with GT7 or BotW Sony said that these games won't be released on PS4. When they only say 'PlayStation exclusive' or 'PS5 exclusive' (or the same with the other brands) it may mean it's crossgen or console exclusive, or even timed exclusive. It doesn't mean that only gets released for that console & generation. But when they say that they won't release it on PS4 (or XBO), something that happened with Spider-Man 2, Wolverine or Starfield, but not with GT7, it doesn't gets released on PS4 (or XBO).
Yes, you are wrong. It clearly says Playstation 5 exclusive. Not Playstation exclusive. PLAYSTATION 5. It's hilarious that you are continuing to try to argue this point.

Playstation exclusive and Playstation 5 exclusive are not the same thing!

You keep bringing up Nintendo and Microsoft. Show me one example where they showed something like "Xbox Series exclusive" that ended up on Xbox One or "Nintendo Switch exclusive" that ended up on Wii U. It doesn't happen. And if it did, people would rightfully call them out for their deception.

And none of the other games that are coming to PS4, including HZD2 or GOW2 ever showed "Playstation 5 exclusive." Playstation exclusive, sure. But they NEVER included 5. There is a clear difference. Not sure how you are actually arguing this point!

Here is a capture from Sony's own website:

AtjhfqO.jpg

It was exclusive to PS5 until it wasn't.

Playstation 5 exclusive has NEVER meant that it would be on PS4. No need to re-write history.

kyliethicc

I wouldn't be surprised if they kill off Peter, or at the very least sideline him going forward (kinda like they did with Nate). Sony seems hellbent on removing all white male leads from their first party games. If the ending to God of War is any indication then Kratos is up next on the chopping block.

yea and they're gonna make Knack black in Knack 3 man fuck Sony

uROMGm4.jpg

yurinka

Yes, you are wrong. It clearly says Playstation 5 exclusive. Not Playstation exclusive. PLAYSTATION 5. It's hilarious that you are continuing to try to argue this point.

Playstation exclusive and Playstation 5 exclusive are not the same thing!

You keep bringing up Nintendo and Microsoft. Show me one example where they showed something like "Xbox Series exclusive" that ended up on Xbox One or "Nintendo Switch exclusive" that ended up on Wii U. It doesn't happen. And if it did, people would rightfully call them out for their deception.

And none of the other games that are coming to PS4, including HZD2 or GOW2 ever showed "Playstation 5 exclusive." Playstation exclusive, sure. But they NEVER included 5. There is a clear difference. Not sure how you are actually arguing this point!

Here is a capture from Sony's own website:

AtjhfqO.jpg

It was exclusive to PS5 until it wasn't.

Playstation 5 exclusive has NEVER meant that it would be on PS4. No need to re-write history.
I won't repeat again and again the same. Read what I already posted multiple times.

reksveks

I won't repeat again and again the same. Read what I already posted multiple times.
It clearly seems to you that ps5 exclusive is interchangeable with ps exclusive. I think most people see ps5 exclusive as a subset of PS exclusive. Can you find me an example of gow or h:FW where it used the term 'ps5 exclusive'?

reksveks

This was at 9 million new years, and 3 days into 2022 was still at 9 million. It got over 10 million more views in literally less than 3 days. :p
Again the problem is that trueview ad fucks up the view count imo. If Sony placed an order for 10m ads, at a rough 90% completion rate at $5 cpm then its 50k for 9m views etc.

yurinka

It clearly seems to you that ps5 exclusive is interchangeable with ps exclusive. I think most people see ps5 exclusive as a subset of PS exclusive. Can you find me an example of gow or h:FW where it used the term 'ps5 exclusive'?
I already mentioned that Sony, MS and Nintendo sometimes use their brand 'PlayStation exclusive' and sometimes their most recent console 'PlayStation 5 exclusive' to mention crossgen games. Or temporal exclusives, or console exclusives, or temporal console exclusives.

And not only them, a lot of other people like fans or gaming media does it. Search "playstation 5 exclusives" on google or youtube, you'll find dozens of articles or videos mentioning crossgen games like Horizon, Ragnarok or GT7. Or temporal or console exclusives. And same goes with the other consoles.

They typically do it when talking about a group of games. Like on a sizzle reel video, or in articles or videos about the upcoming exclusives for a console for a new year, or as a recap of the best past ones. As I said, make a search. There are many cases for each console.

Tripolygon

Banned
He is a fucking fictional demigod. He can be whatever fucking gender, race, color, height, and weight they want him to be. He can be a fucking tentacle purple alien if that is the direction they want to take the character.

XTA

Neo Member
you're so fucking triggered lmao go take a nap kid

wtf is this shit
People in costumes being flirty or act like every female asian character in all the video games you love.
You’re like—a post and half from getting this thread locked lol…
These videos are from youtube. They are completely harmless, they just are weirdly aimed at kids for views. Parents hand their kids ipads to parent their kids. They arent anymore harmful that the stupid saturday cartoons kids watch.
Man this is some serious shit And it is not funny
It’s weird. Every kid I knew was watching it. And I blocked it from every parents iPad I knew.
I'm okay with the mods just removing this post without locking the whole thread down.
Homie, it’s a youtube video. It’s adults in famous characters costumes giggling like japanese school girls.
Spider-man is a beast of a franchise.

Sony only owns the right to Spider-man for movies.

Sony was smart to strike a licensing deal with Disney/Marvel for Spider-man games (and also smart for wolverine).
Sony owns the TV rights and movie rights. Sony sold Disney TV rights for shows under 35 mins, and merchandise rights.

Sony is obviously leveraging the movie rights (increased disney share in profits, left spiderman in the MCU) for licensing of the spiderman for games.

pasterpl

Took bit longer but Hogwarts Legacy - Official Reveal Trailer | PS5 got 27mln views on ps YouTube channel. Point I am trying to make, that any game based on a big multimedia (books, fils, comics etc. ) ip will get shit loads of YouTube views.

Top Bottom